Wednesday 6 July 2011

WOYWW 109

Silly me, I cleared a lot of bits and pieces away yesterday afternoon so the 'work area' of my desk is visible again! It was driving me crazy not being able to find anything....ever had a super fast drying blob of glue from a hot-gun in place and not been able to find either the flower you want to stick down or your tweezers? Don't answer that one - I just know I'm not alone :) You would have been really proud of the mess :) But, the baskets remain lurking to the right hand side:


Plus piles of paper work to sort out. As always, the basket at the back (green one) is stuffed full of new stamps etc. yet to be used. However, showing that I'm not totally disorganised, here's how I store my little pots of Twinkling H2O's:




Yup, it's another Really Useful Box with one of those wonderful divided plastic tray inserts. As they're solid cakes of paint in those cute little pots, it's fine to store them on their sides and so easy to see what's what. And, there's space on top for storing a paint mixing palette, brushes, my travel set of ordinary water colours plus a Mini Mister. For ages I used brushes to moisten the H2O's but finally a light bulb went on and the answer is to spritz with a small spray of water then leave it for a minute or two before diving in to begin painting - perfect!

This has been a great week for surprises - a couple of packages of wonderful stash arrived from Dee (aka Peggy). Dee doesn't have a blog as yet but it's only a matter of time I hope and I'll happily set one up for her - although I know she's a bit of an IT whizz anyhow. She sent loads of gorgeous embellies, stamped backgrounds, raffia, flowers, charms and goodness knows what. It never ceases to amaze me just how kind crafty folk are when it comes to sharing - what a fabulous bunch you are! Watch this space tomorrow to see what I made using some of the goodies :) I think this post is already a bit long and you all have some hopping around to do.

So, sit back, get comfy and hop over to Julia's to see what everyone else's desk is like today. Have fun!

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Thanks for the lovely comment to show my desk, Finally took the plunge. Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that really useful box organiser and all the gorgeous rainbow of colours you have in it :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gosh so many pots of twinkling h20's do love your storage for them ,nice to be able to visibly see what you have...lots..lol
    Have creative wednesday
    hugs judex15

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pic of your desk Di. Happy WOYWW.

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di!

    I had a good snoop around your desk and there is quite a few things I really like! I wish I had a pink ATG - I bought one before the pink ones came out so I am now stuck with the yellow one! I do love it though - can't imagine crafting without it! Will be back to see what you make with that new stash!
    Lots of hugs
    Cardarian

    ReplyDelete
  6. lovely display of H2o's my OCD would kick in and I'd have to do them in the colour wheel...

    dx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di, I'm now suffering serious Twinkling H2O envy - what a gorgeous collection and love your storage. I like your idea of keeping a basket with your new, and yet to be used, stamps in full view, must look at making room for one :) Have a great week. Elizabeth x #72

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never thought about colour wheel Doone - Now there's a thought!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your idea of storing you H20's this way great idea I just habve mine thrown in a box with my cosmic shimmers and mica powders so have to hunt for a colour I want still I don't have many yet so still time for it to grow lol
    Jacki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your storage for the H2o's - mine are in drawers but i leave the Fab to use aren't they?
    Well done on receiving two surprises - look forward to seeing what you do with the things. Thanks for sharing - Hugs, Neet #4

    ReplyDelete
  11. You could organise those little pots in so many different ways!! I find that storage really satisfying somehow - colour, mmmmmmmmmmmmmm!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey, I have those little cake paints, I love them. Great storage idea. I heard you had a poppy on your desk...check out the link below my WOYWW post. PS today there are 4. Keep smiling and creating

    ReplyDelete
  13. Don't you just love it when you find the PERFECT way to store your stash. That looks wonderful.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  14. H2O's. Never work with it, but they look great in your box.
    Have a crafty wednesday.
    xFranka

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ooh I have serious H2O envy too! They look so lovely stored like that:) Thankyou so much for the gorgeous card you sent, sorry I didn't say so before. It's been one of those weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow Di, do you use all those pots? they look great in your box:) Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Sandra
    Nope, I haven't used all of the pots as yet but am going to be using them much more so perhaps some of them won't feel as neglected :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the Twinkling H20 storage. I have it in a box with refills and alcohol ink and crackle paints and I never can find the colors I want. I am going to look around and see if I can find one of these boxes! Thanks for sharing. Vickie #44

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi there Di wow what an awesome array of H2O's I really am trying not to turn green, a tidy desk too! love your card above this post.. ..thanks for popping over and running late sorry! happy WOYWW Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. I'm so late getting round this week it's almost time for another WOYWW!!
    I'm so envious of your lovely organised H20's. I love these little pots of goodness but don't have nearly as many as you!!
    Thanks for your lovely comments.
    hugs Lisax

    ReplyDelete
  21. H2O's are something I've never tried before but they look so inviting all lined up like that in the box. Nice to see all your new stamps on display. My husband would take one look at my new and used stash and take the credit card away, lol! Running very late this week.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.