Monday 25 July 2011

Inspired feather and flowers thank you card

Firstly, the flowers and feather on this card are totally, totally inspired by Bernie. She makes such delicate cards, some with tiny flowers wisps of feathers and little flowers on, and I just adore them - her work is really exquisite. I hope that imitation is the sincerest form of flattery Bernie!


The card started out when I used an idea I'd found using double sided sticky paper to layer mulberry paper on and then die cut in the Cuttlebug - posted on WOYWW here almost a couple of weeks ago. I took the mulberry scalloped oval which was already stuck onto some white card and cut it the next size down. This was because I wanted a multi-layered background and I'm sure that it would have just shown through the mulberry paper on its own - plus it was too large for what I had in mind.

With the scallop done it was just a matter of going through my snippets where I found the perfectly matching turquoise background card with a slightly marbled effect. That was run through the CB and embossed with butterflies and, as luck would have it, lying right on my desk was a strip of lacy edged card - again a perfect match - which I trimmed and then ran through the CB using a different folder (dots this time).

The strip of lacy edged card had just arrived in a parcel of goodies from Dies to Die For - Tracy always includes a few die cut bits and pieces and this was just perfect! And the parcel arrived less than 24 hours after I placed the order too - brilliant service!

I then layered the mulberry paper scallop onto the card using sticky pads to add dimension.

I said in a recent post that my local crafting buddy had given me some flower punches after our crafting session last week - so I dived into the snippets again and punched a few flowers and some leaves (that certainly didn't make much of a hole though in the snippets!). I found the little white flowers in my stash and it was just a matter of layering the tip of a white marabou feather (no chickens were harmed in this exercise Sarn!), the flowers and then adding some self-adhesive pearls from my stash to the flowers and along the lacy edging. Oh, and a little 'Thank You' sentiment (made by Craftwork Cards).

So, courtesy of  inspiration for the flowers and feather from Bernie, that's my make yesterday!

I'd like to enter this into the following challenges:

Jules' Crafty Snippet Challenge - Week 29

Totally GorJuss Challenge 90 - Punch or Die (I used both!)

Hope Monday is going well for you - the sun is shining here, yippee :))

Di
x

9 comments:

  1. Ooh Lovely! Very pretty and delicate.

    Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, love the colours, and the pretty feather, Thanks for sharing x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Di, love the pearls used on the flowers and the Scolloped edge great colours of flowers and gorgeous background really is a great card:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Di I love it! So girly and delicate and you know I love all shades and hues of blue.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Bernie - I was worried you'd think I stole your idea but it's so gorgeous I just couldn't resist trying it out. I'd forgotten blue was your fave colour (how did I do that with your blog?!) so maybe this was made especially for you, and thank you for being so gracious chick! - hugs, Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Really lovely card especially the touch of the feather.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di

    What a stunning snippet creation. I love the fluffy feather and the cute little flowers .. .. they go beautifully with your embossing and pearls.

    Beautiful.

    Thank you for keeping me company again this week in the snippet playground.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely delicate card and a great use of snippets. I must remember to use my feathers.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and a fabulous use of snippets! x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.