Wednesday 13 July 2011

WOYWW 110

Wednesday again and time for the weekly snoop to see what everyone else is up to! I even passed up the chance to go and watch my OH at playing at being Robin Hood archery this morning so I could show some of the mayhem here - and have a snoop myself of course :) No contest was there?!

Firstly, yesterday I was looking for a small piece of black card for my OH in the 'snippets drawer' and it's so full I couldn't close the flipping thing again! Don't know about you but it's amazing how many little 'raids' he makes on my craft stuff....'You wouldn't happen to have.......?'. Eyelets, card, laminating, markers - you name it (and in nine cases out of ten I have it!).

Some serious sorting out is needed here and as Sandra has refused my offloading ploy kind offer to send the whole flipping lot to her - go here to see what gorgeous cards she makes with her snippets -  I already knew this point was approaching So I bought an expanding file thingy last week with clearing this little lot into some semblance of order in mind.....colour ranges maybe - and judging by the amount I might need another expanding file :(



And, the other day I was emailing Bernie about Mulberry Paper (remember that?). Bernie and I have about a 24 hour lag in our emails as she lives in the USA - she produces some really beautiful, delicate cards and her blog (here) is worth a little peek! Like me, Bernie had some of the paper languishing in her craft closet. Then, by pure coincidence, about 30 minutes later I stumbled across a super tip when I was just blog-hopping and not even looking for anything to do with Mulberry Paper - kinda spooky! Credit where it's due - I've retraced my steps and the blog I found the tip on is 'Cats Whiskers', although it was only mentioned in passing I got the drift and just had a little play as I had both the slightly abandoned papers and the double-sided sticky back plastic:



Firstly, peel off one side of the backing from the sticky back plastic and put in on the wrong side of a sheet of Mulberry Paper. Some Mulberry Paper is the same on both sides but generally one side does have a better layer of the fibres showing.


Then using your chosen die (or punch I should think would be fine) - cut out the shape(s) you want. My Nesties don't have a trace of 'sticky' left on them by the way which was one concern I'd had.


Peel off the other side of the backing paper and stick onto your project. Bingo, no glue lines and a nice background on which to play. This was just to show how it's done as curiosity was getting the better of me - I'd struggled with glue and all sorts ages ago and been disappointed. It looks so much better in real life - very delicate. I suspect I now need to dig into those snippets and make some pretty little flowers and leaves to turn this into a card! Oooo, and I also have some new little white marabou feathers to play with too.

So, why waste time here when you could hop straight over to Julia's to see what everyone else is up to! Happy WOYWW and thanks for calling by.

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. That looks like a great idea Di :-)
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Show us your finished creation, Happy Crafting

    ReplyDelete
  3. CONGRATS on soring out your snippets.

    Happy WOYWW

    Hugs, Sarn x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another clever little snippet! Thanks for sharing. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's a great tip. I have loads of mulberry paper and similar, and double sided adhesive sheets, so I shall definitely give it a go. Thanks Di. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  6. That's a clever idea! I know, however, that if I tried anything like that, it would get stuck to anything and everything, rip, be dropped on the floor where it would pick up the fluff and general scuzz. I'm very cack-handed, you see :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, good news travels fast! Thanks for the tip. This is what's so awesome about our bloggy blog world, we can learn so much!! I think you made the wise choice staying home and snooping, just sayin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, ha!! If only you knew where we've been this afternoon Crafty Elf - no chance to stay home and snoop much after all. Will post more and piccies tomorrow, let's just say that much for now :) Di x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di, my hubby quite often comes raiding my stash but it is usually for the sticky stuff - he's now away with half a tube of glue gel because 'it sticks anything'! I see you have the pink Cuttlebug whilst I have the blue - sounds like the cue for a song :) Clever idea with the paper - I have some much treasure Washi paper which might benefit from this treatment too so thanks for the wee tut. Have a great week. Elizabeth x #99

    ReplyDelete
  10. I found my double sided sticky stuff along with the mulberry paper so I'll have to try this. I look forward to see the finished card. Have fun sorting your snippets. Sounds prettier then scraps but still the same big job.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  11. That's a great tip! Bet it would emboss fine too with the added weight of the sticky back paper. Loved the story of Harriet the Hedgehog, hope she's doing ok.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  12. thanks for the tip, i have some mulberry paper somewhere.
    my OH is the same, he asks silly questions like have you got some coloured card? or have you got a pair of scissors,i usually reply "depends what you want them for" lol
    janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.