Sunday 12 May 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 72

And it's another week of lovely makes in the Snippets Playground! I do apologise for slamming the gates shut 12 hours early - my fault entirely, I did re-open them for another four hours as soon as I realised. And, if you did get shut out you can always back link by a day or so for this coming week. I hopped onto the naughty step - had to get a few of you to move over to make room for me!

Here's my snippets card:
To be honest, only the green card, a little bit of white card and the pink  'cobweb' ribbon are snippets but I did so want to try out using a doily as shown in this month's Quick Cards Made Easy magazine by the very talented Katina. I love the doily idea - a quickfire way to giving a vintage look.

I used:

- A6 white card stock

- snippets of SU's  'Always Artichoke' card behind the patterned paper and also the sentiment

- patterned paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Letters from Paris' paper pack

- a little white doily, run through the Xyron and then folded around the right hand side of the matted green card and patterned paper

- a snippet of sugar pink 'cobweb' ribbon, wrapped round and tied in a bow. Tip: it's quite wide ribbon so I folded in in half length ways, did a half knot and then fanned the ribbon out to its full width before tying the bow. In this instance I tied the bow by doing it on the 'spine' of the topper and gently working it across the card by slightly 'bowing' the card to make some leeway.

- the topper was then stuck onto the A6 card and a little dragonfly charm added, using pearlescent cord tied on a bow round the cobweb bow

- the sentiment is from Whimsy's 'Friendship Tickets Sentiments set, stamped onto a snippet of white card using Brilliance 'Pearlescent Orchid' then punched using SU's 'Word Window' punch

- another green snippet was punched using SU's 'Modern Label' punch, the sentiment was added and just a couple of small self adhesive pearls

I'd like to enter this card into the current challenge over at  Pan Pastel, where this week's theme is In The Pink.

Well, we did have some excitement here yesterday girls. I had an excited text from Hettie (aka Sam) saying that decopatch was being demo'd and sold on Create and Craft TV. I love decopatch, it's so relaxing to do, so I raced and put the TV on whilst making breakfast. The first thing that caught my eye was a mahoosive cow all covered in decopatch - not unlike this one:
I suggested to Sam we could have one for the Playground, which started a little series of 'What would we call her' emails - then Sam pointed out it was a bull 'cos it has horns. Someone needs to tell her about the birds and the bees 'cos I don't think she noticed the rear end and the 'milking gear' in all the excitement :) By the way, you can buy this here - at under £180.00 even!

OK, so who's been doing what this past week then?
First into the Playground was Cathy, with this really super little row of pots and flowers.
And how about this for another one from Cathy - a rainbow of one eighths of an inch diameter dots! I think this week's gold star for the teeniest snippets goes to Cathy!
Jules really stole the show for ingenuity here - and unable to find her fine knitting needles she actually did the knitting straight onto the cocktail sticks :) OMGosh - I just properly noticed the backing paper - now how totally cool is that?!
 
Just a red snippet here from Irene, although perhaps the white background is also a snippet - but I really thought you ought to drool over the amazing shoe! :) I neeeed that stamp, it's brilliant.

A really fast show and tell this week - but to see more of course you can still use the links from last week, there are loads of super makes to get inspiration from.

Now for the draw for that fabulous 'Water Droplets' stamp (plus the fish one). Ryn popped in to say 'Hi' during the week - and is interested to know the outcome of the draw so, with no more ado, it's:

Well done Karen, I just know you'll love the water droplets stamp. Do drop me an email with your snail mail address (to di_wray@hotmail.com) and the stamp (plus the fish one) will be in the post ASAP.

And now to this week's prize, which has been donated by our lovely Patron and Founder, Jules. As Jules is the Queen of using charms in card making it's totally appropriate, and so kind - thank you Jules:
What a gorgeous selection - I thought I had quite a few charms but Jules seems to have a secret source 'cos I haven't seen most of these little beauties before - and of course there are a few hearts!! In fact, spookily, I do have the dragonflies - and even more spookily I already used one of mine earlier in the week when I made today's snippets card. And that was not even knowing what a lovely little package for the 'Playground Toybox' was about to drop through the letter box at the end of the week! The cord is fabulous too - Jules uses it loads and I picked the trick up from her - in fact I do blame Jules for a lot of my spending :)

The Playground is open all of this coming week, will close on Saturday 18th May  at noon UK time and Mr Linky is below as usual. I'll make sure I get it right this week! Just enter a snippets make into the Playground this week and I'll do a draw after the Playground closes next Saturday.

As usual I am asking for a snippets make please, maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be a winner of  the lovely charms and cord donated by Jules.

Have a great week - and no bringing a mahoosive decopatch cow/bull or whatever to the Playground please, it might scare the ducks!

Di
x

25 comments:

  1. Woo hoo Miss, am very early indeedy!!

    looks like am first in through the playground gates - wow there is more than one great climate advantage at living downunder..

    it is such a beautiful mother's day here and hope all your dear folk over there are being spoilt or spoiling your mums for the day! if mothers day where you are!

    I love Cathy's cards - have been over to her blog many time sand sen both these beauties!! as well as Jules clever card too..

    .. and Di your card - well has to be nice it is pink :D

    ..and wow love the idea have sheet can just see using in same way great work! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yes they can. Cows that is... :-) Di, love the pink roses, oh so pretty. And this week's snippet shows are wonderful. I honestly can't say which one I like best. I love them all. There certainly are very talented folk running around the playground. I think Cathy's rainbow of one-eighths is ingenious! One of those ah ha moments. And the little knitting needles. How cute.... what an imagination dThat Jules has. And Irene's shoe..I'm off to think about ice cream.....And the prize this week. My goodness what a stash! Lovely they all are, yes they truly are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've come to keep Shaz company on the swings.

    LOVE your very pretty Snippets card Di. Katina is very inspiring.

    Great Show n Tells this week as usual.

    At least the Decopatch cow won't need much upkeep!

    Another lovely prize this week . . . but I'll say "no thanks" as not got a clue about charms . . . and I'm pretty certain it would involve me having to use up some of my carefully hoarded ribbons! Aaargh!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haa Haa Di! That is one confused and colourful cow/bull there!!!
    Great snippets show and tells there, including yours of course.
    I am already coveting those charms!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a pretty card and I love that cobweb ribbon :-)
    Wooooh !! Expensive cow... I could by 3 real ones for that !!!!
    I am soooo in love with the knitting hens - fabulous and lovely little bit of knitting. I used to do that when I was very young (and could see !!) on large dressmaking pins and make little clothes for my teddies :-D Maybe that's why I am nearly blind now,...... snort !!!

    OMG - I'm gonna' kill for those charms ...... weeeeeeellll not really of course coz then I wouldn't be 'at home' to receive them LoL :-)

    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxx

    sorry - had to delete and correct a huge typo that looked soooo stupid !!! :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Stunning doily card - may 'borrow' that idea Di. Thank you so much to you for the prize and random generator for the prize!
    You've all made me feel so welcome here - so thanks to my fellow play mates as well as our leader hugs Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  7. A beautiful and stunning card Di. The design paper is gorgeous with a WOW of a bow.

    Jules knitting idea is brilliant.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Miss Di

    Very proud of myself today because I have used up some of the mountain of cream snippets I have!! Woo hoo!

    I think I will say "no thanks" to the prize. It would look well dodgy if I won!!! What would Mrs A say?!?!?!?!? LOL!!!

    Note to Sandra .. .. how can you not use your ribbon?!!? If you don't use it how can you warrant buying any more?!? I have to run out to persuade hubby to take me to re-stock LOL!

    Have a great week everyone.

    I will be a scheduled snippet next week as we will be in London with our eldest Son and his wife Cat (of the knitting chickens fame).

    Love and good luck to everyone who fancies winning the charms and cord!

    Jules xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Di,

    Lovely cards in the playground.

    Hmm, I'm pretty sure girl cows can have horns.... as you so politely pointed out what was at the other end! tee hee I think girl goats can have horns also.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great card Di, love the pink ribbon and the use of the doily.
    Some fab 'picks' this week.

    Kath x

    PS no thanks, won't bother buying the cow, wouldn't give £1.80 for it. lol

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh this is lovely Di the pink is gorgeous l know you like your pink and it goes so well with green l like those two colours together reminds me of the days l dressed my daughter in them the Cobwebb ribbon,charm and doily compliment the backing papers its truly lovely, Well those udders are well and truly showing lol Cathy's cards are lovely as are Jules too congrats to Karen well deserved that's a nice bunch of charms l have plenty so l won't take part in this one but good luck to all who do .....enjoy your week Di take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's late and I'm really tired but I just had to pop in and say what a gorgeous card you've created, Di. I'll pop back tomorrow to check out what the others have been up to in the playground. Oh, I'll say no to the prize ... because of Jules' influence I already have lots of cord and charms - possibly enough to last me a lifetime :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, wow, love your beautiful floral card, that ribbon is gorgeous too, like satiny fairy floss. Thanks for the shout out too, so many fantastic cards created by the playmates, thanks for all the inspiration :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sorry for the late entry but was locked out on Saturday and ran home to my Mummy in tears as I love the playground so much. I was treated to a day out yesterday to make up for the tears and so here I am today bring the entry I brought on Saturday.

    I went to a craft show yesterday and saw a lovely giraffe just ready for decoupatching but I thought the rocking horse might be frightened and so have left him at the craft show.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The doily does give the papers the vintage look Di, and I love the ribbon and embellishment. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh to be Sweet 16 again!! You may recognise this one!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Super card Miss and I'd be well Charmed!!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Me again. Racing like mad to get some cards made and posted up before I start my treatments later today. I'd like to tell em where to stick their needles thats for sure!! Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Thanks for the reminder, Di! I got so excited about the cow that I forgot to bring the card! Does she give colorful milk? Love the charms, but don't think I'd use them. Thanks anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the cow! Not sure that I'll be doing any decopatch though after watching the prog! The charms are very pretty but I'm like Bonnie - don't think I'd use them.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your vintage and feminine card looks lovely with the doily and pretty roses! Gorgeous ribbon too!
    Congrats to all the notables for this week, and I too will pass on the charms. They're lovely, but add too much bulk for mailing and I'd probably never use them :)Thank you for the offering anyway :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. I feel like a sieve at the moment and stiff as a board. I need a drinky poo. That's all from me this week now . Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a lovely vintage card, Di, the doily looks fantastic! I love 'Quick Cards' magazine, it's so inspiring!

    What fabulous creations from the Playground People (Playgrounders?), there is such talent in this community, I think!

    I must apologise, I can't get my thumbnail uploaded, I am obviously doing something wrong! I'm not technically minded, anything harder than changing a plug is beyond me!!

    with much love, Mags B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thank you for sharing your fabby vintage Pink card with the DT from PanPastel UK, love it Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is so beautiful, I love that gorgeous ribbon and the papers are so pretty. Thank you for joining in with the PanPastel challenge blog
    Lindsay xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.