Monday 2 August 2010

A taste of the Orient


I spotted these 'cheongsam dress' peeloffs, by Anita, in The Range. Each sheet has four different designs with complimenting fans and a few flowers/embellies - they come in silver or gold. It was my first visit to one of their stores and it was like an Aladdin's Cave, so much so that I bought very little, there was too much to take in!

My mind was taken back to three fabulous years I spent in Singapore as an Army Brat a child, from the ages of 10 to 13, many years ago. What magical days those were! I always yearned to be the owner of a cheongsam, I had the slim figure then too :( Obviously I was too young to be wearing such exotic dresses but my Mum did relent and buy me some beautiful pink brocade PJ's with the top in cheongsam style! Much too hot to sleep in, no air. con in those days, just swishing ceiling fans...but great for dressing up in!


The dresses, fans and some embellies were made by sticking the peeloffs to pearlised paper from my stash and then trimming round the shapes. I've had the paper for ages and wish I could find the same pad again :( The paper down the left hand side of the card is from the Papermania Capsule Collection, silver self adhesive flowers strip from my stash (QVC), the sentiment is from Craftwork Cards and I just added a few clear diamantes (KanBan)to add a bit of 'bling'.

Di
x

1 comment:

  1. That paper is so pretty! Annoying when you can't remember where you got it from!

    The pink makes it all look so delicate. The charities will love these!

    Have fun! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.