Saturday 23 July 2011

A peek at something amazing and talk of bargains

Thursday's posting on this blog here - Patchwork Apples - which belongs to Bubbles included some fabby secrets of where to find real bargains (in the UK) for your stash cupboard - they have all been noted for sure! BUT, if you hop over to Bubbles' blog, there's the most AMAZING Christmas House, posted on the same day - it's truly stunning! The detail is mind blowing so do go and take a peek! I know, being a Christmas girl, I just love it.....and I bet The Crafty Elf will be entranced too:) 

Anyhow, talk of bargains got me thinking about a great stamp that my friend Bernie sent me, all the way from the USA - so I inked it up and made this card - I bet we can all relate to it:


It took next to no time, just coloured with Pro Markers and then layered onto three snippets of card/paper! The patterned ones are some left from a tent card I posted on here a week or two ago - just so you know I ain't cheating :)

I'm on a roll with these snippets so am entering another card into:

Jules Crafty Snippets Challenge - week 28

So far I've only cut smallish squares and rectangles from my snippets - but, trust me, my desk is covered with little paper flowers right now ready for something else I'm thinking about. So much to make and so little time:)

Hope you're having a great weekend and make time to nip over and peek at the Christmas House. I'm beginning to feel a little swell of panic rising as I haven't done anything towards making Christmas cards yet and loads of blogs even have their owners own little progress indicators installed!

Di
x

10 comments:

  1. Hi Di

    Wow!!!

    Another great snippet make .. .. love the backing papers you have chosen alongside that great image.

    I love the sentiment very much .. .. and can totally relate to that!!!!!!

    Thank you for coming out to play again this week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Di another stunning card love the image and the background papers are delicious great sentiment too!:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fab card and stamp! Yep - can relate to THAT!

    Well done on using up some of your snippets.

    Talking of Christmas - Monday is "Rudolph Day" . . . the 25th of each month. Join in and make a Christmas card with me . . . I DARE you!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I might just do that Sarn! Time I got a start on Christmas cards I think! Hugs, Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Di... thank you - you're so sweet!

    Loving that card - the sentiment is one I can definitely relate to *lol*
    Gorgeous colouring - so professional. Even with promarkers or copics I just can't seem to make a coloured page look good - think I'll stick to christmas houses for now :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aw Di I'm glad I sent her on to you, I knew you'd do her justice. What a great card and she still cracks me up.
    Have a great weekend.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  7. He, he - great stamp and love the way you've layered it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm going to check it out at the same time I'm LMAO. Thanks for the shout out there and you can bet your Christmas Stocking I'm entranced! Gotta run and see me some Christmas magic!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ha! Too funny! Very true at the end of the month though! I saw Bubbles Christmas House, isn't it amazing?! So much work. I counted my Christmas cards at the weekend..... 28 of them made so far! Lol, just to make you feel bad!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.