Sunday 12 August 2012

Pixie's Crafty Snippets Challenge - 33

Wow, Week 33 already - and a real marathon roll call to write I think.

First of all, as usual, here's my Snippets card:
I sat here smiling as I made this card thinking of all the funny antics you lot get up to - so the sentiment is just for you, my lovely little Snippets Playmates :)

I used:

- 5" x 7" white card stock

- image is by Funstamps called 'Puddle Duck', die cut and coloured with Pro Markers and the umbrella was paper pieced

- dark blue backing paper and the die cut scalloped oval were done using snippets

- sentiment by Penny Black called 'Quack me up!', stamped using SU's 'Pumpkin Pie' ink pad

- snippet of orange gingham ribbon from the ribbon box - I now have 6" of it left, which will be stored away - just in case :)

I did grin at the cries of 'We thought you'd have more than that' when I showed my snippets folder last week. Nope, not much more really - some 12" lengths are stored elsewhere and most of the Christmas snippets are tucked inside their relevant paper packs. No Olympic records from me for snippet hoarding I'm afraid - I do hoard the tiniest pieces though, even cream and white, so all I can say is that I need to do some catching up.

OK, roll call time now - and it's mahoosive, that'll larn me to go off enjoying myself!

First into the playground, and certainly going for Gold this week with 20 entries so far was Hazel. Crumbs, where to begin? Hazel's first card was one for her own challenge blog which is to make Christmas cards, and this cutie is based on 'Tie a Ribbon' - I'm quite upset that I missed that challenge as me loves my ribbons :) Next was such a lovely Christmas card, one of my favourite Christmas images, then this yummy cupcake card (love the aqua and chocolate colours together!), then a delightful card using one of Penny Black's bestest stamps (in my opinion) called 'Sparklers' - super colours Hazel. Next was such a gorgeous sea scene, and it's a technique you might want to try girlies, then  a card using an acrylic block to make the background - this is such fun to do as well,  and then another sea scene with a lovely ethereal mermaid (snort, that's my big word for today!!). After this came a super little ice cream card, then another yummy cupcake card - I left a huge lick mark on that one,  AND another ice cream card - thank goodness they weren't all real! Anyone thinking that maybe Hazel has a sweet tooth here? Then, appetite satisfied. Hazel showed her lovely entry for Less Is More which was a sketch - love the pink, white and black - Carol Singers came knocking at the door next, lovely traditional card too, followed by a card that I spotted late one night and just had to rush for a glass of water - it's called 'When Life Gives You Lemons'.  Hazel's next card is a stunner - using a lovely KanBan image, Christmas again and such vibrant colours, love it Hazel! This was followed by such an elegant card, which you can see here. Lovely combination of white, pretty blue and black Hazel, bad girl though 'cos I then realised I neeeeeded a Swiss dots embossing folder, the one I have is just a little freebie one. And of course, it would have been a waste of postage without dropping just a few more things into the shopping cart :) I totally adore Hazel's next card, it's so pretty with lots of lovely layers and embellishments, then what a laugh at this card - talk about a funky chick :), followed by two sweet kitty cards which are here and here.  I had to make a dash and close the gates on Saturday morning as entries were still flowing in - but not before Hazel hopped in bright and early with this super Christmas card. And I just KNEW it, the theme over at Hazel's Christmas card challenge this week is, wait for it, Christmas Food and Drink! Told you someone has a sweet tooth :)

Irene was second to arrive in the playground with a really elegant card, so beautifully thought out and such lovely colours. To see it do go here - and this was the first card of the week to kick start my sudden need for a Swiss dots folder :) Every detail is lovely - right down to a little pearl heart on the butterfly. Great as always Irene!

Jules, loyal as ever, found time to visit twice this fortnight - despite the current load of wedding orders. Quick heads up too - Jules is in this coming month's Quick Cards Made Easy magazine again :) As always, Jules' cards are delightful - the first little trip brought us two - a gorgeous marigold coloured card, plus a Christmas snowman - which you can see here. As I'm sure you know, Jules always has a heart somewhere on every card she makes - and, if you haven't already hopped over to look, the snowman card is quite a sneaky one :) Then, exactly a week later - back came Jules with  a wonderfully fresh card, white, pale green and a touch of black. And that too had us asking questions - how are those fabby flowers made? You can see just how here.

Next was Elizabeth, bringing two beautiful cards. The first one is like a step back in time featuring an old fashioned gramophone plus a terrific tip on how to elongate a 'label punch' - one I need to try out to see just how it works, looks great Elizabeth! And the second card uses some pretty wrapping paper (I've seen that too Elizabeth!) plus a fabulous embossed rose - both gorgeous cards!

Sandra H was next, with this beautiful black and white card for the Less is More sketch challenge. Love the backing papers Sandra and so clever to use the Martha Stewart vine punch - it works so well. Plus, the scoring is a perfect touch to divide the papers as well as rounding the corners of the card - something I often forget about.

Next was the Playground Scallywag, although I haven't heard Sam revving her go-kart for a while - which worries me a bit 'cos it usually means she's plotting something :) But, who couldn't fail to be enchanted by Miss Catriona - so beautifully made and all dressed in paper and lace. Absolutely adorable - I had visions of Sam holding her high in the air away from sticky enquiring fingers in the Playground :) You must go and check her out, so much delightful detail. Next, Sam brought this lovely card, love the furry willow Sam, a super result. Then, a great layout with such an enterprising story behind it - the things we Brits will do for a Sunday morning bacon breakfast :) And finally, two absolutely darling little Christmas trees - yup, I did say Christmas trees - you can see them here, they won't shed their needles and are just perfect decorations for the Festive Frivolities. What say we get Sam started on an eight foot high one for the Playground - snort :)

A little aside here, Sam came in the top three over at Simon Says Stamp with this fabulous canvas - well done Sam. All the sweeter (pun intended) as I know you often enter Simon Says Stamp's challenges. Anyone for honey on toast?

Rach nipped in next, bringing the most scrummy looking chocolate biscuits, plus this lovely card. Isn't it great, an unusual shape which works so well with the pretty SU papers and those lovely butterflies. Rach kindly added a link so you can see how she made the card - in fact I know a lot of you lovelies do add links (Sam did for some of her makes this week, as well as others of you) and it just spreads the word and pushes our boundaries. Talking of boundaries, I'm typing away here and still have 30 more Playground 'show and tell offerings' to cover. Tappitty, tap, tap :)

And I had to laugh, remember how I muddled up out August Bank Holiday last weekend? Well, someone did similar and raced through dinner, ran to the TV and set themselves up to watch the Olympics closing Ceremony - on Friday evening :) Even to the point of thinking 'Why are athletes still competing - get off that track, we neeeed it NOW for the ceremony'. See, it isn't just an age thing, is it Rach :)

Tara came to play next, and she brought a card made for friends who recently had a beach wedding in the Caribbean - and it's so appropriate. Sea, sand and surf and just two lovely pairs of flip flops on the shore - absolutely perfect Tara and I bet they were delighted with the card - so well thought out! Lovely colours too - so tropical :)

Next was Darnell, with three beautiful cards - all in coffee and cream colours. What a lovely colour combination Darnell. The first card uses such a beautiful feather charm, perfect for a 'Just a note' card and the other two are real teatime cards. And I do agree Darnell that the coffee beans looks like Oreos - and I must be one of the only people around who's never tasted one of those bikkies :)

Victoria came to play twice and this is the first card - a perfect Diamond Wedding Anniversary card. As you say Victoria, it's really balanced for both a lady and a gentleman too - love the diamond 60! Victoria's next card really is a 'Walk with Nature' - everything you'd expect in the English countryside, flowers, birds and butterflies - the lace is a clever addition along with the antique brad too - love it!

Shaz in Oz was next, hi Shaz, nice to see you! And such a perfect Poppy Card and using Swiss Dots embossing too -yay, my Swiss Dots folder arrived in the post as I was busy typing this roll call! Do go and take a look, the poppies are so beautifully coloured then layered onto a lovely mix of white and red card, with a touch of green. Lovely combination too Shaz. Oh, and while you're there girls, you might want to look at the next day's post which is WOYWW and a lot of great craft room re-organisation has been going on over at 'Chez Shaz'.

Tammy followed,and we had three visits in total. This was what Tammy brought to show first time round - a glorious card in pinks and shades of brown. I do love the burlap that I'm seeing a lot of - and how clever to cut it into a heart shape Tammy.  Then, there was a stunner of a card, with a joyous flower made using ribbons and buttons in such happy colours - brilliant Tammy!  And lastly, a fabby Pirate card - just perfect for a little chap and there's even a little treasure map inside - do go and see if you're looking for Pirate card inspiration! Good to see you playing Tammy, I know life is busy for you right now.

Next was Amanda, with two little trips to play on the swings. And, what an achievement - Amanda's hubby had been helping in the craft room :) This was the lovely result too -  super embossing and I love the bottle cap Amanda. What was an equally good result was that hubby suggested more goodies for Amanda to buy - yay, well done on a very clever strategy :) Then we did a fast-forward to Christmas with this cute Santa card - great image and clever to emboss the top half like snow with big flakes on the bottom half. Super venture into white backgrounds and I do love the Santa image, lovely ruddy cheeks there Amanda.

Sarn was next, she who sent an email on Friday with the title of 'expletive deleted' just saying 'Have you seeeeeen the number of entries in the Playground' :) Anyhow, Sarn's first trip was to show this totally stunning flower card - wow, I love it Sarn, so bright yet classy too! Then, with a return visit, we had three more stunning flower cards. Do take a look, it's so hard to choose a favourite but I think, for me, the very last one wins by a whisker.........or should that be by a sepal? Love the'inky splatters' on the last one - especially the way they run over the flower itself Sarn. Clever you!

Next was Brenda B, with the cutest of images - which works perfectly for a card for a chap due to the lovely bold papers. And, the sun immediately caught my eye - what a flipping clever idea Brenda to die cut a spiral and use it for the sun instead of rolling it into a flower - how cool is that for an idea then?! You girls never cease to amaze me with your inventiveness :)

Gilly broke away from watching the Olympics to quickly dash in with this card - so fresh and CAS Gilly, I love the little bee and that lovely sentiment - perfect! Err, ahem though, I've just been plodding back through your blog and as yet can't see those extra wedding photos we're still waiting for - as Victoria said so aptly during the week - we're 'sticky beaks', so we'd love to see them please :) Love that expression!!

We had two visits from Mags B - firstly with a Christmas card using my all time favourite LOTV stamp - how I love those little dingly, dangly legs :) Lovely colouring and papers Mags, a beautiful all round card - but that little Angel Gabriel is the star of the show every time, I can't help but smile..........so, so cute!!  And then, Mags skipped back for another visit with two fabulous Christmas cards, in greens and blues - I especially love the 'Three Kings' silhouette one Mags, although they're both gorgeous cards.

Laura also came to play twice this week - firstly with a delightful little set of six Christmas cards, super trees, all different and I do love the olive green you used Laura - it works so well. Harrumph, but there's a secret in the offing - Laura's not telling but I'm wondering if it's a fabulous holiday to celebrate the end of Uni. - or maybe something else :) Answers on a postcard please. Aw, and then we have this cute Get Well card - how adorable is that LOTV bunny huh?! Love the colours Laura - and remember, next time you come to play we might all sit on you to extract that burning secret you've been planning!

Next was Lindsey and she brought this to show - a really cheerful white, red and green card, perfectly designed and there's a fabulous finishing touch too. Do please go and see for yourselves - such a clever idea to use the offcuts after punching a scalloped edge Lindsey. Great result. And I see that Lindsey hasn't got a ton of followers - but the cards she produces are worthy of following believe me!

Linby (Lynn) came to play next with a very clever idea - you can see the lovely card right here. Love the embossed background Lynn, which I wrongly thought was Bird Song and I soon realised it's called Birds and Swirls  (I really ought to write the names on my folders here in indelible ink someday).........but the really neat trick is the butterflies - punched from a Cath Kidston magazine! You can imagine how pretty they are :)

Mary H was next to visit - and it was good to see her managing to do some crafting again after the long haul of an Achilles tendon repair op. (ouch!). It's a gorgeous Thank You card for a friend who took time out to visit Mary and I know it was such a lift - hope you continue to progress well Mary, we send you our love and get well wishes. I know some of you have already been over to say 'Hello', but it's been a long haul for Mary and I'm sure you'd brighten her day if you called in too, please.

Aw, Lynne came to play next and brought such a beautiful butterfly card with her. I couldn't believe the pieces were the leftovers from using a die - truly dual purpose Lynne and thank you for your kind words, great to see you re- using that butterfly ribbon too. The punched butterflies are just perfect too. Little Ruby recently turned three and is quite a bright little lady by all accounts - she's also doing well I hope Lynne?

And, last but never least, Mary Mac nipped in to say hello and to show a lovely card, using butterfly paper (butterflies are truly the 'thing' right now), a delightful flower and burlap - which is also 'so on trend' - snort, get me :) I have no idea where you find burlap but it's a great finishing touch to cards. Woah there, I just Googled it and of course, it can be found in many places - grin, not least underneath chairs as it's a hessian fabric. I wonder..................? :) Great card Mary - I'll get Len to blame you if he finds I've been hunting underneath the chairs here snipping bits of hessian off!

Phew, that's the roll call all done - whoop, whoop!! I'm sorry I slammed the gated shut this morning a bit earlier than planned but I knew this was a marathon roll call and needed to press on with it.

So, what's next - ah yes, the Pro Marker draw. And..........drum roll, the winner is:

VICTORIA

Although I'd love for everyone to win, it's nice that Len drew Victoria's name, she's been a bit down this week and perhaps this will give her a little lift. Well done Victoria, can you email your snail mail address please to:

di_wray@hotmail.com and both sets will be in the post to you ASAP after the weekend.

Have a great week, keep using those snippets - the playground is open for just the week and will close on Saturday 18th August at noon UK time.

Mr Linky is below as usual.

Di
x

The only conditions to playing nicely in the Snippet Playground are that your card (or anything else you wish to bring here to show) must be made by using up snippets (card, paper, lace and ribbon are all fine), and a link back to here in your own blog posting will mean that you'll be included in the Weekly Roll Call. Oh, and no nipping or hair pulling of course :)

25 comments:

  1. And the Gold Medal goes to Di, Playground Supervisor, for her fantastic Olympic Roll Call!
    Fabulous Darling and not sure if I could make an 8' Christmas Tree using only snippets and a foam brush handle!! I may have to cut into a f-f-f-f-f-f-fresh sheet! Tricky to say that!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Di, you're a STAR! The roll call is a high point in my week, thanks for all your hard work!

    What a totally cute card, too, I love the little duckie and the sentiment is such fun!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant, brilliant card Di, and definately a super gold medal for your work in the snippet challange.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've come to comment on your card first, before I read the roll call. I love the cute duck!

    You quack me up all the time Honey xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yep - you deserve a gold medal for that roll call Di!

    Congratulations to Victoria on her win.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You certainly do deserve a gold medal, Di, for such a marathon - I don't know how you do it. Lol! at me having a sweet tooth - not true really, unless you're talking about dark chocolate ... mmmm. Glad I influenced you to get a dotty embossing folder (and a few other bits). Love your snippet card - I have that stamp and love it. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm just quackers over your card! Sorry the icecream melted all over me smalls. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Quacking card Di :) and am impressed at your lack of snippets.

    Also agreeing with the crew, you certainly deserve a gold medal for your contributions to our wonderful playground. Thanks for all your hard efforts, they are very much appreciated.

    Do l break any record for having a senior moment in my early 40's???

    Happy Sunday, big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Got to agree with everyone, a gold medal is the least you deserve after that mahoosive roll call.

    Great card, anything with ducks on it gets the thumbs up from me and I love the orange gingham ribbon.

    I couldn't believe how few snippets you had stashed away - you clearly keep much better control of them than I do :)

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Dame Di...lol wow with all the comments you have done this week you should be given a Title its amazing what you think of to write and how well your doing this snippets challenge its a pleasure to visit and take part thank you for all your lovely comments and your card is not only lovely but funny too and l could think of a few thoughts regarding your sentiment as we all can....lol enjoy the rest of the day you deserve a glass or two l'll be back later with my snippet take care! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Di

    .. .. and you quack me up too!!!

    Thanks for a marathon roll call .. .. you definitely deserve a medal .. .. and a holiday after all that lot!!

    Loving your cute card. It made me smile.

    Have a great week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous card Di. Love the image and the sentiment.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You'd be quackers not to like this cute little duck! The perfect sentiment of course! One big gold medal to you, Headteacher, as your Roll Call this week (or fortnight even) is extraordinary. Must have taken an age..... hope you are currently enjoying a nice glass of something while I type! What a lovely end to a difficult week, having had my drawn out. I feel very lucky :) maybe I should go and put a lottery ticket on as well?! Big thank you to you and to Len too of course. Off to email...

    ReplyDelete
  14. Another roll call ribbon to you, Di! I can't believe the hours that must take you. I hope you know how much you are appreciated and how enjoyable your work is!!

    (I didn't even think I made it by this week, totally forgot I was early on, and was quite startled to see my own name! I'm losing it!)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Madame Di, please could we have that mini London Eye from the closing ceremony last night for our playground???? Pretty please :)

    Big hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card, Di and what a roll call last week! You are amazing - bet that took you a while. Feet up and a stiff drink for you, I think x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I am with Mrs F on the mini London Eye as long as I can swing from it whilst playing the bongo drums!!

    Quack Quack - rather appropriate as it is raining.....AGAIN!!

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, what a long roll call Di, congrats to you for sticking with it! Love the duck, so cute. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow that was one marathon roll call that does deserve the Gold no doubts! You are so awesome, and I am so grateful for you Di!

    Your card is ducktabulous! :-)))) Just darling!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Another vote for the mini London Eye.... pretty please!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Di, Just presented my card but forgot to mention my snippets which is the golden yarn which l have from other cards and these small pieces really come in handy for your snippets challenge....have a great day:) xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Wow! Fabby card Di. I`m surprised you had the time to make one after that marathon roll call. I`d need a long lie down in a darkened room I think. Well done you.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. I've been busy, Di, and definitely upped my snippet usage this week. There could even be more later on in the week - I've determined to get that pile down to the same quantity as yours. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Holy Smoolie...you must have missed several nights sleep on this roll call....you are the queen! As for the card...you always Quack me up. I love your stories....keep them coming!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another card - but a quick and easy one this time that uses up the most minuscule snippets ever :) Hugs, Elizabeth x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.