Sunday 8 December 2013

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 102

Straight in this week, no messin' - here's my snippets card:

I used:

- 5" x 5" square white card blank

- a snippet of white card, also 5" square, to layer the background on just in case I got it wrong and had to do a bit of trimming down - which for once I didn't have to do :)

- snippets of plain red card and also patterned papers that were tucked inside the LOTV 'Classic Christmas' paper pad - if possible I store patterned snippets this way. I just used some leftover strips of the paper to create a sort of patchwork effect by putting the tartan paper at top and bottom and then holly patterned strips across, left to right and up to down - simple and it makes a little paper go a long way

- the image is Penny Black's 'Duckie and Hedgies' stamp, stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured with Polychromos pencils. An early Christmas present to me from me and a first play, yay! I love them and can't wait to use them to add shading to images coloured with Pro Markers (the main reason I bought them). Die cut using a Spellbinders Nesties hexagon die

- 'Icicle' Stickles added to snowflakes and snow on the finished image, which was mounted onto a red backing

- sentiment is by Craftwork Cards, popped onto an oval of red card

- white Josy Rose nail heads in each corner

One super-fast snippets card :)

This week picks are as follows:
I adore this ATC, so many lovely details, made by Ike (Suzy).

And Sam (Hettie) made this beautiful  album for her Mum - with so many lovely embellishments. I can't begin to think how much work went into it.

Karen P brought us this 'fantabulous' Christmas card, made for her Mum.  What a great way to use flowers for a very special card.

I adore this red and white Christmas card, made by Sandra H, really lovely.

Such a beautiful selection of boxes, made by Andrea (Kanda). A great way to use up those odds and ends of papers I bet we all have from magazine freebies.

And Viv made this absolutely divine card, with every frond on the wreath punched out from snippets. Brilliant idea Viv, although I truly can't see why you only made the one instead of the batch you'd planned :)

And last but not least, 'cos it really intrigues me:
A Christmas star, made by Andrea (Kanda) from just one piece of 6" x 3" paper and some glue. Isn't it beautiful?

I've been through the entries several times and didn't find any new playmates - so I do hope I didn't skip past and miss anyone out.

As always, there are so many beautiful and clever snippets makes I'd love to show - but looking at the clock here I'm over my allowed time at the laptop so best to move on!

Here's the winner of the prize draw for the bumper bundle of stamps, die set and embossing folder:
Oh well done Bonnie. After many weeks of playing in the Playground I'm almost sure this is the very first time Mr Random picked you as winner of our normal weekly prize draw, yay! Looking at the goodies, and your lovely blog with such a distinctive style I think you'll love them. Can you just please drop me an email letting me know if your address is the same please and the goodies will be posted to you ASAP.

Its taken me forever to work out who entered a total of three times over the past couple of weeks to be in with a chance of our 100 Weeks Joanna Sheen prize. In the end we had 29 qualifying playmates so I grouped and numbered everyone (by that time the numbering was random too!!) and used the random thingie again to do the draw. The winner is:
Pat
And well done to you Pat, one of our more recent 'new girls' - and very talented as well. Can you just please drop me an email letting me know your address (di_wray@hotmail.com) and the goodies will be posted to you ASAP.

As always, I do wish everyone could win something each week so I hope you come back and play again girls. I know that lots of you play just for the fun anyway :)

This coming week's prize is smaller than we've had recently, but very cute no? It's a stamp, the same as the one I used on my snippets card today - Penny Black's 'Duckie and Hedgies'. Although I only recently bought the stamp(s) I see that the date it was first introduced was 2004 - almost a collector's item :)

We're still operating as usual and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 14th December and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize this week, as shown above.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Hope you have a lovely week! Remember, the Playground Nativity Play rehearsals start soon.

Di - and of course Parsnip
x

44 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cards :) love the cute stamp on your card Di how sweet is that duck! Will be playing along I've got so many snippets of card to be used up! Hope your having a lovely wknd :)

    Vic x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to the lucky winners.
    Your card is very cute

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card Miss Di, love the traditional colours. You can enter it at PB&More@Allsorts (trad colours) and Penny Black Sat Challenge (Christmas) too. Well done to the winners too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card! I always love tartan...it is so traditionally Christmas. We have a tartan throw at the lake that we bring out in the evening to throw over your knees. It was my MILs and I always forget to bring it home as it would look great thrown over the bench on my porch!

    Love your card! Wonderful image and shaded and coloured so beautifully.

    Will be back later with entries.

    ReplyDelete
  5. All beautiful creations from every one else - there is a lot of talent here Miss. I wish I could makes cards like Viv, beautiful embellishments like Ike, scrapbook like the lovelt Hettie, colour like Sandra, and make boxes & decorations like Andrea and make cards with my snippets that are as beautiful and classy as yours! Hope to pop back later in the week xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is adorable--love how you made the background! Fabulous selection of picks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there Miss - ah so glad our playground had a very special birfd'y it was such fun!!

    ..and wow do I love the card .. esp the PB image - ultra cute!!

    .. and the tartan paper you just dont see that over here is so lovely!! also well done to winners plus the lovely shares, so fab!! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  8. So many wonderful creations, including your gorgeous snippets card, Di - such a cute image - hope you're going to link for CHNC challenge extra for December x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Di, the image is sooo cute! lovely backing papers too! another great showcase of creations and thank you for featuring mine ...many congratulations to Bonnie and Pat enjoy your prizes xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this Penny Black image and you've made such a lovely card with it.

    Congrats to Bonnie and Pat on winning all those luscious prizes between them.

    Great show cased entries too.

    Will be back once Mrs A has made some more eggnog and I have my homework done!

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gorgeous card Di,
    congrats to all winners
    hugs

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awwww!! Luva duck. Yes please for a chance for Mr Duckie.
    I will try and use some snipets on my 12 days of Christmas so I can enter.
    ps. I still have all the baby ducks and chickens under lock and key just in case anybody has a bright spark (idea)!
    Hugs Mrs A.
    pps. Gotta go and round up some frenchie type hens now.
    ppps. I only got 10 lords a leaping!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous showcase. Well done everyone. Hope to join in this week, lots of bits and pieces to use up! xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. OOOO Showcased!! Chuffed to mintballs! Lovely makes from the Playground again and hedgies and ducks! Perfect combo I think... and am gonna stop ANYONE from pulling Karen's hair and running away after the nice things she said - LOL

    ReplyDelete
  15. Please can Mrs A or someone else sneak in some mulled wine or even some sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ladies, you've all given us lots of wonderful inspiration with your fabulous notables! Well done everyone!
    And Di, those hedgie pals with Mr quacky are adorable!! I adore the plaid and holly papers and hexagon shape! The sparkly snow is the cutest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Gorgeous showcase of projects and cards!
    I LOVE your card Di! That plaid just makes me happy all over - along with such a cute image! Beautiful!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats to the winners and some fab entries!! I love your card Di and have really missed joining in with everyone else. Hope your feeling a lot better with your back lots of huggles Sue xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. First off can I say how pleased I was to be lucky enough to win the Joanna Sheen goodies. I love coming along to the playground and the prize is just the icing on the cake! Thank you Di for all the hard work and effort which must go into making the playground such a lovely place to be. Congratulations again for your 100 weeks and here's to many more. I love your card Di - that tartan paper is lush and that Penny Black stamp is just so sweet. It stands out beautifully with the darker holly paper underneath it.
    Thanks again for the lovely
    prize. xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. ooh some lovely makes.
    Just entering for fun this week.

    Mr Linky wouldnt let me upload my image though!

    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aw, this is such a cutie. You know I love the PB hedgies, and this goofy duck is coming in a close 2nd. Sarn got me hooked on this guy last year, and now I see more ducks with the hedgies. Loved how you used tartan paper with the holly border and the hexagon shape was per-fick with Duckie & friends. So cute. TFS & I was delighted to see some familiar names as the big winners. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  22. HI Di, Just zipping by to let you know I've posted a card for this week but it's just for fun - I don't need the prize. Thank you. Love your card and WOW these snippet highlights are just getting far too sophisticated. Feel a bit of a phoney with my cards! Have a good week. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Di

    Fabulous snippet make from you Miss!! Great image and fabby snippets.

    Sorry I played truant last week but I made it this week! Yay!!

    Don't worry .. .. I won't be bringing the Christmas glass into the playground! LOL!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Great card Di, love the papers against the image.
    Congrats to the winners and once again some great showcased cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love that stamp Di and that card made with tartan is fabulous.
    Well done Bonnie and Pat.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Another gorgeous card Di - hope to join in again if I get the chance.
    Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  27. That duck and the hedgies just make me smile - wonderful card, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Another super card, Di, and the stamp is really cute - the duck doesn't seem to mind hugging the prickly twosome :) I think there must be tartan is in my DNA because I love all things tartan including that paper :)) Another fabulous showcase of the snippeteers gorgeous cards and projects. I can't wait to have more time to join in again! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Awww, I LOVE your snippets make, Di! I just get weak in the knees over plaid, especially Christmas plaid, and it is SO perfect with this sweet image!!

    Your showcases are the best! Well, doh, that's why you picked them! (It's early here!) Seriously, we have some really talented playmates!!

    Please do take care! Your friends are loyal and only want you to get in top shape asap. I notice a slow-down over the whole Intertube as people are scrambling (like me) with only 8 of 78 cards made. Yikes, gotta dash!! Big hugs, Darnell

    P.S. No thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I'm trying to use up a lot of me snippets Miss, in between writing and finishing Xmas cards, hope to be back later on this week! Fanks eva so much for the chance xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lovely card DI, super cute image and I love the tartan paper.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello Di,

    Your card is very cute. I've begun to recognize the Penny Black stamps - love them.

    So many cool things here today -- and most are not cards!

    It's a brrr 12 degrees when I came to work this morning.

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your little hedgehogs with their feathered friend is darling (I was going to write, 'just ducky', but that's bad punning. Very bad!). Your colouring = fabulous!! And if your dazzler wasn't enough,you've treated us to a plethora of lovely pretties of all kinds! Such talent you attract, Di (well, except for me...I'm just bumbling along!). Another wonderfully inspiring, day-brightening visit. Added a smattering of tags to the link...Hugs,
    c

    ReplyDelete
  34. Sorry I had to drop and run this morning. Jack came in and I had to run with him. Literally, we raced back and forth from the dining room table to the TV. Good thing there's some refreshment at the Playground this week! Your sweet card reminds me of a filmstrip we showed in Sunday School. It was How to Hug a Hedgehog. The answer was, very carefully! This duck looks like he's being very careful!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Here I am with a snippets entry.
    As per - I'm playing along for fun . . . so no thanks to the cute PB stamp. Good luck to everyone else.

    PSST: Just half-inched some Sherry from the cupboard for Hazel . . . where's she got to?

    Hugs
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Di - wow - well on the way to a big number of entries again - here is my #1 - I hope to get back again but happily I am now working lots so time has dwindled to a low level for my creativity... No Thank You to the lovely prize this time - too cutesy for me... have a great week - hope your back is feeling much better - Hugs Mxx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Forgot to say keep me out of the running for the prize this week.

    ReplyDelete
  38. You got me hooked on your challenge Di! I feel rude saying this and I don't usually win things anyway but just in case I have already got this stamp. Hope to join in next week too. Love your cards. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  39. Okay Miss I've finished me cards, managed to do three this week, sorry I ain't been visiting but having to go Xmas shopping with me Ma and now she's 'nackered and me even more so and I can hardly walk or sit, huge sorry to all for not being able to see 'em xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hi Di,
    what a super card. I love your wonderfully designed snippets cards.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love the classic papers on your card, Di, and the PB image is adorable!

    Take care!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card, Miss Di! Congratulations to your winners. I'm off to the tree house with my cough candy xxx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Gorgous card Di and that stamp is just so fabulous. Thanks for showcasing a couple of my 'snippets and sorry I've only got one make this week - I'm running a bit late xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Squeaking in at the last moment...nearly forgot to link this one...This is very very old stash...feels good to use it up!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.