Sunday 15 August 2010

Daisy, Daisy, give me your answer do!


These cards all started when I got the little corrugated flower pots - I think from Mad About Cards in their wonderful website bargains section...and there are loads in the packet! These will appear on some Christmas cards I think!

I used paper daisies from the wedding section in Hobbbycraft - I like the fact that they aren't 'perfect' - much more realistic. The backing papers are from a Daisy and Dandelion Picnic Patch A5 paper collection, matted onto Coredinations cardstock... as ever. After sticking it all together I just added some pearly yellowy bits of muted 'bling' to some of the printed background daisies to 'lift' them a bit.

The wavy sentiment 'Hope you have a perfect day' is from Elzybells. Their closing down sale is still on and I've bought quite a few of their unbacked rubber sentiments at about £1 each. Brilliant value and excellent quality. The sentiment was stamped using Brilliance 'Sunflower Yellow' then embossed. I did all the sentiments in one go before tackling the other areas of the cards BTW. It does save the heartache of spoiling a finished card if you don't get the stamping just right :)

Di
x

5 comments:

  1. Lovely card! I saw on another blog that you are having trouble centering your die over your completed image. I only have Spellbinders so this is what I do: Place the die where you want it then put tiny bits of tape on the die and the area outside the image area. When you flip it over it will hold you die in place nicely. HTH
    Hugs & Blessings
    Bernie
    bernietom47@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bernie!

    Thank you so much for your sweet comment. Would you believe it, I couldn't sleep last night and got to thinking about my question about centering completed images to die cut them...and came up with the idea of using tape and flipping over. I hadn't seen your comment but perhaps it was telepathy :) Thanks again
    Di
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. HEY!!!!!!!!!! I DIDN'T KNOW YOU'D STARTED BLOGGING!!!!!!!!!

    I've just read it all! ALL of it! It's lovely. Lovely cards too, they all look so professional!

    Me and my bear have signed up to follow :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was shocked to read that Elzybells is closing! I just went over and ordered the swirly words stamps that you use. Erm, and a couple more. Retail therapy, what can I say!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Helena - and Bob T Bear Esq of course - welcome and thanks for the lovely comments!Only about three people know about the blog so far! :)

    So glad you nipped over to Elzybells - at half price you just HAVE to buy two for the price of one - that's my excuse! Sssh!!! Di x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.