Saturday 7 September 2013

Playing with Fabulous Shoes

I used:

- 7" x 7" square white card stock

- backing papers, plain, patterned plus the images all came from 'Fabulous Shoes' by Katy Sue Designs, There are 20 different collections on this fab CD, each one is divine. Plus, each collection comes with some really quirky shoe images, decoupage, patterned backing, plain backing, card templates, embellishments - the list goes on. I've only scratched the surface with this card by opting for a single layer image, die cut with a circle and layered onto a scalloped circle

- the scalloped edge down the right hand side was punched using Martha Stewart's 'Traditional Scallop' punch, with little white pearls added

- the sentiment is from the Whimsical Designs set called 'Whimsical Fun - Vol. 1', stamped using Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink, die cut with a circle die, layered onto a scalloped circle and then a little toadstool embellishment cut out and popped on beside the sentiment

- the ribbon (a much paler mushroom colour in real life) is just tied with a little bow then topped with a toadstool charm tied on with iridescent cord

- then I added some white pearl swirls (bought in New Mexico from a bargain bin). The jury is out here as to whether they stay or not, they're a bit lost in the patterned paper but in real life do add some extra dimension - and if I try to pick 'em off I just betcha I'd wreck the card anyhow. I did ask my in-house critic and he voted for them to stay - much to my amazement.

Two posts from me today, Saturday Supper is below if you fancy cooking something a bit different.

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. WOW - FAB-U-LOUS shoe image die. Great card. Pictures never to the real life card any justice, but in the photo I agree, the pearls are a little lost (hope you don't mind me saying). IRL of course, they are probably FINE!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, jealous much?
    I was after this cd Di, loved the look of the designs. I have the next one from the same designer which is dresses and hats along the same lines as the shoes. Also has shop fronts. The cards I have made from that have been popular.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word what a stunning and fabulous card Di, Love the papers image and everything about it - just perfect.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a simply splendid card.

    If you're quick you might just be able to enter it over at the Pan Pastels challenge blog where the theme is spots and dots.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute shoe/mushroom image in those red polka dots, and that mushroom charm is da bomb! Love all the pearls too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. FAB-U-LUSS DAHLING!!! Great shoes! and a great card.x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohhhhhhhhh this is lovely Di love the colours you have used huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow great image and papers, love the colours and the way you have done the sentiment.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I want those shoes Di!
    This card looks gorgeous and if Uncle Len says the flourishes look good then leave em be!
    Great totalk earlier.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning card Di, I haven't got my head around using CD's yet, so well done you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card - love the shoes, the ribbon, the little toadstool charm and the super sentiment ... everything really :) I'm ashamed to say I have that CD but I've yet to make anything with it - perhaps I will now :)) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh la la
    These shoes are fabby and so is the pretty card. I enlarged it and I vote the pearls stay!
    They are really pretty and go with the pretty, whimsical theme!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.