Tuesday 13 August 2013

25th December

Thought it best not to use that forbidden word yet agaaaaaain :) The current challenge over at Less is More is to use a number or numbers on a one-layer card. Oooer, that stumped me at first and then I also spotted the current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge which is a picture inspiration, had a light bulb moment - and this is what I came up with:

This is Hazel's picture inspiration - I picked out red, green and white and the holly.

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card stock

- Woodware 'Christmas Date' stamp, red, green and gold Pro Markers

- little tickles of Stickles 'Crystal Ice' on the background snowflakes

- red 'dewdrops' on the holly berries. Funny, Sam and I spotted some in Flutterbys last week and were saying how we both had loads and never use them, thanks for the prompt Sam!

- then I looked at the number 25 which was coloured in non-metallic gold Pro Marker and it was just too matt and flat so I almost threw the cards away (yup, I made two the same). However, after some head scratching about how to add glitter to quite a large area I came up with an idea - which may disqualify me from LIM as it could be classed as another layer but in fact it's just a tip about adding glitter evenly

- what I did was to stamp the 25 part of the image again, onto some double sided sticky sheet and then carefully cut out the numbers. Then it took forever to get the backing off one side but once that was done I stuck the cut out numbers onto the cards, peeled the front of the sticky off and then covered with 'Gold' Glamour Dust, whisked off the excess with a big soft makeup brush, had a quick shower to de-glitter myself and it was done. I could have fibbed and said I just used glue but this tip is worth sharing and risking being disqualified and made to stand on the naughty step by Chrissie or Jen from LIM :))

Oooh, I'm such a rebel - no wonder the Snippets Playground is mayhem at times. 

This card is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for August.

Di
x

31 comments:

  1. Absolutely a perfect one layer card! Sensational!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worked out beautifully in the end - well done

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous Christmas card, love tradicional colours on it
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Di. I wish I could get motivated to do Christmas cards, but I am just not inspired so far. I know it is going to be a made last minute rush now!.
    that has certainly done a good job with the glitter. Lovely! Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely super duper Di, love it, perfect Christmas card and worth being disqualified even if it's unjustified. X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Di. Great tip for adding the glitter too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous card Di and I can well imagine the glittery carnage that ensued. Love it.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lurve this stamp Di - what a great one layer card. The glitter really finishes it off as well. Good tip using the adh. sheet. Saves getting it on every bit of the card (and yourself) if you use wet glue - lol.

    Just off to finish that smidge of ironing - yuk!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is absolutely gorgeous!!!
    Thanks you very much for the tip about the glittered number 25...I love the size and scale of that number...the whole stamp is wonderful...did you create the collage or did it come all in one stamp...I can see this look being created from several stamps as well!!!

    Thanks for sorting out my twin sister...she can be quite naughty and like to take over! lol

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh I love you being a bit of a playground rebel! Think I might join you on the swings today and see what mayhem we can cause! Glad you had that light bulb moment and produced this gorgeous card - love the glittery numbers. Thanks for sharing this for both CHNC challenges and hope to see more soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning rebel! I'm simply impressed that you put up with that much glitter! *shudders*

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow! Love it - really really love this Di - it's stunning. Perfect CAS Xmas card - that stamp is going on my Xmas presents list - and I don't need any more Xmas stamps. Such a beautiful creation Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. What patience you had on dem dere numbers. A lovely card
    and super CAS effect. What's this about going to Flutterbys then Miss Huh!! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you did the inspiration piece proud....beautiful card. I love your glitter tip. And the Dew Drop holly...great idea and you are right, I think we all have tons of them. Again....great card!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Terrific! Love all the glitz.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. lol.....Di l'll print the word Christmas..... your card is absolutely stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous card Di. Love the stamp and your added gliter is the perfect finishing touch of this CAS card. I spotted your card on LIM.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Tee Hee! You rebel Di, but I think you'll get away with it :D Fab card and I love the really glitzy 25, that's another Chrissie card done, :D Hugs Gay x

    ReplyDelete
  19. No naughty step Di, this looks tremendous!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a beautiful card! Thanks for the tip on the glitter cause it's gorgeous! I'll be your still sparkling!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello!

    Beautiful card! You have achieved perfection! Wishing you a happy day today!

    Hugs,

    Barbara Diane

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fab card and the idea of you having to have a shower after using the glitter just made me laugh, it does get everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  23. This card is just lovely and the way you glittered the numbers is ingenious, even if it did mean you had to shower to deglitter yourself :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Thanks for the great tip. Hope it doesn't disqualify you, as actually, you still had one layer...This was beautiful, & wonderfully done. You clever girl, you. Glad you had fun with your buddies. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  25. wow love it

    So sorry for my late visit. Thanks for joining us
    Jen x
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congratulations on being showcased on LIM!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. whoop - well done on being showedcased at LIM with this fab card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this one...great use of glitter...all cards need some sparkle!!!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I'm pickled tink to congratulate you for being showcased at LIM, Di! This card was SO deserving of being spotlighted!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.