Thursday 18 November 2010

Panic mode - how many sleeps until Christmas?!

Last week I went to a card making class and we concentrated on Christmas cards in which sent me into a spin when I got home and realised how many cards I have yet to make for Christmas. Luckily I'd bought what I thought was just a paper pack in the shop after our class - but it turned out to have matching 'toppers' as well - perfect for some quickie makes. The paper pack is Papermania's Classic Christmas by Stephanie Dyment and for once I've launched straight into using it rather than admiring it for a while. It's gorgeous I must say and has certainly come to my rescue - I've worked out I can make at least 22 cards like the first six I've rattled off  (four shown below) and still have some paper and bits and bobs left over.







So, all I've done is to match a topper with the relevant paper - although they really are so complimentary to one another it would be good to mix them too. The cards I've made so far have patterned paper edged with the Floral Vine Martha Stewart edging punch which has then been layered onto a contrasting/toning card. These photos show red card stock but some of the papers will look good on cream or white. Then the topper has been added after being layered onto a slightly larger piece of mirri card - and an organza bow added as the finishing touch. Simples - and a little sigh of relief here that I might be able to speed things up a bit :)

Hope you're better organised than I am!

Di
x

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.