Saturday 30 July 2011

Amazing what you find

....when looking for a card in a hurry. Rootling through my stock of ready made cards, I came across one I made ages ago. Long before the current trend for 'shopoholic based' cards I found a sentiment stamp that seemed to sum it all up...apologies to one William Shakespeare:


Ha! So this is why I bought the mulberry paper originally! I'd been wondering about that.

The card is just plain white, a handbag template cut from card and covered with mulberry paper, wrapped round the edges and very fiddly I seem to recall :( . That's why I'd put the wretched paper away and forgotten about it until Bernie and I were emailing one another about it and then I stumbled across the idea of using double sided sticky film. The handle is just a little length of silver beading, bought from Hobbycraft well before I discovered the joys of internet 'craft stash' shopping. The sentiment was stamped and then embossed in silver and I used peel offs to edge it with.

I've just replaced the original little embellishment I'd used with a pearlised flower and one pink gem - a girl has to have some bling after all!

In a rush today - off to the supermarket (on a Saturday along with everyone else I expect - oh deep joy). Then home to flick the duster a bit more, make a dessert and chop stuff ready to make Lazy Chicken Mediterranean Pilaff for dinner. We have a hungry young man staying tonight.

A question - I'm looking for some LOW tack double sided sticky tape or tape runners to do some masking. It has to be double sided - I've got the single sided low tack tape but that isn't going to work for what I want to do. 'Post-its' won't do the job really, I've tried! :( Any suggestions/recommendations as to which is best and where to find them please?

Hope your weekend is less manic than mine, Mr Blogger won't even check this for spelling. Now where did I put that shopping list? And if the radio plays 'The Flight of the Bumblebee' again while I'm working I'll scream!!


Di

8 comments:

  1. Stamp Addicts have a proper masking tape which is awesome, expensive but well worth it, give it a try. Great blog, thanks for the email ;)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't help you there Di it would be a long swim for me, sorry! Great card!!! Hope you enjoy your weekend and get a bit of R and R at some point.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is adorable. Love the little purse. Well at least you know why you got the Mulberry paper, I still don't know why I got mine.
    Wish I could help but the last low tack dbl sided tape I bought 'Special Moments' was lacking in the sticky, as in no sticky at all. If all else fails, use regular dbl sided tape, put it on your clothing to pick up some fuzz till it's not so sticky. Good luck.
    Hope you get some rest.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di . . . great CAS card there.

    The Stamp Addicts low tack stuff mentioend by Nicky, above, is called Eclipse Tape . . . but I've never tried it so can't give you any more info.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks familiar, I think you sent me some for the cancer charity card box a long time ago now! It is a timeless card which suits so many people. Will think about the tape for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes Karen, I remember sending you some. I kept one back and this was it.

    I found out that you can get Post Its with the back fully adhesive rather than just a strip along the top - need to investigate that one but keep your thinking cap on!!

    Have now surfaced from a busy few days, will email and also tomorrow should finally have time to finish packing some stash for you. Whew, good to get back to a bit of normality. Di x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Forgot to say ladies, it seems that Eclipse tape is discontinued
    :( Ain't that just my luck! Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    A fabby little make .. .. sorry can't help with the low tack plea .. .. I seem to just get away with post it notes for my feeble efforts at masking!!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.