Sunday 8 April 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge - Number 15

Happy Easter Sunday, if you find any time to hop in here today. Here's such a cute little Easter Bunny that I found on Bernie's blog - when you read the roll call, do be sure to 'hop' over and see, it's where she signs off, clever huh?!

 /) /)
 (-.-)
0_(“)(“)


First, my snippets card for this week, and it all came together so easily you could have slapped me with a wet fish! I have a sneaky feeling I've only ever used this stamp once in all the years I've had it - naughty girl!
I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock (Hobbycraft sell these in packs of 50, I think, very reasonably priced with envelopes and also in cream)

- all other card and papers from the snippets folder, the colours just fell together too - amazingly

- Penny Black image 'Hedge and Ducklings' stamped using Memento 'London Fog' ink pad then coloured with Pebbles chalks and Dove blender pen (am still raving about this here!) plus some tiny touches with a brown Whisper pen on the seed

- sentiment stamped using an Elzybells sentiment then die cut with a new set of Nesties 'Nested Lacy Pennants', which also includes three sizes of banners. I know, I know, I could snip them myself but the embossing would be a different matter :)

- green ribbon from the ribbon box, yellow button from the button box plus my latest trim - green metallic string! I've long admired this on Jules fabulous cards, and when she kindly said where she buys it from I was off like a whippet out of a trap! Thanks Jules, once again I spent a few pennies more than planned :)

- almost forgot, Josy Rose nail heads! 

I'm entering this into the following challenges:

Penny Black & More At Allsorts - the April challenge is 'Oh So Cute' I think this definitely qualifies :) 

That Craft Place - Challenge 8 - All About Spring

OK, now to the main event - the roll call! Oh boy, Mr Blogger is taking ages to load each entry so I could be working until next Easter at this rate!

First into the playground this week (do you all take it in turns to camp outside the gate?) was Sandra H with this lovely card for a chap of any age, although with some glasses of beer perhaps not so much for kiddies?!  :) It's a fabulous image of a 'boy racer Teddy' with great background paper and a couple of great star shaped buttons which are the perfect finishing touch.

Elizabeth was really early this week with a monochrome card using a beautiful die cut silhouette as the main image. Some super embossing and black and white spotty ribbon and spotty card candi were almost the finishing touches - but Elizabeth seems to have an eagle eyed husband who had triumphantly brought home some black and white 'trim' from Halfords, the car and bike accessories store. Yes, I do recall the days when it was all the rage to put 'go faster stripes' onto cars too :) It all added up to a really stunning make!

Then, still on Sunday, Carol hopped in with such a cute corner bookmark - to see it go here. It's the sweetest image and I love the colours so much (not pink in case you haven't been to peek yet) - gorgeous colouring Carol and I can see a few folk emulating (ha, ha, a big word!) this. Mind you, I'd be worried about losing such a pretty bookmark so would keep it in my bedside book! Love the punched edging too :)

Jules was next, also on Sunday, with a fabulous card, made after raiding her brown and pink snippets. This is it here, and I just love it of course. At first I wondered if Jules had stitched the hearts onto the backing paper - it wouldn't have surprised me! Later on in the week we had some fabulous buttonholes on another card made by Jules, not a snippets one, so perhaps stitched hearts are in the offing? Her post did make me laugh as we'd been clearing our loft out and had also disposed of a load of ancient boxes from electrical goods, kept 'just in case'. And men say that we ladies are hoarders!

Then Laura raced in for a quick play, waving such a sweet card for the arrival of a baby girl. Of course, it's pink - yay - and the image is just darling. It's a Forever Friends one and just perfect for a new baby card - lovely backing papers, ribbon and a button to finish off - beautiful. I've just spotted Laura's countdown gadget on her blog, less than 140 days now until she finishes Uni. - I bet there's going to be some celebrating! Almost there now Laura :)

Liz brought what Kath described so rightly as a very peaceful Easter card, which you can see here. It sums up the true meaning of Easter with a cross and some beautiful lilies - very serene. The colouring is just perfect, Liz hasn't said if she coloured the image or not, and having been caught out by Stickeroos I can't tell - even though (and I kid you not) I had my nose pressed right up against the enlarged image here. Whatever, it's just perfect Liz.

Our Hazel seemed to have a busy week so a few less visits this week - hope she hasn't been in detention or something! Anyhow, this card is a real stunner - absolutely beautiful and such gorgeous peachy colours. Hazel used so many elements yet successfully didn't fall into my own trap of it looking like a couple of dogs had been fighting over it. Truly gorgeous. Next was a super card for a boy - great backing papers and I do love the little bicycle stamps that Hazel used. This was followed by a card using Basic Grey's Marrakesh papers, and they certainly remind me of the vibrant colours to be found in North Africa, plus some crocheted flowers for good measure - in bright and brave blue, the perfect foil for those yummy papers Hazel. Then we had this delightful card for a youngster, is there anyone who doesn't like Pooh, Tigger and Piglet? Len's pet name for me is Piglet, he reckons that Piglet and I tied at the end of the queue for common sense! Sometimes it's amazing he's still around, sigh :) 

This week we had two visits from Bernie - the first one was to show a card for her DIL Vona, and to share the good news that Vona is to begin nursing training soon. This is after a 14 year gap - everyone is rightly so proud of Vona - and Bernie's gorgeous card sums it all up. To see go here - I just love the old fashioned feel to the card, great image and using deep red, white and black to such good effect - I just bet that Vona will love it too. Then Bernie scampered back with two beautiful Easter cards and a very funny Easter tale as well. Do go here for a smile and to see the lovely cards - one has some very delicate overlapping of a single tulip, I can do large bits when die cutting but this is really delicate stuff - plus a cute little Easter bonnet on the other card.....in pink, I'm in Seventh Heaven :)

Gilly also paid us two visits, the first one was using resist embossing for her Less Is More entry - such a pretty card and elegant at the same time, do go here to see for yourself. Eeek, I've just this minute realised that I used the same stamp for my LIM entry, although our cards were totally different thankfully. I see so many ideas hopping round you playmates that I do wonder if there's some auto-suggestion going on here! Gilly's next visit was to show this super-elegant 'tufted' card - I just love it Gilly, especially the finishing touch of the huge bow! I can't make out if it's dark grey or navy with white but whatever, it's so worth a look!

We also had two visits from Tammy (our Button Queen) - firstly bringing an Easter card with a really beautiful image of a rabbit, I say rabbit rather than bunny because it's just so lifelike. The colours used by Tammy for all the gorgeous embellishments are just stunning too. Then Tammy's next card here featured a luscious handmade felt flower, plus lots of button and other delights - all in lovely colours. Tammy often uses pinks, turquoise and yellows on her cards - bringing them a style of her own, just beautiful and brave combinations.

Mary whizzed in next with the most gorgeous tag which you can see here. Ribbon, flowers, lacy doily, butterflies, swirls and even a teeny little pair of scissors - just perfect! Mary teaches crafting and I'm not at all surprised, her work is beautiful - she also has a shed load of snippets! I've offered to go visit hauling an empty suitcase to help sort them out - and very calmly Mary said, 'Fine, just give me time to sort out the guest room' :) 

Then Irene arrived, with the most beautiful sepia, green, ivory and white card . As always, a really elegant card and I love the stamps that Irene used for the sentiment. Not a Stickeroo to be seen :) I know a lot of you have picked up on those, they really are great for quick cards and do check out eBay if you're looking for them - as well as Handy Hippo. Great card Irene and your backing paper is so lovely I thought you'd stamped it!

Kath paid us her first visit - welcome to the playground! And such fun, Kath brought us a new piece of playground equipment to play on :) That's me hanging upside down! I did spend a lot of time hanging upside down as a child, often with a pretty dress tucked hurriedly into my knickers :) And guess what, Kath used a Stickeroo - and the bunting is such a fun finishing touch to a really charming card. I had such a sweet email from Kath, fretting that she hadn't hopped over to say 'Hello' to you all and offering to do 100 lines! I know that life is very busy for her right now - plus, seeing as we now have a climbing frame I think the lines can be forgotten! Do please try to say Hello to Kath if you haven't already, newcomers to the playground do take a little while to get used to our antics!

Then Linby trotted in, with a really eye catching teal and black card - silhouettes are very popular right now it seems. The images of the ladies are raised, and like many of us, Linby struggled to take a photo of that but we know what you mean anyhow Linby. When you go and look, I think you'll agree that the clothing looks so 1940's - very elegant indeed, and the contrast between black and teal is so lovely!

Lynne arrived next, after a little break away from the playground - welcome back! And just wait until you go and see these beautiful cards - all featuring rolled flowers, they're really gorgeous. I think we all need to give Lynne a little bit of support right now too - her little grand daughter Ruby is currently undergoing chemo - before an operation, and it must be such a stressful time. Crafting is a good way to relax I know, but it doesn't take all the worries away. One of Lynne's daughters will be having a sponsored head shave soon to raise funds for The Candlelighters Trust, a Yorkshire based charity who support families with children suffering from cancer. Please think positive thoughts for Ruby.

Karen T was next in with such sweet cards and a darling little gift bag too - which you can see here. Chicks, bunnies and lambs all feature in Karen's makes with some real 'Easter colours', yellows of course, and pinks and blues. All lovely! I can vouch for that as we have one of the cards plus a goodie bag here right now - the goodie bag is hidden from the two-legged mouse until later today :)

Next to arrive was Sam, with a little clutch of Easter cards. Again very traditional and just beautiful. You can see them here - they really are stunning, when you hop over to look make sure you enlarge the images to see just how beautiful the colours are on the crosses. Wisely, Sam kept a couple back as sympathy cards - like me she can find them difficult to make on receiving sad news. Ah, and celebrations too - it was Sam's 200th post as well! Go Sam!

Sarn was next with this cute little chap. And, not content with a terrific image, Sarn also decoupaged the little fella! He's the sweetest little dog and wearing what any well-dressed dog should wear, a paw-print patterned tie of course :) I love how the colours all go together so well Sarn - brilliant card as always! That reminds me of when I had two little bichon frises (little white balls of fluff) and each Christmas Day I used to tie huge red satin bows onto their collars before their Christmas morning walk. A bit of quiet revenge there as I was always 'too busy getting ready for my ex-H's family to arrive for Christmas lunch' to go on said walk - bet he felt a bit of a clown!

Next, and a bit later than usual this week, was Brenda -with a really stunning Christmas card, almost white on white but cleverly using touches of blue and a variety of different embossing - it's gorgeous Brenda! The layout is really unusual and works so well - and, oh dear, that's another fabulous Penny Black stamp on my wish list. Such a simple and elegant stamp, perfectly foiled by the embossing and other touches. Great stuff Brenda!

Maggie raced in with four beautiful cards - all very different too. Three feature Clarity stamps - the first is a lovely barge scene, the second is a feast of flowers in a border, all beautifully coloured too and the third is a very elegant Christmas card featuring holly boughs. Do make sure that you especially enlarge the second card to see all the work that Maggie has put into the intricate colouring. The fourth and final card from Maggie is a really sweet Christmas card - and the image looks possibly German to me, it's very much in the style of Hummel. A little boy in the snow and so cute Maggie!

Lyn dashed in yesterday afternoon waving a really lovely egg shaped Easter  card, decorated to look like a really special Easter egg wrapped in purple complete with ribbon and little flowers. It really is very pretty and some of the flowers almost look like the sugar paste ones that I remember from way back on very special Easter eggs. I love it!

Then, Mary H arrived with this lovely card - it's really stunning using the 'velveteen technique' and ferns plus a pretty butterfly! Do take a peek - and be sure to enlarge the photo, the detail is beautiful. OK, OK, I confess - the velveteen technique is a new one on me so I need to find out more - perhaps a little ferret round Mary's blog will help?! Mary is relatively new to blogging and this is her very first time playing with us so it would be really nice if you could call by and give her some encouragement.

Hope you're having a lovely Easter - I'm cooking us a mini Christmas dinner this evening. We both love Christmas fare so it's a turkey crown and all the trimmings here later, hmm, it's really Wintery weather here too - plus it means a couple of days with cold cuts etc. so I'm not really as stupid as I look :)

Mr Linky is below as usual.

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)  



31 comments:

  1. Morning Di, l cannot believe you haven't used this stamp its gorgeous l would of worn it out by now, me 1st at the playground gates again had to get this card ready as we have the grand daughter staying overnight and we have big plans for Sunday so watch my blog for some amazing news, hope your mangaging to get some free time to yourselves to enjoy Easter with all this writing up you have been doing, take care:)x

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi di! this is so cute; i love the soft colouring and the yellow and greens! thank you for playing along with our oh so cute theme at penny black and more.
    linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di,
    Oh I do love hedgehogs! Didn't you have one in your yard a little off-season? Do they hibernate?

    Happy Easter to you and yours!
    Hugs,
    Kay

    PS Work is crazy. No more visiting during working hours, I'm afraid....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...Di this card is a little cutie...loVe the image...Mel :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a really sweet card Di and perfect for our theme.

    Thanks so much for joining in our Oh so Cute theme at Penny Black and More Challenge and good luck with all the prize draws.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Di

    Another brilliant snippet make from you .. .. love that shade of green!!!

    Plus another brilliant write up!!

    Love the plaque disclosing story .. .. I wonder how long she was in the bathroom LOL!!!

    OK .. .. off to play with my snippets in the hope of being super early this week.

    I know what I am making .. . which always helps LOL!!!

    Have a great Easter Sunday. Your dinner sounds scrummy!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOH Di . . . I love this cute spring card. Totally fab.

    Off to read the roll call now . . . I've got a coffee by my side. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card Di, love the stamp, Penny Black stamps are so sweet. The colour of the ribbon is fantastic too.

    Have a lovely Easter Day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very amusing write up Di, thanks for the giggle.
    Love the card and brilliant that you found those pieces as they do go together so well.
    thanks for joining us at penny black & More @ allsorts this month for the Oh so cute challenge.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Another great roll call Di & fabulous card, it is really cute. Hope you have a fab Easter. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super roll call once again. Your snippet card is super, as ever. Enjoy your Easter/Christmas dinner. We were going to have roast lunch, but mum didn't come over after all, so lunch is now going to be dinner tonight - rib roast beef x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Di, Happy Easter!! Thanks for the lovely comment on my card, I'm glad you like it! Fantastic roll call, i swear they get longer each week! I'm surprised you have time to make any cards!!
    Lovely card too, I love that stamp and the little blush on hedgies cheeks is wonderful with the chalks. I love the beautiful green ribbon too. Another fab make!
    Laura xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Once again a lovely roll call and your card is just great - such a cute image. I would love to have coloured the image on my card last week but regret it came ready coloured.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di, what a sweet card. The paper is beautiful...and your ribbon...oh my....now, who could pass up a big ohhhhhhh when looking at the graphic. We don't have hedge hogs here... :-( Happy Easter, remember...Play ground safety...no running with candy in your mouth!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aww such a sweet card, my Archie cat follows me around like that waiting for chicken bits to drop his way. Have a great Easter, Lyn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Super cute stamp from Penny Black and a lovely card. Thank you for joining in the fun at Penny Black and More @ Allsorts and good luck x Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Evening Di, I've just rushed in after another really busy day to add my snippet card - on Sunday again, it's a miracle :) Lovely card - love the ribbon which is a perfect shade of green. That stamp is just too cute not to use more often. Hope your day has been a good one. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Happy Easter. What a fabulous card, love the cute image and your papers.
    Great write up again and loved the plaque story:)
    I can see the girls have been busy today, going to have to break the egg into smaller pieces to make it go round lol.
    Enjoy your week. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oooo Di! Love that card and love that stamp too! How could you not use it before?
    As for that last sentance.....Hmmmn!
    Can I have a Prefect badge now as I have been around the whole playground?
    I will be checking you out when we meet....looking for blue teeth!! LOL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card, cute image, gorgeous paper and lush bow.
    Yum that turkey sounds good.
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  21. Darling make! I hope you had a wonderful Easter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Morning Di! Great roll call again I don't know how you do it but I love that you do. I loved the plaque story. It gave me the giggles. I remember my girl friend's little boy did the same thing, as she hadn't heard of those tablets at that point it scared her half to death.
    Your card is brilliant. LOVE that gorgeous ribbon and fabulous papers but that image is just to cute. How is spike doing?
    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fabulous card and a great image, great colouring too. Great role call, don't know how you do it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I had a very blustery ride on the swings today and as I left the playground the wind gusted under the umbrella and lifted me up and into the air Mary Poppins style!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Gorgeous card, and Happy Easter - love the little bunny too! Hope you got lots of chocolate x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Those ducks are sooo cute. Just had time to pop in for a few goes on the skipping ropes. Soon be hola hoop time! Off to see me Mum now. Everyone play nicely. I have my iPad with me so I will be watching from behind the bushes.
    p.s. Left some home grown carrots over on the roundabout. Help yourselves. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  27. stunning work Di and a beautiful card
    thank you for joining us at
    that craft place
    erin

    ReplyDelete
  28. Phew it's getting busy in the playground now. Love to go round all the toys, so busy on the roundabout and the swings. Wonder what I can go on next.....!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Sneaking in for another shot on the swings lol. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  30. I made it, just about. Wow, I was not sure if I would get there. OK, who's for hopscotch and then we could have a game of rounders, or a skipping game. Have fun, everyone. xx Maggie #33

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please Miss I'm over in the bushes Miss but I daren't come out. Can you lend me your coat Miss!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.