Sunday 8 September 2013

Pixies Crafty Snippets Playground - Week 89

And another week flew past in the Playground - along with Summer if the wet weekend is anything to go by :( Although, the sun is was shining as I type this on Saturday.

Here's my snippets card for this week:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card stock

- one full sheet of backing paper (shame on me), plus snippets of plain pink and green card along with a snippet of green patterned paper

- a lovely oblong of already embossed, patterned and coloured vellum - see how it really pops out at you, plus two of her hand made 'shrink plastic' butterflies.

- a little Happy Birthday sentiment oblong, with the bottom cut into a V shape

- plain white pearls plus a darling beaded pin, sent to me ages ago by the lovely Bernie

By the way, to stick the vellum I backed the chosen piece with an oblong of double sided adhesive sheet and then peeled the backing off and popped it onto a snippet of white card before trimming it to the exact size I wanted.

I suddenly became conscious how many square cards I make - and then realised it's due to loads of my patterned backing papers being 6" square. Need to think outside of the box more here.

And this week's 'picks' really gave me some grief - I write a list as the week goes by and absolutely every single entry is worth showing, which is why it's great if you visit one another to check out the clever ways in which your playmates use their snippets. So, as my 'pick list' list actually included our three new playmates,  purely by coincidence, I thought it would be good for you to see their work first - welcome to the Playground ladies:
I wanted you to be sure to see this lovely card by Loll as a) it's gorgeous and b) if you hop over to Loll's blog you can find out via a link how to make the darling little Christmas tree - from just one half circle of paper.
Jenny H brought this to show on her first trip into the Playground - I adore the shades of mauve and purple (rapidly catching up on pink as my favourite!), a really beautiful card.
Cornelia came to show us two cards, both fabulous, but I wanted you to 'specially see this one as a great example of why not to throw away those negatives after you cut a die out. Brilliant!
Princess Judy came back to play after being MIA for a while from the Playground - and isn't this such a fun snippets make? I love Judy's blog, her sense of humour totally cracks me up - be sure to always read the 'fine print' at the end of her posts when you visit. And no, we can't have a giraffe in the Playground, before anyone asks!

I just had to show Liz's card. Brilliant use of snippets and such careful paper piecing - that sure was a labour of love with a great result!
This is a truly stunning card from Elizabeth - lots of elements, including a couple of snippets, all skilfully put together to create a fabulous result. Sigh, it's beautiful.
This card made by Debs used loads of snippets, isn't it just fabulous? I still have a 'spinner' card made by Debs here on my desk and her work really is exquisite - absolute perfection with amazing attention to detail.
 
And finally, here's another card that made me gasp this morning when Eve scampered into the Playground before the gates slammed shut. Just stunning isn't it - the heart used up some snippets and the gold label did too. Take a peek at the ribbon and twine tied together to make that fabulous bow too! That's two weeks running Eve made it into the 'picks' but there was no way I could leave this card out :)

As always, I wish had time to show more but remember you can still go here to look at all the thumbnails from last week and thence onto the posts themselves.

Time for the weekly prize draw - and once again Darnell's name came up first! And once again Darnell had declined any more stuff to add to her vast array of 'toys to play with' (but you ought to buy some raffle or lottery tickets Darnell - you seem to be very lucky!) so I ran the random number thingy again and this time it was:
Well done Sue, I did grin when your number came up, hot on the heels of your pal Sue P's win last week! Can you please drop me an email (di_wray@hotmail.com) with your snail mail address and the stamps will be in the post to you 'toot sweet'.

And this next week's prizes have been donated:

Six A5 sheets of the fabulous embossed, patterned and coloured vellum plus 28 beautiful little butterflies which were handmade.

Plus, we also have from our lovely Sarah:

A pack of Hobby House pearl headed pins plus a pack of Prima white paper flowers - perfect for colouring as you wish, or of course they look fab left white as they are.

So it's a sort of 'shabby chic' mix this week - all making up the one prize, thank you to both girls for adding to the Playground toy box. It's pretty full right now so there are all sorts of goodies to come yet :)

The Playground will run as usual this week with the gates closing at 11am UK time on Saturday 14th September. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the lovely selection of donated prizes this week, as shown above.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Di (and a wave from Parsnip, growl, still waiting for 'Miss' to do a Playground button!)
x

30 comments:

  1. Card looks really pretty. Love the green papers you have put with the vellum. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What pretty notables this week everyone, and congrats to Sue J!
    Di, I just love the soft look of the vellum floral with the butterfly and those pearls sealed the deal beautifully!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at me! Number three! I thought as I wrote my post that it was a shame I couldn't bring my card to the Playground because it's only Saturday night, but then I membered it's Sunderday there, so I popped in to see if the gates where open and, walla, they were!!

    I adore your snippets make, Miss! What a fabulous way of showcasing Mrs. A's hard work and pretty creations! And she's so generous, too, to have such a great prize along with Sarah! It's tempting this week, but I'll leave it for others again. (Just think, if I was in it all the times my name has been drawn, folks would have me drawn - and quartered! LOL! Off I go to buy a lottery ticket first thing tomorrow!)

    Lovely highlight picks as ever! I don't envy you having to choose from the great lot of card artists we have week after week! It's so fun to see newbies, too. I shall go and introduce myself on their blogs if I don't already know them.

    Hope you're having a brilliant Sunday! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Di, love the pretty vellum and the butterflies. Gorgeous showcases too, there really is so much fantastic inspiration in the playground! I'll say no thankyou to the fab prizes this week, I'm happy just to play along :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful card Di, I love pink and green together, and the little bead pin and stunning vellum - just perfect.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, there were so many great cards!

    Your snippets card is so pretty Di. I really like that printed vellum and the matching butterflies. Mrs A is quite the artist!

    Off to finish up my card too...lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay - I finally made a snippet entry!! In fact the linked post contains three snippet makes!!!

    NO THANKS to the prize as I too have an awful lot of thingamebobs to use too!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di . . . beautiful feminine snippets card you made.

    Love all the showcased cards - great picks.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Phew, I think I've just submitted the correct link for this week's challenge! Initially I'd copied something else from my clipboard but 'fingers tightly crossed' it seems to have worked! If not shout up and let me know what a silly 'un I've been! Another beautiful card Di with glossy butterflies - adorable. I'll duck out of the gift this week if my name pops out of the hat - just joining for the fun of it this week. Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much Di:) your card is so pretty I got a shock when I saw my name LOL thanks again xxxxxxxxxxxxxx huggles Sue xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh meant to say no thank you for the gift this time I love joining in xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Sunday Afternoon Di, and super post. Love your card, green and pink - my favourite. The embossed vellum is gorgeous and those shiny butterflies are fantabulous!

    Surprised and delighted to spot my card in your showcase - so kind of you. Love all the others - like you say loads of inspiration.

    I'll say No Thanks again this week ... there really is no room in my crafty den for any more stuff, gorgeous as it is, and that's despite all my efforts to use up NBUS and snippets, sigh!

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, what a beautiful snippets card and those little flutterbys are too darn cute - I must have a play myself sometime. Lovely picks this week too - as ever x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Di,
    thank you again for choosing my card to show - looks like the apple is working!! LOL

    Will try and be on time this week.

    Your card is beautiful. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. How mny gorgeous cards, love all-but your is for me something special
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous, sweet, pretty card. Love the flower panel.
    Fab choices of playmates cards

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a pretty card, Di! Sorry I have been away so long - I promise, it wasn't a nasty dose of headlice, and I didn't run away with the fair either (Felt like it one or twice though, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Miss

    Sorry .. .. I rushed to the playground with my share and forgot to sign into the visitors book!!! Thank goodness there wasn't a fire drill (or was there!!!)

    Loving your snippet make. Such pretty papers and colours and those butterflies look super lovely!

    Great show and tells too.

    Super talent in the playground!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Di finally making it over to play in playground again what lovely card you have made!! lovely paper indeedy! and all other ones by the snippetty folk plus love Mrs A.s wee butterflies must put that shrink plastic on my wish list one day soon :D love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hi Di, I love your snippets card - does not really look like you created if from leftovers!
    Thanks fro showcasing one of my cards and for your lovely introduction!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous picks Di - it must be very hard to pick only a few. Fabulous use of snippets and I have entered but no thanks for the gift huni - I still have a lot of stash I am trying to use up. I'll try to get out to the PO at the end of the week - I have something/s I want to post Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hey Ho Miss - iza back!
    Hope you like
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hello Di,
    I hopped in earlier this week - phew!
    No thanks for the prize just playing for fun this week.
    Hope you have a fab day. xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. The linky fingy isn't working as I can't see your card Miss!!!!!!!!!!!
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Di, very pretty, love the flowery piece. I love square cards, so keep them coming. Wow to the chosen group. Each one beautiful. You hang with some true talent! Sorry I've been absent of late. Seems the days are too short and my energy level is even shorter.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just popping by with another card.
    My staying home two days a week is paying off...I actually have cards ahead!!! Yay!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Please Miss can we have a little piggy to play with. Hettie won't mind doing the mucking out. Then we could have a little pig sty. Can Len make us one plesse????
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just a very quick "waving hi" - on my way out of town for a bit.
    Wonderful cards by everyone and a great prize!
    A little piggy for the Playground!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  29. Dear Mrs A

    NO pigs in the Playground, not even baby ones! In two words, 'hop it' with those bright ideas of yours!! :)

    Hugs, Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. what a lovely colour scheme miss, and thanks for the mention in the gallery - chuffed to bits!
    No thanks to the prize this week
    Hugs
    Debsx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.