Wednesday 20 July 2011

WOYWW 111

All this wet weather made me knuckle down and do some serious tidying and sorting out in here - a lot of the reason was 'cos I'd ended up crafting on about one square foot of desk space! I just bet most people are the same at some point. But, eventually the clutter was becoming too much of a distraction  driving me nuts and it had to be licked  back into shape.

Last week I'd arrived at the point where I couldn't close the snippets/scraps tray, so that was my first task. In comparison to many (such as Jules - go and peek, if you dare. And while you're there - do look at the gorgeous cards she makes) I'm way down the 'hoarder list' but it still took me a good while - and this is the end result:




It truly was a worthwhile exercise and I've been amazed at how many colour combinations I came across that I wouldn't have thought about before. I should also add this disclaimer 'Not one snippet was harmed during this process'....I kept every single one of the little perishers :)

This is my desk right now....space, glorious space:


The usual morning cup of black coffee and things as I left them yesterday. A LOTV image ('Abracadabra') that I stamped, coloured with Pro Markers and then chalked the background - just waiting for me to set to with the Cuttlebug. LOTV sentiments, also already stamped and ready to die cut. Clean (please note Julia - little smile of glee here) stamps - whoops and the baby wipe I cleaned them with - waiting to be put away.

A quick swing to the right and ta-da:


An empty grey basket which is usually overflowing with stash waiting to be returned to its rightful place! And, the green basket behind is also a shadow of its former self. It holds new stash and stamps to be used before they get put away and potentially forgotten about. At the end of last week I had a MAMMOTH stamping session - some for friends and some, while I was at it, for me. Then the stamps were settled into their boxes - for now. Another mission is to totally organise the unmounted stamps - they are all 'sort of' categorised in Really Useful Boxes but it's still a heck of a lot of sorting through looking for the right stamp so I need a system.

Hopefully life might be easier with more ready stamped images to hand. I've been so lucky that friends have sent me images and now my quest is to put them all, including the ones I did, to good use! Lots of colouring in ahead :)

Right ladies - that's my 'show and tell' for this week. To join in the fun and frolics do hop over to Julia's - you could be a while so nip to the loo, make yourself a coffee and settle down. I'll be doing exactly the same! Happy WOYWW!

Di
x

13 comments:

  1. LOVE your clean work area!!!!! It feels so good to start out fresh and clean....now you get to have FUN, Fun, fun!!!! Cant wait to see some of your finnished projects!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Think it does us all good to have a good sort out now and then....I have areas here that are crying out for the same treatment :-) [those are the ones you never see on camera on a Wed :-) ].
    Hugs,
    A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wahoo 10 out of 10 for effort! Congrats on that tidy desk and the sorted snippet box.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. After all that sorting and tidying, how did you manage to do any crafting?! *lol*
    Wonderful sorting out - and a great desk again :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very Productive and very organized & very tidy! I like having a sort out too, although I do hang on to
    the tinyest bits of paper...its
    hard to bin stuff when you craft
    eh!
    Lavinia
    x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow Di, you have a very organized, clean space. Way to go! I made some space too(moved everything over to the left). Shhh, don't tell! I'll wait for a rainy day to do my cleaning up ...nothing in the near future as far as I can see.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, Wow your so organised, very tidy nice to see a tidy desk and plenty of spce to play with!! Sandra H

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di, Great clean desks, does wonders to have a good sort and blow off the cobwebs, I am getting addicted to this now ha ha x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on that tidy desk and for getting your snippets under control. Doesn't it feel good to walk in and find a clean clear work surfface. I'm looking forward to seeing what you create with the image.
    Hugs
    Bernie

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whoa girl! How delightful - white coffee for me please, I'll be round to use up all that lovely space!! Interesting that you have a basket for discarded until ready to put away...me too...I may be chronically lazy and untidy, but I do have a system!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di

    What amazing snippet storage .. .. very organised.

    I wonder if I will ever manage to get mine down to one file !!!!!!!!!

    I somehow doubt it!!! LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. wish my desk was that tidy!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the snippet collection, I would need about three I think lol. Love the clean desk.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.