Saturday 9 June 2012

Pixies Crafty Snippets Challenge - 24

Crumbs, so much going on here I don't know if I'm coming or going right now. Then, another birthday crept up on me - so at least that was this week's snippets card sorted out:
Must confess. the backing paper was straight from a paper stack but the other paper and the backing card came from the snippets folder.

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- image is one of LOTV's Cute Squares, it came already coloured
- gingham effect backing paper from Serif's 'Picnic in the Park' paper stack - one of my all time favourite stacks

- plain green card and leafy patterned green paper from the snippets folder - I know it's a piece originally from First Edition's 'Bird Song' paper pad - another gorgeous set

- sentiment by Craftwork Cards, layered onto a green oval punched with SU's oval punch

- twine, fish charm and Josy Rose nail heads all came from my store of goodies

So, my snippets offering was made in a rush and sort of 'loosely' uses snippets. But hey, that's OK, a lot or a few is just fine! Smiling here, the fish charm is (accidentally I admit) positioned right underneath the fishing line - swim away little fish!

I'm adding this into Digi Doodles Shop Current Challenge which is  a card for a male.

Right, roll call time now.

First into the playground this week was Sandra H, jumping for joy at being first, with this lovely Christmas card. It seems to sum up the wonder of children in the build up to Christmas I think, and the decoupage is such a great touch to bring the children into the foreground. Thanks for a little trip down Memory Lane Sandra :)

Next was Carol, bringing a Christmas card as well - so elegant Carol, love the holly patterned paper and the sentiment is a gorgeous focus point. I did grin, this cold and miserable weather does seem to have us thinking about Christmas already. Carol was wearing her Winter woollies and skipping - no diving into the paddling pool to swim a few laps this week :)

Sam was next, with a fabulous layout featuring hubby Simon. Love the bunting and wording Sam - one to treasure (alongside your hubby of course!). And, I omitted to include a terrific canvas when I was writing the roll call, what seems like a lifetime ago, in Spain and struggling with slow (as in crawling!) internet speeds.  So, here it is - better late than never - and it really is the most wonderful creation - fabulous flowers and such beautifully made bees. No wonder it now has pride of place in the porch Sam! And Sam nipped in, after me encouraging her, with this totally amazing project. The layout uses loads of recycled things, and is so full of delicious detail you really should go and see for yourself. I'd never have thought to make flowers from a coke can - and although not strictly snippets from the snippets drawer or folder I really thought you should see how something fantastic can be made from things we might not think twice about discarding. Yup, just amazing Sam. Excuse me while I go and rummage in our recycling bin!

Our Sarn came to play twice this week, having not managed to come and play last week. Firstly with such an amusing card, featuring - go on, guess - a chicken :) Beautiful colours and colouring Sarn, as always so fresh and clean looking - I really love it and am rapidly finding that mauves/purples come a close second to pink in my list of favourite colours. Next was this beauty, made using duster brushes for the background and lots of gorgeous SU products too. Love the way you just 'dusted' one side Sarn leaving the other plain for the sentiment.

I felt bad that I'd managed to miss Irene nipping in with this fabulous card. It's just stunning and I love the way you coloured the stamp with marker pens, it works brilliantly Irene! So elegant, and I do love the little gem above the 'i' on the sentiment - pulls it together perfectly- and the lines you embossed just add that really classy finishing touch.

Sally was next with a lovely seaside card, using a Michael Powell stamp to perfection. The finishing touch of the raffia and a shell is just so appropriate. I love these Michael Powell stamps, oh dear, more wish list additions - it's as long as my arm :( While you're over at Sally's, do take a peek at the card in the same posting, not made using snippets, but it's also fantastic! And, if you want proof that talent does indeed run in the family - nip over to Sally's daughter Meg's new blog here. Amazing!

Then, Bernie paid us a visit with not one, but three beautiful snippets makes in one go! If you want to see some real stunners, and ways to use up the tiniest of snippets as well as some fabulous SU birdies don't miss going over to Bernie's for a peek and to read her funny post. I almost spat coffee over the keyboard here - the term 'fanny' has a different meaning in the US to the UK Bernie, it means your 'buttocks' in the US, but not so in the UK :)

That reminds me of one of Mike Harding's stories about his travels in America and the differences in our use of language. To the uninitiated, he's a Yorkshire comedian who really makes me laugh with his dry, Northern humour. In one guest house in the US he was hanging round while the landlady made dinner. Wanting to help out he asked if he could 'lay the kitchen table' (in the UK and US of course it also means to 'set' the table for a meal). Apparently the landlady moaned 'Mind the knife drawer' before fainting clean away in shock. :))

Amanda hopped in next, hopefully not hopping any longer after that nasty accident? What a cute card too, as a thank you for hubby diving in to the rescue and even doing some baking as well. Do you hire him out Amanda? Anyhow, the card - little red ants working away, beautifully coloured, and some fantastic wainscoting made for the background. I love this card - really made me smile Amanda :)

Linby came to show this super card - great sentiment (which makes me about 5 in the UK, or 38 on the Continent, think I'll stick with the UK thanks). A super, fun card and I love how you used the positives and negatives - great touch Linby, and another lovely way to use up snippets. The colouring of the shoes goes perfectly with the spotty backing paper too!

Next was Elizabeth with a card beautifully matching the image, a lovely flower, card candi and papers. Love the way the cat is sort of glancing over its shoulder as if to say 'You talking to ME?'. Lots of detail to be seen so do hop over and take a peek - Elizabeth is off on holiday soon so won't be in the playground for a couple of weeks. It's OK to say this as her WOYWW posting mentions that's she's 'hitting the road' - have a great time Elizabeth!

Mary Mac hopped in next, to say 'hi' and also to mention our Queen's Jubilee celebrations - thank you Mary. We were celebrating so much I think someone stole a couple of days as I missed commenting immediately on a few snippets entries and am only finding them as I write the roll call right now - sorry girls!
Mary also brought a darling card, which you can see here, using snippets sent by Sarn. It's so good to see you girls playing nicely and also sharing your goodies. I love the punched SU bird and the flowers on the branch, which goes so well with the delicious backing papers - and the beautifully decorated inside too. Sigh.

Next was Rach, having a busy week and this is what she brought first. A brilliant card Rach, totally embracing the Jubilee and using some images from a supermarket's free magazine (very enterprising Rach), and with the inside also decorated (double sigh here). It was also Rach's first venture into the fun of WOYWW! Then, still on a roll, we had a second visit with a perfect card, also for the Less Is More challenge which was to use red, white and blue. Fabulous butterfly and sentiment Rach - you cracked it with this little beauty!

Mary H literally 'hopped' in next - with a great Father's Day card featuring such a cute Penny Black frog image. Just great Mary and I love the fabulous colouring too. The water truly does seem to shimmer and I smiled here at the way the frog seems to be eyeballing the little snail on the lily pad :) Apologies for not commenting and sorting out Mr Linky earlier Mary, the Jubilee has a lot to answer for.

Also in Jubilee mode was Hazel, fresh from her holiday on the South Coast here. It's been very quiet without Hazel hopping in regularly with her cards - but she more than made up for it with this beauty! Great stamping and of course the Portobello papers are just perfect for the Jubilee. It's great that we also have the Olympics coming up to extend the use of these super papers Hazel. Welcome back!

Next was a new little face in the playground - so make sure you share your sweets with Victoria please. And what an entrance - plus a second visit as well :) To see Victoria's first cards, yup two of them, do hop over to here. I love both of them, the hearts are great although the clever little pile of parcels, tied with twine is one that any of you without punches and dies (as IF!!) could take inspiration from. Next, and just before the gates closed at noon, Victoria returned - which I think means she likes us and no-one nipped or did any hair pulling - and yet another really clever use of snippets. Great idea to punch circles and fold them to add dimension Victoria - brilliant card and the DL base is just perfect! So girls, why not hop over to say 'Hi' to your newest playmate?

OK girls, that's this week's roll call - hands up who's been missing our Jules - me, me, me!! Come back soon please :)

As I've said previously, am off to a school reunion (steer clear of Farnborough this weekend if you're wise) and will be without internet access. Will be home briefly on Tuesday afternoon and Wednesday before whizzing up to Newcastle for my step-mum's 80th birthday. It's literally a day's flying visit so I'll try to catch up a bit before I go with commenting on your blogs. If you do link wrongly into Mr Linky, don't be afraid to add a second correct link - I can always tidy up Mr Linky when I'm back online :) 

Mr Linky is below as usual and the playground will close at noon on Saturday 16th June. Hope you have a great week and please do remember to follow the conditions below.

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)   

26 comments:

  1. Lovely snippet card Di, really like the fishing image.

    Great roll-call as ever :)

    Welcome Vicky to the playground, its a wonderful place full of very kind people!

    Enjoy your reunion Di, see you when you get back. Looking forward to all the tales you'll have!

    Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the reunion and the family get together. Fab fishing card. Super roll call - not sure how you managed it with everything going on. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Di! Love that adorable image, great color combo and wonderful papers.
    OMG I had no idea what people were on about, finally goggled fanny in the UK and nearly fell over from shock. Do we really speak the same language? Reminds me of a doctor I worked with from Wales. She said to another doctor she would “Knock him up at 7” poor guy nearly fell over too. To knocked someone up means to get them pregnant here.
    Hope you have a wonderful reunion.
    Love & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di! Thanks for coming to visit me and joining! I've linked my card today. Please let me know if I don't meet the guidelines. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sweet card. I adore the little fella's hat...oh, is he ever having fun. Hope he makes a big catch. The colors are just perfect for a little fisherman. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great roll call and a fabulous card to go with it, I have used this image loads of times and still love it.

    Kath x
    Have a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great snippets card Di. I love these LOTV images.

    Great roll call, as ever.

    Hugs,
    SaRn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Di

    Fantastic report on the snippet usage of the week.

    I feel like I have been away for ever and am so pleased to be back in circulation!

    Good to see everyone has been super busy in my absence.

    Will be back later once I have rummaged through my snippets.

    I hope you are having a great weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. As always wonderful card, your roll call is always a good read. Have a wonderful reunion and trust me....we will be good! If we happen to be locked on the wrong side of the gate...it's a total accident! :-0

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Di, Great read again you must of stayed up all night getting it ready your comments are so inspiring as is your card thank you, love this image of the little boy fishing looks so content!! it's nice to have some images already coloured l have some from LOTV and if they seem a little faded l go over them, great layout and lovely embellis l see there where did your fish them out......lol have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card, absolutely love the colours used, great male themed card, thanks for joining challenge at Digi doodles shop, hope to see you again soon, Gaynor DT xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the colors of this card. Oh Snippet Queen, do answer a burning question for me. If I pull out an entire sheet of paper for a project but end up not using it and it is still on my desk later, is it a snippet or not? The fate of the free world hinges on your answer....!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Aha I've found it :). Sorry I've not been allowed to play out for a while, I lost my mojo in a major way :(. But I'm back with a little offering, hopefully the first of many more to come :).

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hope you enjoy your visit to Newcastle. Love your card, a cute image. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello everyone, long time no play. I have bought a couple of little monkeys with me to add to the fun. lol. Hugs Heidi.
    Ps, I love those LOTV die cuts too Di, so useful when you need a quick card. This one is perfect with your snippets. xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thankyou Miss for tying me shed roof down. The guttering came off instead and made a nice deluge outside the back door. Who turned the tap on in the sky and left it running then!! The garden looks like a hurricnae has been through it. Thinks I might just skuttle back to whence I came. Hope you enjoyed your renunion and have fun at the birthday bash. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adorable card...that image is too cute. Thanks for playing along with us at Digi Doodle Shop!

    xx Star

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm back again....this is becoming quite a habit, but a very good one. I think I'll have a bit of a swing and then get busy cleaning up my mess from yesterday...Have a most wonderful week.

    ReplyDelete
  19. It's me again. I can't help myslef! Trying to build up my "fix" to carry me through to July....I think I will go clean house...Oh ya... that's what I said earlier.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hurrah! I've made it back to the playground. Thanks to all my new playmates I feel really at home! I love the little fish charm, absolutely perfect for a fishing card!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love those LOTV images, just waiting for their next sale! Nice to be back in the playground, off to splash in the puddles!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  22. I love that image! He looks so calm and peaceful, just sitting quietly on the riverbank! Your papers are just fab, they suit the riverbank scene so well with the brown and green!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wait 'til you see what I have done now! Hope you like!
    I have a visitor tomorrow so I may not get to post Friday!! Oops!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Fingers crossed I've done it right this time Di...!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Back again....I can't believe how addictive this punch is. Di, this color is for you!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.