Saturday 14 April 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge - Number 16

A very quick snippets make from me - the roll call is beckoning to be done:
Another Penny Black Stickeroo to the rescue - believe me, time wasn't on my side! I just spread a couple of sheets of them out and then went rummaging in the snippets folder to see what I could find to match any of them.

I used:

- 6" x 6" white square card stock

- Penny Black Stickeroo from the 'Daydreams' set

- all other card and backing papers came from the snippets folder, which seems to grow rather than decrease in size :(

- sentiment is an Elzybells one, stamped with a Versamark Chalk 'Purple Hydrangea' ink pad

- ribbons are tiny scraps from the ribbon box

- Josy Rose nail heads

Well, it's been wet in the playground this week a lot of the time - I just bet a few playmates got damp trousers and knickers playing on wet swings and slides! My ex-H, as a small child, was given dire warnings about getting his clothes wet on the slide when he was playing in the local park. His Mum got distracted for a few minutes and the next time she saw him, there he was sliding down the slide in the nude! His shorts, underpants and little top had been folded neatly and left in a little pile beside her for safe keeping :)

Onto the roll call. 

Straight off from the starting blocks, Sandra H raced right into the playground with such a lovely Christmas cards, featuring two of the plumpest and fluffiest robins - it's really lovely and to see it just hop over here. Some fabulous embossing, stamping and die cutting - plus the tease of some exciting news as well. All was revealed in a following post - happy days!!

Linby was next with this really elegant card - everything about it is so 'chic' and at one time I would have killed for shoes like that! Some lovely embossing and luscious coffee coloured 'Spotty' ribbon make this such an eye catching card Linby! The note card in the same posting is gorgeous too - lovely perfume bottle!Perhaps for rainy days we should have a dressing up box in the little summerhouse I plan to have installed when I get that flipping duck pond filled in :)

Next was Irene - with two beautiful card here. I love the combination of pinks and greens, one features a beautiful sentiment and lots of pretty embellishments such as flower lace, flower spray, sparkly gems and twine. The other uses a Penny Black Stickeroo just brilliantly!  Again with some really pretty embellishments in just the right proportions - they're both absolutely lovely Irene.

Gilly then arrived with this lovely Easter card for her parents. She says it isn't a traditional Easter card, and perhaps it isn't - but it surely depicts Spring and new beginnings, which is perfect for Easter Gilly! I love the way the die cut flowers perfectly echo the main image of blossom on the card - and just bet your parents loved it too!

We had a few visits from Hazel this week - each time with something very different. First, there was this really stunning black, white and silver Christmas card - it reminded me that I too have some monochrome Christmas goodies in a box so must go hunting for those! Anyone would be delighted to be sent such an elegant and striking card Hazel. Another Christmas card was next, this time very much 'white on white' and some great embossing - and isn't Chilly The Snowman fabulous. I drooled over the stamp - err, and then tracked it down and he's sitting here right beside me, one of the cutest snowman stamps I've ever come across! Then, Hazel brought a Get Well card - and absolutely perfect for this week's weather - really bright and cheerful, I bet a few ducks would have been wishing for umbrellas this week! Next was a great card for a 'chap' - at the time I said I'm still waiting for my knight in shining armour. Think he stopped off en route for some WD40 :( Sigh. To see why 'the knight' hop over here to have a look! And another one for a 'chap' - right here - super image and great backing papers too. And, in a total switch, Hazel then brought a cupcake card, and hands up anyone who doesn't like cupcakes, yummy, and more really pretty snippets used too - so we've had a real variety this week indeed Hazel! Aha, while I was typing this up, Hazel whipped in again with this really fun Christmas card - it's really very clever and made to kick start this week's challenge that Hazel runs. The theme is to make a Christmas card with the theme of a favourite Christmas song or carol - the card Hazel made is 'Jingle Bells' and every bit of it is perfect! And, later on I also spotted a final card from Hazel, following what I think is quite a tricky sketch' plus an inspirational photo - the card is here that Hazel made and it's great! And it really sums up Hazel's week - a real busy bee - do go and take a peek, I love the colours and it's very clever too!

Jules paid us two visits - both with brilliant makes of course! The first card uses sooooo many great snippets here - amazing Jules! Then, having recovered in a darkened room, Jules hopped back again with this stunner of a card - and it was my turn to cry and go for a lie down in a darkened room. Buttonholes actually sewn onto cards, then topped with buttons - how clever is that?! The Sewing Room Sizzix dies used by Jules are just terrific - but then, it takes talent to compose such a fabulous card once the dies have been cut. Need I say more? Go and see what I mean, just terrific Jules!

Dresses, handbags and shoes have featured in the playground a bit this week, and this card by Laura follows the theme beautifully. Perhaps we're thinking about Spring wardrobes? I remember as a child always having a new outfit for Easter Sunday, often complete with a little hat or straw boater - stop sniggering you lot!! Some lovely pinks, blues and splashes of deep red go to make up a really girlie birthday card - and the clever twist is that the main image panel was from a sheet of wrapping paper. Laura's a girl after my own heart, I always browse the wrapping papers when I go shopping - it makes the supermarket run more bearable and I've found some great ones for card making in the past! Super make Laura!

Next was Mary Mac, with a 'never-ending' card - and what a stunning one too! I've made a couple of these in the past but never managed to get such a lovely combination of all the elements, red, white, black, pearls and diamantes - making such a gorgeous end result! You need 'endless' patience to make one of these I know - feel another lie down in a darkened room coming on! Then, yesterday Mary raced back in with this fabulous card. It truly is gorgeous and literally all the colours of the rainbow and so beautifully made. Anyone remember 'Richard Of York Gave Battle In Vain' from schooldays - ROYGBIV - Red, Orange, Yellow, Green, Blue, Indigo, Violet...some things you never forget! I love the way Mary also added dots in those colours to the beautiful butterfly - brilliant card Mary!

Then, something Mary said really made me sit up and wonder - a 'Field Trip'! So, I emailed and bless, Mary has been wondering if we'd like to take a field trip - either virtual or in real life - all the way over to where she lives in California! But, this did set a few emails to and fro between Mary and myself. Then, things took a down turn here so nothing was finally resolved. But, Mary has offered for us to have a virtual trip round her local neighbourhood and craft shop for now. Yes, please Mary! And, I hereby solemnly promise that if I have a big win on the UK Lottery we'll all go for real! OMGosh - imagine all the mad things you lot would get up to! Another lie down needed here right now!!

Elizabeth arrived next for a play - bringing such a pretty Easter Card. The image is one of Beatrix Potter's fabulous illustrations, and just perfect for Easter I think. Who doesn't love bunnies, and Beatrix Potter certainly knew how to draw and paint them. Lots of lovely pink and green snippets make for such a lovely card - with gorgeous butterflies as the perfect finishing touch - beautiful Elizabeth!

Next was Carol, in fact she visited more than once this week too. Firstly with a gorgeous black and white Christmas card which you can see here. What a lovely image too (a La Blanche cherub stamp) and a perfect balance of black and white. Lots of beautiful die cutting and punching as well! Then, Carol's next card was equally fabulous - another Christmas card, very much white on white with another great snowman as the central image. White on white always looks so stunning and this is such a beautiful card Carol! I'm going to have this a go on more cards for sure.

Aw, what a cutie Sarn brought to show us next - the most adorable baby card, using one of my favourite LOTV baby images. A lot of white here too with some terrific embossing, perfect with the background papers used Sarn! I did grin, someone had the audacity to have a baby girl, when Sarn only had cards ready for baby boys - and they sure did us a favour. Do hop over here to see the lovely result! As always, such a neat card from Sarn - well done my friend!

Tammy visited three times this week - the first time bringing this lovely card to show. Everything about it is beautiful, doily, lace, flowers, buttons (of course!) plus using a great technique which I love. Basically you ink up an embossing folder (I do this on the side which has the indentations on) and then run it through your die cutting/embossing machine. The embossed impression then picks up the ink and it looks fabulous. Next, Tammy brought a really fun cupcake card, complete with some lovely bunting as well. So pretty Tammy and a perfect reflection of the photo you followed for inspiration! Tammy's next card is here, and it's another one using the embossing technique! I always read how people make their cards really carefully when doing the roll call and it's amazing what you pick up - so a picture isn't always 'worth a thousand words'! Do go and see the lovely combination of pink, white and green that Tammy used. It really is a 'strawberries and cream' card! Beautiful Tammy - and I know what you mean about snippets/scraps multiplying a bit like laundry!! :)

Next was Liz, with a perfect Forever Friends Bear card - it's another stamp I have and love! The colour combination of brown and pale green with a splash of orange really makes for a terrific card! And the little die cut flowers are a perfect finishing touch - why do others always seem to have much nicer dies and punches than me? Or am I just a greedy little pig? Anyhow, the end result is really lovely Liz - so girls, do hop over for a look! 

My very droll chum Kath was next to arrive, with a really elegant card, made following last week's Less Is More Challenge - to use three greens or three shades of green. Wow, and what a beauty of a card too! So delicate and a winner in my eyes. Kath has an aversion to the word 'stash', it isn't a favourite word of mine either but I can't think of anything better to be honest but Kath refers to hers now as 'ancient collection'. Ha, what about 'booty' as a descriptive term - hops over to look at definition........................right, I'm baaaack......... Booty is:

  1. Valuable stolen goods, esp. those seized in war.
  2. A person's buttocks.
OK, let's forget that particular bright idea!!!

Then, Sally called by with a posting of two cards, only the second one is for the playground I think - but the first one is gorgeous too! The snippets card is so serene - with lovely scene featuring a beautiful swan gliding along plus a lovely dragonfly made using 'Fantasy Film' - another new one on me! The iridescence is just stunning and so realistic on the dragonfly - do go and see for yourselves! I think the main image was made using several stamps, something else I want to try sometime!

Next into the playground was Karen T, with this really pretty card . A sweet little Magnolia girl holding a flower (Tilda I think?) and such gorgeous backgrounds using snippets and lots of lovely die cutting and punching. The finishing touch is a really lovely sentiment - all so well co-ordinated Karen, I love it and the colouring is perfectly done! The pink, lemon and turquoise go so well together too. Pleased to see you coming to play and that the little horrors didn't make you run away and hide!

Lynne made me laugh, she brought a long rope for skipping with her! I wonder how many of us remember the hours spent lining up for a turn - and, if I remember rightly, when you tripped or didn't skip the rope properly it was your turn to go and grab an end of the rope until someone else made a mistake and relieved you? Happy days! Anyhow, Lynne's make is here, and it's actually a selection of cards made for fund raising. They're all beautiful, really elegant too, and feature hand rolled flowers and some gorgeous backing 'snippets'. A little update on Ruby, her operation had to be postponed as she had a low red blood count and then was running a temperature. So girls, you still have to keep those fingers crossed!

Next was Heidi, with such a bright and happy card, featuring a humming bird by Ching Chou Kuik. I love all Ching Chou Kuik's images, and hadn't seen this one before - it's lovely. Fabulous image and such lovely vibrant backing papers and elements Heidi. Some lovely punching and die cutting, ribbon and beautiful gems make this into a gorgeous card. I think I have those free papers and chipboard shapes lurking in my 'must use' basket here - they really work so well - great make Heidi.

Sam brought a really vibrant card this week - a real stunner which you can see here.  It was made for her friend Mandy who loves the colour purple, and what an eye catcher this is - beautiful shades of purple and mustard, what a lovely combination. Then chipboard butterflies to really make it pop even more plus a really pretty flower - yup, I've had a jolly good nose, and so should you as it's really is great! Did you know that Sam has the most wonderful wellies with chickens on? Well, she sure has found them useful this past week I suspect!

While I was watching TV yesterday evening and knitting for the 'Fish and Chip' babies, Maggie nipped in with two lovely cards - very clean and crisp with the floral images being the focal point - two of my favourite flowers too, cornflowers and poppies. Beautifully coloured Maggie and so glad you managed to dash in for a quick play this week :)

Mr Linky is below as usual. Hope you have a great week, and that the sun comes out to play a bit - it's been pretty wet in the playground! It's just about midnight so I'm going to hit publish and hop into bed - see you in the playground I hope!

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)  

28 comments:

  1. Hi Di, Well it looks like l have got in first for the Second time l wonder what Mrs A will think of me now do we have a Skeleton Key ?!! .........lol No key just getting ahead of my self before the little one arrives so we can spend lots of time with our little princess!! great write up again Di your fingers must be aching from all this typing up you have so much to do and l suppose the more that do enter the more work for you too anyway its lovely to see what you write about us all and l'm sure l can speak for all its very much appreciated so thank you, Your cards another stunner l love the colours you have used on the back grounds and sentiment also the Stickeroos are fabulous too,have a lovely day:) Sandra H XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fab card Di and wow what a roll call. Better get my skates on and finish my card so I can enter . Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Di. Those Stickeroos sure are pretty. I'm afraid to even look for them here, don't think my pocket book could stand it. Thanks for the F11 tip AGAIN maybe it'll stick in this block head one day. :)
    Hope you are feeling better Sweetie
    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Some fab snippets from everyone.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good Morning Miss Di

    Gosh the playground is becoming one fabby place to visit!!

    Well done on rounding us all up and keeping us entertained.

    I looked at your snippet make first and was scratching my head trying to work out how you had achieved such a great look .. .. "then" read it was a stickeroo!! Doh!!

    Dunces hat in the corner of the playground for me today!!!

    Catch you later with my creation.

    Have a good Sunday.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Miss . . . your card is so pretty. Those PB Stickeroos have certainly come in handy!

    Thanks for a terrific roll call again. Now go rest your tired little fingers and nip to the staff room for a cuppa! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab roll call again ..... it must feel like the end of term reports every week, but they give us all an immense amount of pleasure reading all about our happenings. Uh ho ..... here come the OFSTED inspectors ...... (later) woohoo you got an OUTSTANDING!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant Di, those stickeroos are so handy for the quickies, means you can get to put your feet up with the tea and biccies in the staff room super fast this week.
    hugs heidix

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Di

    Another stunning card with a fabulous stickeroo - I love the colours and image.

    Thank you for all of your hard work in the snippet write up - I love to read it.

    Off now for a turn on the swings to clear my HEAD.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!! Love those slides as they are soooo long!!
    Decided to be a bit of an early bird this week just to keep you on your toes. Bwarrrrk Bwarrrk!!
    Love the nudey story!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooops! Sorry Miss! Forgot to pass comment on your card. Very lovely Miss. Easy to please me with a purple card. Did you know I like purple by any chance?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Di, gorgeous card - what would we do without Stickeroos, they're brilliant. I'm not sure I will ever pick up knitting needles again - these hands of mine are bad enough but add to that the tennis elbows and I think knitting would be just a step too far. Those cute little Fish and Chip baby jumpers did tempt me for a nano second though! However, the crochet is going well, although I do have to pace myself and not go at it gung ho :) As you can knit, I'm sure you would pick up crochet easily enough - I hope you'll give it a try sometime. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yes please Di, I promise not to squeeze the cartons as I hand them out. lol. xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Di, fabulous roll call as always. Nearly forgot to link my snippets today....
    Love your snippet make the colours are gorgeous.
    Will stop by later for a good look. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am glad to hear that you got such a deservedly good report from the OFSTED team. I should think so too. You must spend ages on your lovely reports. See you later this week, I hope. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  16. What lovely write ups you do of us all. It must take you simply ages to do each weekend. I love the Stickeroos, not been into the purse to get any yet. Love the colour scheme too. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  17. What a lovely card.
    Bags I get to play with the dressing up box!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. A gorgeous card. Not sure what a Stickeroo is, will go and investigate. I have given up on my scrap folder, and accepted that it is now a scrap drawer - I mainly use scraps, but they still keep growing! Off to have a go on the swings - used to love them as a child. Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've one word for you ... Stickeroos! I've used loads of them in this card and not a few snippets too. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Di, thought l would give Snippets another go have a great day Just loved what Mrs A wrote........lol:)x

    ReplyDelete
  21. oH i REALLY LOVE THIS ONE. oOPS CAPS LOCK LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Do you sleep? My goodness, your write up is wonderful and I'll bet there were several cups of tea that went into that one. You always have wonderful things to say. So, what can I say about your lovely card. It may have been a quick one, but no one needs to know. It's a beauty. Have a wonderful week....If I see you on the swings....I'll give you a good push....we call a great push an under duck....is that what you call them? It's when I give you a great push, and I run under the swing while you are swinging high.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Woohoo, my first trip to the playground xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. The playground is getting popular! And you're a STAR for doing this, I love all your posts, but the Snippets posts are really special. Thanks for your hard work!

    love Mags B x

    PS I may have entered the same card twice by mistake! Sorry!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Sorry Miss for being late (again) but I have a note from me mum lol.
    Fabulous snippet make from you as always Di. Great roll call, thanks for the mention for Ruby. We`re not sure what is happening just yet so I`m not tempting fate by saying anything on my blog, I will post as soon as I know.
    Another good crowd in the playground this week too. I`m going to have fun.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Got me needle snd thread with me this week Miss just in case anybody's knicker elastic goes. (not that I have that problem).
    These Stickeroo thingy bobs look grand. I'm all for saving time.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Di, finally got my snippet card done for this week and skipped along as soon as possible to the playground. Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete
  28. one last go on the swings for me. heidi x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.