Thursday 19 September 2013

Thanks a bunch

I recently made a few thank you cards and this was the first one:

I used:

- DL white card blank

- Penny Black 'Love Blush' stamp, stamped with VersaMark onto Clarity coated/silk card and allowed to dry. Then it was rubbed over with Tim Holtz 'Peeled Paint' using a 'sponge applicator thingy with a wooden handle' before being polished off with a piece of kitchen roll. NB. I didn't use embossing powder and heat set it, although that is an optional step extra of course, it was purely stamped with VersaMark and allowed to dry properly before going any further

- the image was then die cut using a Nesties Labels Eighteen die and an embossing tool run round the edge before removing the image from the die

- a piece of green patterned card (a QCME magazine freebie by Pink Petticoat) was trimmed to fit diagonally down an oblong snippet of white card and stuck down before I added three embossed lines. Little trick, which is probably obvious, don't do the initial emboss from the back of the piece of card - do it from the front first so you can see the line of the patterned paper you want to follow, then flip the card over and run down the lines again from the back

- a snippet of  white card was used to stamp an Elzybells sentiment in SU's 'Old Olive', then punched out using SU's 'Word Window' punch, then popped onto a snippet of the sponged green 'Peeled Paint' background which had been punched out using SU's 'Modern Label' punch

Did the supermarket run today and got 'Miss Supermarket Personality of the Year' working on the checkout I unfortunately picked. One of those who totally delights in throwing stuff through ten times faster than you can cope just for the sheer fun of it. Wish you'd seen me juggling with one packet of linguine and another one of spaghetti like a circus clown - oh, and also just add three escaped apples into the mix, five items in one performance. Sigh - am applying to the 'X-Factor Talent Show' as there are skills I didn't know I had just waiting to be exploited :(

Di
x

15 comments:

  1. Great card...love the green sentiment on that striking green floral paper.

    You can never have too many thank you cards! Looking forward to seeing the other ones you made...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, your tip was not an 'obvious one' to me, so thank you very much for sayin'. Love this long card and your pretty flower on the die. That made a super look with just the versamark & polishing against that silk c/s (another new one to me...is there a brand name? Available in the USA?) Oh the things I learn here! Liked your papers and that you did the long card. Very elegant. Yep, we have those Personality Plus in our stores too. Will have to tell you of our recent Walmart experience with sales staff standing around, not on the clock yet, nor willing to help out with 'where is...' stuff. Grrrr. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card Di, love the design.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh . . . gorgeous green card with a great flower image and I love the extra touch of embossing.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the effect of the flowers on this Di and I like that label die very much.
    Ah,you must have had the twin sister to my checkout assistant this past week! She just kept lobbing the items down the shute totally oblivious that there was only one pair of hands(mine)packing them at the other end!!She was finished quick as a flash and then proceeded to sit there with arms folded announcing how much I owed her-I can't pay you-Im too busy packing all these piled up items LOL! I think she had received special training in the art of how NOT to treat a customer!
    Hope you have a good day,Nessa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is bootiful Miss. Love the relative simplicity of it, though I know it aint simples!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Di the layout is lovely too x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another great card, Di, and another example of how useful VersMark is to have in our crafting artillary. Your tip wasn't an 'obvious' one to me either ... I'd have probably scored from the wrong side and got it wrong! So many thanks for the tip :)

    The EM discovered another contender for Miss Supermarket Personality of the Year in Asda yesterday. He was at the self-service tills, and was trying to put his purchases in a carrier bag but one after the other they split. Miss SP was leaning on the barrier chatting to a colleague, ignoring the EM in his distress. Her response when he complained about the bags was gob-smacking - 'complain to Asda'! She then returned to gossiping, clearly much more important than caring for Asda's customers. Needless to say, he did! And I hope she got a right rollicking!

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Do you know, I didn't know that you didn't have to emboss VersaMark ink, will certainly be trying this one out.
    Love the card, gorgeous image and great choice of colour.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love monochromatic cards especially in green and white! One day a checker that wasn't busy came and helped me unload my cart. I think he thought I was way too slow! He wasn't really any faster than I was, but it made him feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Di, love that stamp - a classic, and monochrome always looks classy. I loathe shopping, when I go if they start pushing the stuff through too quick I ask them to slow down - some do and some don't - it's a thankless job though xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Unusual colour for you to use Miss and unusual for me to like it but I do. We have a lady checkout (old biddy actually) in our local supermarket. The Doc won't ever go on her queue anymore cos she is the exact opposite. Can talk the hind legs off a donkey but unfortunately can't process the shopping through the till at the same time. Takes forever to get one packet of pasta off her!!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely use of the fab PB stamp! I really like the long card, too, and the green flowered paper is so pretty!

    How I sympathise with your shopping experience! It's so annoying when everything piles up - and I'm always all fingers-and-thumbs and drop things! Maddening!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  14. The simplicity of this is beautiful and I love the colours x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.