Sunday 29 September 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 92

Happy Sunday everyone! At 59 we didn't quite reach the magic number 60 in the Playground last week, that'd be a first for us - but each week does see more and more of you coming to play, which is really great. I hope it shows that the Playground is a happy place to be :)

Here's my snippets card for this week - appropriate given the nip in the air these past few days:
I used:

- 8" x 8" square white card blank

- stamped image is from the House Mouse 'Autumn Leaves' set by Joanna Sheen, stamped in Sepia and then coloured with Whispers pens and layered onto a snippet of orange card

- the 'patchwork' backing is what started this card off, I found three little snippet strips of Autumn leaves paper and just chopped them into squares then layered onto more plain orange card (all the plain orange pieces used on this card were snippets but my card swatch tells me it's SU's 'Pumpkin Pie')

- the brown backing card wasn't a snippet, it's by SU and is called 'Baked Brown Sugar' from their 2013-2015 In Color range. Looks rather like Kraft card to me :)

- then I still had some 'Pumpkin Pie' snippets, plus some big blank areas, so I added corners which were die cut using Joy! Crafts 6002/0135. To be honest I'd have called this die a nice name such as 'lattice corner' - and I bet it'll be great on white on white cards. I was very lucky to win this from Caz back in May - check out her first snippets Playground card a teeny bit further down this post, it's fabulous!

That's my snippets make, not one I'm overly happy with but I'm still gonna be cheeky and enter it over at House Mouse and Friends where the current theme is 'Monochrome' .

Onto this week's 'picks', difficult as ever of course. I think first of all we should welcome some new playmates:
I can't believe it's taken me so long to arm twist encourage the lovely Caz to come and join us in the Playground! We've followed one another since almost forever and it was only this last week it dawned on me that she hadn't ventured into the Playground!  And what an entrance she made - oh my goodness, I totally adore this beautiful Christmas card - so, so rich and elegant.
Brenda L scampered (grin) into the Playground for the first time with this lovely little poochie card. When you tie in the sentiment to the sweet little image sitting there with his lead - aaaw. And over on Brenda's blog there's a lovely photo of her own Jack Russell, who can also come and play if he likes :)

And our third new playmate is Jenny L, who brought this absolutely stunning Christmas card - I think that deep rich red and gold are perfect for Christmas and what a serene image! Welcome Jenny, lovely to have you along.

Onto just a few other picks:
I chose this card, made by Irene, for all the little snippets she used - and all the different embossing. Such a fabulous result - a lovely Wedding card indeed.
Cornelia made this card, using paint colour swatches for the banner! What a fantastic idea - anyone in danger or running out of snippets, just hit your local hardware store :)
Our Sam used LOADS of snippets on this 80th Birthday card, so beautifully too. Do look closely, there's so much care and detail - as always with Sam's makes.
And there was no way I could leave out this divine card. made by Debs. All those glorious butterflies made from snippets, love it!

As always, each and every single snippets make is a total winner in my eyes - to check them out if you haven't done so already THIS is the link.

The normal weekly draw first - and the winner of the Woodware 'Noel' stamp is:

23 of of you girlies made at least three cards in total over the past couple of weeks to be in with a chance of winning of Ryn's 'Rising Bubbles' stamp - and the winner is:
Sarah (Sazzle Dazzle)
Well done Sarah - I'll post the stamp to you ASAP. Can you just drop me an email with your snail mail address in please? I think I still have it but would hate to post Ryn's stamp off to the wrong person!

Commiserations to everyone else - I do know that a few of you were really so keen to have this stamp, and I only wish I had another 22 to give away!

OK, so what's on offer this coming week then? Yup, there is a little hint in my snippets card - it's a bag full of Autumn leaves swept up from the Playground, snort! Would I be so mean? It's these little beauties:
It's two sets of two (in fact more) unmounted rubber House Mouse stamps making a single prize - I was lucky and found them over at Joanna Sheen's bargain shelf in her online store :) Thought they might be really tricky to colour but considering I did my snippets card today in such a rush they really aren't as hard as they look. With more time and care I'd have made a better job of the colouring, but that was purely lack of time on my part.

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 5th October. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

One final question girls, Mary H referred to the Playground as Pixie's Playground and it struck me that Pixie's Crafty Snippets Playground is a real mouthful to both say and also type when you want to play along. Which option would you prefer - Snippets Playground, Pixie's Snippets or Pixie's Playground? I truly don't mind but do feel it would make life just a bit easier and save a few seconds for you all when posting if we shorten the name. I think it might be nice to keep Playground in the name perhaps. Other options are welcome too of course - it's your Playground after all! If you're happy to leave it as is then I'll 'go with the flow' as they say.

Have a lovely week!

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

52 comments:

  1. Adorable card there Miss. Very apt for the weather and patchwork too! Well done Mrs A - does that mean my chook gets it then? Tee Hee!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet little mice! Wish they would come rake my yard! Early in this week or late from last week. I always think of it as Pixie's Playground, but you get to name it what you want. I'm just in for the play and love it no matter what the name. Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to the winners - well done!
    I always seem to call it Pixie's Playground - for some reason it just seemed apt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou Miss for pulling me out of the hat. Now bout them pigeons do you ave a recipe for pie!!! Dun menshun feathers to me!! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card Di and congrats to the winners!!! I like Pixie's Playground :) lol @ Mrs A and her pigeons hahaha huggles Sue xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Loving all the cards and sorry not been able to play up to now,must try harder lol x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely autumnal snippets card Di. I always think of it as Pixie's Playground.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great, great card Di! Those corner dies are fabulous and this card has that quilted look too! Love that look!

    I like Pixies Playground too!

    There were sure some fabulous cards submitted...off to drool over them and add some comments. It has been such a long week for me this week. Not as much time for visiting as usual but I got everything finished for the baby shower so have earned a quiet day tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, Di - and so much loveliness from other crafters. I think Pixie's Playground would be a good name. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di . . . fabulous autumnal snippets card you've made here. Love it. Great image and fab die-cutting.

    I nearly always refer to your challenge as the SNIPPETS PLAYGROUND which seems to cover everything.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. How many fantastic cards
    love all
    because they are made with love and so carful
    hugs to all, expecialy to my dear friend DI
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  12. Here's my entry Di. A whipped up a batch of snippets cards.

    Playing just for the fun of it, so No Thanks to the prize.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  13. A beautiful Autumnal card Di, with those adorable meeces.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your card is so cute with those playful mice, and I love the adorned corners too! Congrats to all the wonderful notables who were at the playground last week! Well done everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Another fabulous card Di and thanks for whipping my name out of the hat for the bubbles stamp. Here's my entry for this week too. Hugs Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fab picks as always Miss and those blooming pigeons is dirty bu**ers.
    It is Pixie's Playground for me - because you are the one who has encouraged us to use up our snippets and get to know bloggers who become 'friends'. It would not be the same without your name in it. Hope to be able to play later on this week and try to get to visit peeps this coming week x

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always think of it as the snippets playground, I think you need to keep snippets in the title too!
    Great card, but as for the nip in the air....... boiling here.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Di

    Wow!! Nearly 60 entries!! Just shows what a lovely place the playground is to visit .. .. and what a brilliant keeper of the keys you are.

    I don't mind what title you give the challenge .. .. it is just lovely to be using up those pesky snippets.

    Great snippet make from yourself and fabby show and tells!

    Hope you have had a lovely weekend.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Love your Quilt Background using multiple fall papers. Adorable image and a Great take on our monochromatic theme. Thanks so much for joining us at House-Mouse & Friends MC. Good Luck and hope to see you joining the fun again next week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous card from yourself and great choices from the Playground, especially the WOW one.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. I had a bit of trouble getting into the playground last night. I think Hettie and I were trying to get through the gate at the same time! Thanks for straightening me out!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fabulous cards by everyone! Love your little quilt looking card Di! Great fall colors.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  23. Love your Autumn leaves card Di-I can almost feel them crunching underfoot :)
    Congratualtions to Mrs A and Sarah-and you must have had a tough time picking the show and tell cards-I don't envy you the task at all,they were all fabby :)
    I brought an Autumn card to the playground today-I am only playing for fun this week-the House Mouse stamps are just gorgeous-but alas I cannot colour !!
    Have a lovely day :)
    Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Popped by with a snippets card...Another of the chocolate bar cards! lol

    ReplyDelete
  25. Always helps if I remember to link up my card!
    Fabby showcase - such great inspiration is always to be found in the Playground. I always seem to refer to Snippets when I link up, but I'm happy with whatever title you deem most appropriate, Miss!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Di,
    love your card for the snippets this week. Great images and a wonderful design too.
    Thank you soooooo! much for the mention, I am proud to be picked out of such very outstanding cards that were entered.
    Got to get my thinking cap on for this week.
    Have a wonderful crafty day.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Loving your adorable card Di. I've made another card for the snippets this week, but for some reason I can't see the linky tool from my work computer, so will come and play later when I get home.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats to Mrs A and Sarah - fabulous picks this week too Caz's card is stunning - yes I did pop over and let her know.... be back soon with this weeks entries... Hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hello Di,
    what a lovely autumnal card.
    Fab 'top card' choices.
    Sorry I haven't been to play in a while but my 100 lines taught me a lesson!! LOL
    My card used the perfect size brown card snippet - no cutting needed.
    Hope you have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Aww House Mouse, how cute! I should dig mine out again, haven't used them in ages! Lovely picks this week, the two Christmas cards are stunners, actually they're all stunners! Lovely prize Miss (says she entering this week with a Penny Black stamp, lol!).

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another beauty....I love Autumn, I think I'm always in such a rush to finish Christmas that Autumn just blows by. I think that will be a challenge for me this week....Love the little House Mice....who wouldn't want to win them? The picks this week were spectacular as usual. Happy Crafting this week and always!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Di,

    I'm not sure I always remember to say this, so before I forget, no thank you to the fab prize.

    I agree that PCSP is a big mouthful. I usually just say "Pixie's" in my head, but I agree that the word Playground should stay in the written form. Well, now wait a sec. Of equal importance to the Playground should be the word "snippets," since that is the underlying premise, to use our snippets, right? For the purpose of spreading the word and continuing that worthy goal, I am going to vote for "Pixie's Snippets Playground" ~ just lose the word "crafty." We could even refer to it as PSP for short. (And how's that logo coming? I know, I'm a nag!!)

    Now, as always, LOOOVE your card in those perfect autumn colors! And I LOOOOVE your highlights this week, too! I'll say it again, it's so fun to see so many of my friends and so many new faces in the Playground and joining in the snippets challenge! Your wonderful showcase and prizes are great motivators, too!!

    I'll be off for a week next week, so I'll miss you and the girls at the Playground! I thought I read in a comment on another blog that you will be away soon, too. If I read that right, have a fun trip and safe travels! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Di,have managed to add two entries on one post,hope that's ok. I. Like pixies playground x

    ReplyDelete
  34. What a lovely card and a great selection in the showcase. What to call it, oh, ho hum... I think Pixie's Snippets Playground but really it should be what you want. I like the idea of referring to it as PSP when we are linking it though

    ReplyDelete
  35. The autumnal colours on your lovely card are so gorgeous, Miss! And hooray for the expanding Playground, too!

    I'll say 'No, Thanks' - Cute mice I can cope with, but the House Mice are a wee bit too realistic for my taste!! (I'm a wimp!)

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Ooops, meant to say that I love Liz's idea of calling this happy place 'Pixie's Snippets Playground' or PSP for short! But it's your place, Miss Di, and you can call it whatever you please!!

    love Mags B x

    l

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Di. Can't see why you're not happy with it, it's yet another lovely card. Lovely autumnal colours and those meeces are cute.

    Another fabulous showcase - so nice to see new snippeteers showing us their lovely snippet makes.

    Congratulation to Mrs A and Sarah from me too,

    On the question of name I'd be happy to go along with whatever is decided ... although I do think Snippets should be included somewhere :)

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Another fabulous card Di you always do the best and another great challenge well done to the winner enjoy your candy and great choice of cards too Di take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Di, gorgeous autumn card, love the quilted look. I like Pixie's Snippets Playground too. I'm just playing for fun this week, no thankyou to the fabby prize :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Di, your patchwork card is so super adorable. Those are gorgeous corners, too.
    Welcome to newbies and the featured cards are so pretty.
    About the name, just whichever you prefer. I do like Pixie's Playground, though.
    Sorry to be posting a scary card in the group this week...just ignore the ghosts in corners and it won't be so scary. :-)
    Hi to Parsnip!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Back to say, Darnell does have a point, I think snippets should be included in the name.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Hi Di - beautiful fall card - the housemouse stamps are too cute! Thanks for showcasing my card! So kind of you! Too bad I did not win the Ryn stamp ;) - I was keeping my hopes up - LOL! I am sure it makes Sarah really happy!
    Have a great day, hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  43. Honey I am baaaaaaack!
    All tea at Bettys'd out!
    Ey up chook it is cold down 'ere 'eck as like!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Di, I entered my second card already - I love your playground! Thanks for coming over to my blog and leaving such a nice comment! Hugs, Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  45. Popping in with a special card...

    ReplyDelete
  46. Popped over with a scheduled card and it will probably be my only entry this week. Looking forward to having a peek at everyones creations later on this week x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Added my 1st entry Di - hope your week is progressing well - Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  48. I love your house-mouse design Di - which reminds me I have some of those autumn ones. Will go and sort them out now. They will be ideal for 'cute and furry' challenge at Crafty Cardmakers. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Skipped over again, Di, don't want to neglect the ducks and thought I might spot Parsnip in the playground but he weren't there. Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Hooked up for number 2 Di - Number 3 is coming any minute too... Hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Di, for some reason when I try to link my card today it keeps reverting back to the previous entry. I'd appreciate it if you could try to link it for me. Thanks!
    And to think Im even bringing a bottle of tequila to the Playhouse today!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  52. hi
    some lovely cards there i have benninteending to playbut am sthll stuck on wedddingmakesnd thosedefinately dont qualify forsnippets
    i will be back soonthough
    janet

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.