Monday 9 September 2013

'Everyone needs a sidekick

........who else is gonna kick you in the side now and then?'

This sentiment, and the stamp it comes with, totally cracks me up:
The stamp is part of a lovely Stamping Bella treat from a very dear friend a while back - you know who you are and thanks a million once again, mwah! :)

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card stock

- image is 'Uptown Girls - Pattie and Dottie, Friends Forever' by Stamping Bella. Coloured with Pro Markers, sentiment stamped using SU 'Old Olive' and the notebook die is by MFT, called 'Notebook Edge'. I spotted this die over at the lovely Amanda's blog a little while ago - am not sure if Amanda (whom I hold responsible for many of my purchases) has the 'page ones' or just the edge die though. I went for the edge as it seemed to be very versatile, which it certainly is. But, if you do fall for this die, I would suggest you die cut along the top of the image before trimming the sides and bottom - that does allow for a little margin of error in alignment which you can then sort out when trimming the sides and bottom at perfect right angles - ask me how I know :(

- plain green backing card is SU 'Old Olive'

- papers are from Raspberry Road's 'Love Lives Here' paper pad (free with Quick Cards Made Easy')

- ribbon came from my ribbon box, topped with a handbag charm tied with green cord

- four Josy Rose pewter coloured nail heads, one in each corner

The card was made especially for my longest standing 'Bestie', Moira - we go back to boarding school days in our teens - and both the image and the sentiment seemed perfect for her, which is why I've saved it for months before using it! The handbag charm is 'cos we both love Radley bags and I love the 'bunny ears' - that is soooo my party trick :)

Hope you had a lovely day Mo!

Di
x

22 comments:

  1. Love this fabulous image and sentiment...Think a shopping trip is in order for me! lol
    This is such a wonderful card, made all the better with that lovely handbag charm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Morning Di

    Love this very much!!

    Fabby image and sentiment.

    That notebook die looks great too. Something else for the "one day" list!! Sigh!!

    Hope you had a good weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fabulous stamp and sentiment and beautifully coloured to match those gorgeous papers x

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a FAB image Di. It's just PERFICK - especially for your long-standing friend.

    Tut tut, Bunny Ears! WHO would do such a thing!!!! LOL!

    Brilliant ribbon and handbag embellishment and terrific notebook die.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this Di. What a fab image and sentiment. Great DPs and layout too.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trotted to school you say?! Does up at 6.30am and dressed, waiting by the front door at 7am come under that catergory?!

    This is a fab card, I think I know someone else who will like it too. Gorgeous colours xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello there Di - I couldn't quite read the sentiment so I 'bloo it oop' - and then I saw the back of the brunettes head (I am assuming she is Moira) and the naughty one is you! I am still giggling at the pic! This really is a corker though!

    Big hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Can your 'friend' adopt me too????? I absolutely have to HAVE this stamp - I NEED it... LOL
    Fab card Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic card Di. Love it. And of course you know I love Radleys too!
    Now we know someone else who does "bunny ears" now don't we?
    Haa Haa
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Diane-This is a fun card-beautiful colouring and what a geat sentiment-made me LOL!
    I have come to join you as a follower today-I keep hearing the lovely Darnell talking about the "playground" and "snippity bits" and now i see the lovely Sarah(sazzle dazzle) has found the mysterious playground too-so I have followed her over here ... shhh tee hee !
    I would love to come and play if i can
    please Miss can I play? Oh,are there any rules-I can't see any ? Is there a theme,or just post a card using the snippty bits?
    Big hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooh simply gorgeous Di, love the stamp, colours and perfectly coloured too. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is a fantastic card. Love the flower pp and the lovely image.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di. Such a fun card!! Love the image and sentiment! :) Great backing papers too ... and the purse charm - adorable! Loll xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my friend, thank you for your care, I am ok, I have hard time at work-but I am optimistic
    your card is fantastic and so true sentiment
    have a great new week
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well first thought was it was you and Mrs A, off the the craft show.
    Fabulous image, brilliant colouring, great papers, lovely elements.
    Love it.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm not having any photos taken stood next to you that's for sure!!
    Fabby card and Fluff is right I love it. hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fabulous card, Di. The image is terrific, super colouring, and I love the sentiment. And the ribbon matches the paper perfectly too. I've been searching for the notebook punch recently, for scrapbooking, with absolutely no success - didn't know a die was available! You've done it again ... there goes my pocket money :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a great "friend" card, complete with a cute sentiment and purse charm! Beautiful papers and ribbon too!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bless! What a lovely tribute to your friend Di - I can see how much love went into this fab card! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card, wonderful image and colouring and it reminds me of you and Mrs A on one of your shopping trips xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that image Di. The card cam together so well. Fab! Dee x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh, Di, I'm glad I kept coming back to catch up on posts I have missed so I could see this! (I'm having one of those weeks.) It is priceless and Mo will treasure it always! That purse charm is fantastic and the bunny ears karacked me up! Gotta love those Bella images!! Mwah! Darnell (I'm off to visit a friend Sun-Thurs so I'll miss you and the Playground.)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.