Tuesday 3 September 2013

Using a freebie

Tracey, over at Dies to Die For, always includes a few free die cuts in with orders - I do try to use them but not always right away. However, this tree she included with my most recent order stayed firmly on the desk so I would use it ASAP:
If you'd seen the contortions and antics to take a photo of this really reflective card :) In the end I laid the card flat on a bed, with the blue part at the bottom, as that reflected less of my hand waving the camera round, and then just flipped the image before messing round with adding the watermark in Gimp. A little tip you might find useful some day if you're crazy enough to use really reflective mirri card.

I used (besides the contortions):

- DL white card stock

- silver mirri card

- blue mirri card with silver stars already embossed

- the lovely tree with baubles die cut came from Tracey, as I already said. I've no idea if the die is available to buy but it's a lovely tree - if you do have or know what this die is called and who makes it please let me know in a comment and I'll amend this post accordingly

- the 'Merry Christmas' was die cut using Britannia dies and silver mirri card, I just popped a teeny crystal gem above the letter i to finish it off

- ribbon from one of my ribbon boxes topped with a rolled ribbon 'bow' and a clear crystal gem

The blue card with silver stars came from JJD Cards, a brilliant place for grabbing Kanban card - Elizabeth and I have been running in and out lately doing some online shopping there. They also stock satin mirri card (the red one is to die for!) plus the sparkling self adhesive film I've been using lately. AND, both Elizabeth and I were sent some fabulous free card stock, beautifully embossed and foiled - and I don't think either of us spent a really huge amount of money. It's so nice when suppliers add in little surprises like that :)

This card is for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra for September, where it's always 'Anything goes'.

Di
x

20 comments:

  1. Thanks for the hint of how to photograph that @#$% mirror paper! You did it though. What a beautiful card! And to think that was a free die! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think where in the wrong job here. Just been trying to take a photo of a box showing the acetate reflection on the top and each time I do it comes out flat as a pancake!!!!!!
    Great card btw. Hmm did you Menuhin freebies?? I'm on me way. Hugs Mrs A. (Your partner in crime).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab card, great freebie and well done on your "contortions" too - they worked just great!

    Happy Tuesday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di

    A gorgeous finished card .. .. well worth the contorting (is that the right word?) to get a good picture.

    I thought you have embossed a stamp to begin with.

    Lovely ribbon feature too.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Luscious festive card here Di. Very shiny.

    Love the ribbon treatment too.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fantastic card for end of year
    love it
    have a great week
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous!
    That is an amazing diecut...how nice to have the lovely surprise of finding it with your order...that is great customer service!

    Your card is so gorgeous...full of shine and shimmer and well worth the contortions it took to get a good photo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super card, love the tree and the whole make up of the card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Di and so good how you managed to take a pic LOL huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is absolutely stunning with the royal blue & silver! It may have taken some time to photograph, but it was time well spent!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oooowerrrr Miss! This ish gooooojusss!! Well worth the effort and acrobatics to get a good picture of. I love that colour of blue _ just like the sky was last night but ours had lottsa schparklies in it too!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful card! Gorgeous!!!!! Thanks for the anti-contortionist tips. I just gave up and went for glare but I'm lazy like that.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's lovely and yes, I've used the one I had and loved it so much had to go and buy it!
    (Lyn)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful colours and that tree is gorgeous, can just imagine it in green satin mirri. I have never been able to photograph mirri without some appendage showing so thank you for the tip. Hugs, Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous card Di, I love the tree diecut, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a beautiful tree, Di - I can see why you kept it out to make sure you used it - gorgeous card - thanks for entering my CHNC challenge extra for September – hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. You could also share this lovely card for The Glory of Christmas challenge 15: 'anything goes' - I'd love to see it there too, Hazel, Glory of Christmas DT x

    ReplyDelete
  18. It is a great card and a lovely colour

    ReplyDelete
  19. A gorgeous creation. Thanks for joining us at CHNC Extra this month. Carol Guest Designer x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sorry to be so late in complimenting you on this lovely sparkly card. Just trying to catch up over at CHNC and looking for familiar names to visit. This is really pretty and you did a nifty photo job. Thanks for the tip - my photography needs all the help it can get. Love the combo of the silver & blue, and this was a wonderful die to get as an extra. Lucky you. And you used it to such effect. TFS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.