Thursday 21 July 2011

A little touch of magic

...and a diamond top card:

I just love this little guy, ever hopeful that his magic will bring his Teddy to life maybe - although I think our Teddies do have life in them anyhow. The stamp is from LOTV (called Abracadabra - what else!), coloured with Pro Markers and a little bit of gold Stickles added to the stars and the gold book corners. I coloured the background with mauve Pebbles Pearlescent chalk - hoping it looks a bit like 'magic mist' :) Die cut with a Nestie and layered onto a diamond top style card. There's a good tutorial here if you want to have a try at a diamond top - the hardest bit is being brave enough to fold it once all the score marks are done.

Background papers are from a Papermania Rich Purple pack, the self-adhesive ribbon is Anita's and the little gold holographic peel off stars came from my Christmas stash. The sentiment is from a LOTV set, stamped and die cut.

That's it from me today - I'm going round to a friend's this afternoon with my Cuttlebug to let her have a go at some embossing. Dontcha love getting people excited about new gizmos they haven't tried before. Last week she had a go at die cutting (terrified of the 'bendy B plate' on top). So today I'm being kinder and taking lots of embossing folders (she already has a shed load of card of her own) and the CB....with the flat/un-banana shaped B plate that I keep just for embossing.

Oh, and I might just take this blank card, with one already scored for her to play with. She almost passed out at the thought of tackling a teepee card like the one I posted here recently so let's see how this one goes down....evil little grin here :)

Edit: Ooh sheesh - I remembered I made this 'Magic' card with a really specific challenge in mind, not that I ever win but they are such fun - do think about it girls!:

The Totally Gorjuss challenge - which is 'all about boys'

I love this challenge, it's always good fun, so go and see :

Also, have just come home from my friend's, bearing some cute litle flower punches which she says she'll never use....plus some local Hampshire Honey...which keeps my beloved OH happy, after what was  a long session 'playing at crafting' and converting her to the CB. I also took sticky tape rollers, glue pen, Pinflair stuff and a few other goodies so it was an all round 'I give you and you give me'. And whoop, whoop, - the diamond card was a hit with her so I left some scored ones to try out - next week is Martha Stewart punches, punch around the page et al. And we must have produced enough embossed card to sink a battleship! I need my pizza, a glass of wine (large please) and then a lie-down to recover  - but it was great fun.

Have a great day/evening if you read the edited version!


Di
x

12 comments:

  1. I see you learnt well my little student! This is a card to amaze people with as it looks so difficult but once the scoring is done, it's easy! Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Karen, the final fold still scares me until it kinda clicks into place! I still have the original one you sent me eons ago! Di x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this shaped card and the cute image Di.

    Good luck converting your friend this afternoon! I'm sure she'll want to have a go when she see's the card.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di. Love the card. My Harry Potter mad grandson would love it too.
    I hope you have fun with your friend. I have 'wow-ed two friends sufficiently for them both to go out and buy their own cuttlebug. This morning they have been here to learn how to make my paper flowers and have gone home very satisfied customers, raring to have a go again with their 'snippets'. I think it is great to share a bit of knowledge with friends who you know are going to get so much pleasure from what they learn. We live in a fairly aging community out here - most of us are retired, and many of my friends are not in the habit of using the internet to learn new techniques, we don't get the magazines very often, so we need to inspire one another. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your kind words on my blog. I love this little guy - he's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow....Very nice. I'm going to have to try this one. Love the graphic on your card. Very cute!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This image is so cute! great for Harry Potter fans ..............or not either way its a great card :) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your magic card. Great image for a little boy card. Thanks for joining us at TG this week.

    Kat x

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG I love this card. Thanks for the link. I recently found Christina and love her videos and tutorials but hadn't gotten to this one yet. Something else to add to my must try list. Love this image and of course your coloring is superb.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di

    Fabby card .. .. great shape and cute image.

    That sounds like one wonderful day finished off perfectly.. .. with that large glass of red!!! Is there any other type? LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. There's just no stopping you making all these fancy cards. Di, they are wonderful! Hope your friend had fun with the Cuttlebug! Liked the edited version with the pizza and large glass. My kinda meal - Yes please!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Aww this is such a cute image - love your colouring!! I love that card style too!
    Esme x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.