Saturday 16 July 2011

Teepee card

EDIT: This post was already scheduled when I found out about Harriet the Hedgie. For days we hadn't seen a hedgie feeding in the garden and to be honest I'd assumed that the explanation was because Harriet was too ill to wander far. However, CCTV picked up a visit from one during Thursday night, round about the same time as Harriet died at the sanctuary. Maybe a little message that life does go on.

This card is another new shape for me:






There's a great tutorial for making a teepee (or tepee, it can be spelt both ways) card here. And this is how the card looks when it's flat - ready for posting:


It was a fun card to make, although at almost the last stage I stuck the die cut image on a bit askew and ultra sticky DST is impossible to peel off :( Still, it was a just little tryout and next time I'll know to take more care!

The image is a LOTV one which I coloured using watercolours on holiday and at home I die cut it using a Labels 8 Nestie and stuck a teeny little pompom on for his tail.

The background papers are from a Picnic in the Park paper stack (free with a magazine), sentiment by Craftwork Cards and the green organza ribbon came from my stash. The white daisy had a clear sparkly gem on which I replaced with a gold one to tone better with the daisies in the background paper and the sentiment.

TIP: The tutorial show all layers of the card being punched through for the ribbon in one go. I managed this after resorting to a very old spring loaded single hole punch (whoops, it kinda followed me when I left my last job, but I figured it had been my faithful companion for more years than I recall). Having thought about it, I'd be tempted another time to punch the flap that you fold over on the righthand side first as that's a single layer, then line up and mark for the other holes. You'd still be punching through two layers of card and two layers of paper but it might need less brute force.

Thanks for calling by - and hope your weekend is going well!

Di
x

7 comments:

  1. Oh, Di... the card is gorgeous - I've never seen a teepee card before!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun design Di. Love it.
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE LOVE LOVE this card. Great shape, lovely image and terrific papers!

    Hugs, Sarn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous - love the backing paper, I missed that magazine, a real shame as it looks like it has some nice papers in it. Really gloomy and rainy here, so will be doing some crafting later.....lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never seen tepee cards till now but I love it! The cols are gorgeous - thanks for showing x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card! I've never seen this shape before so I followed the link and try one for myself. Thanks for sharing.
    Bye Franka

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card and will definately give a tepee card a go. Thanks for the tutorial Di. Such a great card and I do love your colouring!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.