Sunday 3 November 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 97

Another busy week in the Playground, but I want to know just WHO picked all the pumpkins and left carvings all over the place without even a little thank you note, lit pumpkin or even a choklit bar?! Parsnip won't tell so I bet he's been bribed :(

My snippets card this week is for a little neighbour who will be five on Guy Fawkes night and who absolutely adores his bicycle:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- image is another pre-coloured one by LOTV

- papers from the 6" x 6" 'Quilting Bee' paper pad by My Mind's Eye, the red dog tooth check is a snippet from the pad and the grey is a whole sheet. What's great about this pad is that, although the fronts of most papers are sewing themed, the reverses are perfect for cards for chaps, young and old

- snippet of red card to back the main image and the Craftwork cards sentiment, die cut with Nesties scalloped dies

- I even managed to squeeze the number 5 out of the teeniest snippet of leftover red card, die cut using a number set by Britannia Dies

- then I just popped 'JOSH' on, using white card candy plus their tiny little lettering stamp set and SU 'Real Red' ink pad

Josh and his little brother Luke were amongst our Halloween visitors - bless, when I held the Halloween tub of treats out for them, little Luke (who's not yet two) smiled up at me and promptly dropped one of his own candy bars into the bucket :) He'll learn I know but it was so sweet and innocent.

OK, onto this week's picks:

Cornelia actually showed us two similar versions of this card, this one is my favourite but just by a whisker - so elegant. I have giggled this week a bit as I know that Cornelia would love to come and play more than three times in a week - I have visions of her twitching impatiently waiting for the Playground to reopen each week :)

The only reason I limit entries to three is to make the random draw fair. Even if I ignored fourth and fifth etc. entries my mathematical brain tells me that the probability/odds would still be skewed so we'll stick with three. Mind you, more than one snippets card in a single post but with just one link is still fine :) And I don't mind, if it 's within the weekly three, if folk link two different makes from the same post either - I really do need to write up them 'rools' to make it totally clear :(


I just love this card made by Sally, it's perfect in my eyes - right down to the little gems or touches of pearl drops on the musical notes. Err, our Sally is now a Karate Brown Belt - so any nonsense this week such as building a mahoooosive bonfire in the Playground and I'll be sending for Sally! Well done chick from all of us :)

And we have a new Playmate as well so please welcome Mary Anne K who brought this lovely card, with the most wonderful sentiment:
Hope you come back to play often!

So, onto last week's draw - and the winner of the poinsettia dies and the Winter Bunny stamp (drawn by Random Number) is the lady who made this fabulous card:
 Well done to:
Can you please drop me an email (di_wray@hotmail.com) and your prize(s) will be in the post 'toot sweet' :) It's Jenny's first win so I'm extra pleased.

Which reminds me girlies, I did go out on Friday and post all your prizes that were drawn during and after holiday.

This week's prize is a mix of Christmas of and non-Christmas - first up it's this lovely Penny Black Slapstick 'Warmest Wishes' stamp, kindly donated by Viv:


as well as the same paper pad from me, well a new one of course, that I used in my snippets card today by My Mind's Eye called 'Quilting Bee', you can see what I meant about it being a mix of sewing and also good for masculine cards:
The Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 9th November and the gates will open again at midnight UK time on the Saturday as usual. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above. In fact, you might want to play for only one part of the prize - both items do constitute one prize but if there's only one thing you'd use please do say in a comment and I'd just draw again for the second item as well.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a lovely week!

Di (and Parsnip who is sitting right beside me here waving at you)
x

43 comments:

  1. My!! Thanky you for such a lovely write up bout me and for the stamp which I have been craving after. Your a real sweetie. Crying in me ankie now. Tanks sooooooooo much.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww that garden scene was absolutely brilliant I loved it well done Mrs A!!! and well done Jenny love you too and huggles to Di xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. So very very happy Mrs A is up there this week - she should win every challenge she entered that beautiful piece of art into - it is astonishingly beautiful.
    Thank you so much for your kind and lovely words huni, you have made me cry a little tonight. Sending you all hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow ... Mrs. A's garden scene is AMAZING!!! Congrats to her ... she surely deserves your special treat for all her hard work - it is BEAUTIFUL! If that's what her garden really looks like, then WOW about that too! :)

    Great picks for the rest of the entries. So many fabulous cards. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Di, Mrs A's garden scene is awesome!! Wow! The details are so beautiful. Congrats to the other showcased entries too.
    I love your bicycle card, perfect for a young man, and the trick or treat story is so precious, he'll soon learn :)
    I'm just playing along for fun again this week Di, so no thank you to the fabby prizes :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations Mrs A...Your diorama was fabulous!
    Congratulations Jenny...your card was so wonderful!

    Well di...this little fellow is going to love his adorable card.
    I always love these images and the 5 and the custom job on his name make this card so special.

    It is nearly midnite and I should be asleep as we are getting up at silly oclock to drive to America...Michaels has 80% off of Halloween...wish me luck finding something left! Hoping to find enamel dots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats to winners
    gorgeous creations
    have a lovely Sunday DI
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hulloooo Parsnip big wave from sunny summery Oz.. and hugs for Di and perlite hullo to Miss {must be on my best behaviour now.. eh?..}

    .. well done, Mrs A and totally agree on smashing award very kind, Miss....

    and hope to be back meybe with a card...sorry for things full on here :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loving your sweet LOTV snippets card Di. I love the personalisation too.

    Mrs A has surpassed herself and totally deserves a prize from the toy box. Hope she goes on to win the other challenge too as it would be well-deserved.

    Aww, thanks for picking my little ole card too! Bless ya. LOVE the other picks.

    Have a fab week.

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    PS: Dunno nuffin about pumpkins!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di,
    well I am speechless and that doesn't happen often.lol.
    I really wanted this prize, and I am sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! pleased to have won it.
    Thank you soooooooooooooooooooo! much.
    I have made such great friends since joining the playground.
    I am so glad I found your blog, and it's all due to my wonderful and good friend. Sue J.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cingrats to everyone!! So many beautiful entries last week - Mrs A's garden creation is divine and I really love the blues in Jenny's tree card and those baubles are fab - your card is very sweet for a 5 yr old too... have a great week Hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow that's one fabulous card of Mrs A's and I don't think I've ever seen a card with so much detail. Definitely an A* of cards.

    I've just entered my card for this week Di. Love yours too and I've used that image several times for little boys - it's just great.

    If my name is lucky enough to jump out of the bag this week then I'd probably only use the design papers not the stamp. Thanks anyway.xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such beautiful notables this week - congrats everyone!! I agree that Mrs A's garden scene was just amazing! Di, the card you made for the 5-yr old is just the cutest with all those great patterns!! I love the tiny houndstooth!! Cuter than cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Bowled over by Mrs A's garden scene! Love your snippets card, Di - love to come here with all my playmates xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Di, I think Josh will be thrilled with his card. Love the colour combo - that MME paper stack looks really yummy. I'M pleased that Mrs. A got a prize for her creation - I stopped by her blog - it is absolutely superb. I don't know how she had the patience! Beautiful cards in the gallery this week. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow you had a hard job to pick all these highlights for the week. Some really beautiful work, and Mrs. A's gives me pleasure each time I've seen it. Such a labor of love, and so much intricacy in the detail. It really did look like her little spot of heaven that she's created in her garden. Loved all the other entries too. There is so much talent displayed here in the Playground. I hope you didn't scold Mr. P for any mischief that he didn't report back on. Poor little Bear, he had his hands full trying to keep all of us in line, and chaperone. Give 'im a big hug & a special treat for all his hard work. Now I'm off to enjoy some of the lovelies I see already submitted here. TFS & Hugs (and one for Parsnip too!)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Forgot to comment on your pretty card.You know my weakness for the LOTV, and this is wonderful for a little boy. Those backing papers are just great with this sweet image. TFS & hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  18. MrsA deserves a medal or something for that amazing project, it was truly stunning and I loved the inspirations pics too. Wonderful other picks this week and I love your cute little card. I must have been hiding in the bushes when you opened up the gates this morning, I was peering through the bars for ages trying to get someone's attention. Parsnip was resolutely ignoring me, he wants to watch out, would hate for him to be tied to a rocket on Tuesday!!

    Hugs
    Brenda
    PS. I spent part of yesterday making watermarks! Have you noticed?

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miss Di

    Fabulous post as always .. .. and a great snippet make too.

    I have to agree with everyone else (now that I have picked my jaw up off the table) and say what an astonishing and brilliant entry Mrs A shared with us all. Totally amazing!

    I wish my real garden looked like that!!!

    Love all the other inspirational showcased projects too. What a talented bunch of playmates!!

    Have a great week everyone.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oh l love this Di and Josh will love it too! these are great images and l've said this before they are great for quickness lovely b/p's too....l also agree regarding Mrs A's garden she did an amazing creation so inspiring too! and so nice of you to give Mrs A that wonderful stamp set l'll be looking forward to seeing what Mrs A will create using it, you have chosen a good selection again Di as always and thank you for the chance of this weeks candy l really like that Penny black stamp and gorgeous papers xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. I am chuffed to bits that Jenny won, she does make some gorgeous cards.

    Lots of hugs to you and Parsnip

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello Di, it wisnae me!!! I didnae pick the pumpkins, honest, Miss!

    Your little boy's card is super - love the papers and that image is so cute. Like all the little details such as his name and the number 5 - bet Josh is chuffed with it.

    Great showcase and certainly agree with you on Mrs A's fabulous garden ... wish I had a fraction of her ingenuity :)

    Congratulations to Jenny - another worthy winner.

    Just 12 days to go to MD (moving day) but still managing to find a wee bit of crafting time ... though for how much longer is anyone's guess.

    Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. No, thank you. Didn't want to forget that.

    Awesome card for the wee lad, Di! He will love it!! I love your write-up, as always!! Well done on the prize for Mrs. A! That patio mockup is beyond beyond!! And all the other showcased artists are worthy as well!

    Sorry to hear you are having rain in the Playground, but you know I love me the little groffies, so I'm happy to come and splash about in my willies!! Hugs and more hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  24. Sorry to hear of the downpour but the ducks are happy...and the wee frog too!

    Dropping by with a quick card...wow...the playgeound is filling up already...off to save Sam and Mrs A a seat on the swings!

    ReplyDelete
  25. WOW! What beautiful entries this week. I shall try and play catch up lunchtime!
    Love your card Miss. Glad to see you are back!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card for josh - bet he loves it!

    And Mrs A's work of art was a-maz-ing (to paraphrase Craig on Stictly!)

    Lovely & sunny here this morning, so hope it clears up soon for you
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just entering for the fun of it this week Miss after me super surprise win last week. The ducks are ever so appy this morning cos the pond has got much bigger over night.
    Super little card you have made for a little boy. Pride of place on the mantle piece I should think.
    hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  28. What a cute little guy and I love how he's giving his doggy friend a ride!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Your card is cute and I have to agree Mrs. A is A for awesome. There are so many fabulous cards / creations - thanks for your inspirations and thanks to all those who link up with theirs.

    ReplyDelete
  30. I would never leave you in a chocolate bar lurch! That may have been me leaving all the pumpkin innards strewn about those. Sweet little birthday card for Josh. That garden diorama is gorgeous. I wish I were there right now!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hia Miss. I am baaaaack again! Please do not larff at my project today or else I will need to borrow Parsnip to cry with!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hi Di, I just love your playground -the work that can be found there is simply amazing - you showcase such treasures- Mrs. A's garden - i already left a comment on her blog - my mouth still drops open when I see it! And thanks for showing one of my card again - you are so sweet! Don't worry, if you don't find the time to comment - I won't be upset. Oh - I am just playing for fun this time, don't include me in the drawing, although the prizes are great!

    ReplyDelete
  33. forgot to mention - I am still chuckling about your comment about my new snippet obsession.....

    ReplyDelete
  34. Back with a Christmas planner.
    Iève got my three in now...wish I hadnèt submitted the nativity now as my next post is an ornament to match this planner.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thank you for such a warm welcome to the Playground, last week. I hope to return many, many more times!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Have come over to play with a snippets card today. I love your card, the papers are so lush and yummy xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Di, Sam suggested I join in as I am always making items from my ever expanding snippets box (indeed, I tend to bin dive in friends recyling bins so I end up with even more!!).
    My card is made from leftovers, but so is the book mark on a later post-but I wasnt sure if it has to be a card?

    Some lovely makes on here and hopefully I got the gist of this right?
    Thanks
    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  38. Not sure, but I have duplicate posts..... so sorry.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Lots of eye candy this week, that's for sure! Di, you sure do know talented people. I have to agree Mrs. A outdid herself. OMG, what detail. I'm glad you are back home.. you were missed. Well, enough said, I think I'll see if Parsnip wants to go to the movies. That is if you will let him out of your sight! By the way....pumpkin shavings? I'm thinking there is a stranger lurking about!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Back with a Fall candle jar.
    Working hard at using up snippets of this and that...this was fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Just popped my last entry in Miss. I will try to get back later on today to visit the lovely creations from the rest of the Playground x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Couldn't agree more that Mrs A is a star - what an amazing project! She's in great company too with a whole gallery of stunning makes from the others. I think I made a complete pigs ear of linking my card so thank you for sorting it out. I'll say no thanks to the prize - I'm playing along for the pleasure of joining in! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Di,
    I am a bit late entering this week. The week seems to have run away with me.lol.
    Loved your snippets card Fab design and wonderful papers used in this gem of a creation.
    I received my winnings today. THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOO! much again.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.