Sunday 12 January 2014

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 107

Coo, a real flurry of 65 entries this week now that the festivities are over - lovely to see you all.

My snippets card for this week was made for Len's great-nephew and I just wanted to make something that was fun:
After rootling through my stamps I then went on the hunt for a digital stamp and found this - it made me smile :)

All the more so since I found this comment from Viv on last week's Snippets Playground post  where I'd mentioned someone 'letting off New Year fireworks in the Playground and damaging the tree house roof':  MISS!! MISS!! Can tell you it wasn't Darn Sarn who made the hole in the roof BUT... she put a small goldfish bowl on Parsnip's head and tied a rocket to his back to see if the hole was big enough for poor bear to fit through.... 

Yup, I got the giggles, especially as this card was made before Viv commented, just the vision of Parsnip being rocketed into space. He's not a happy bear I can tell you 'cos I found him up in a tree in the nearby woodlands :(

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- the image is called 'Bot - Fire Away' from Funky Hand - here - great image for a boy I think. I coloured him with Pro Markers and just added a couple of 'googly eyes'

- the sentiment is a LOTV one from their 'Small General Greetings' set, stamped with SU 'Real Red'. It was then die cut using an XCut die from their 'Speech Bubbles' set 

- all the backing papers and card came from the snippets folder

And onto this week's picks - not an easy job I can tell you! I don't do weekly 'themes' as you know - but this week I've looked for clever ways of using lots of snippets when doing my picks - mostly as it's so hard to pick from 65 entries! We'll be back to normal next week :)

I chose Sarn's fabulous batch of gift tags as, not only are they beautiful, they're such a brilliant way to use up snippets.

Such a lovely card, again using lots of snippets, made by Mo of ScrappyMo - and the parchment background and the butterflies were part of a Playground prize a while back.

I absolutely had to include this card made by Kanda (Andrea), it's so beautiful and shows that even the smallest of snippets make the most lovely flowers. I know that Jules for example will sit and punch a ton of flowers from snippets to always have some to hand.

This card made by Sue J really caught my eye - I adore the primary colours and there's no shortage of snippets!

I included this really elegant CAS card, made by Kath, to show just how cleverly shades/snippets of the same colour can work together - if you're brave enough of course :)

I just adore this beautiful card, made by Christine, lots of plain and patterned snippets used too - love it!

And we have two new playmates this week:
Shona brought this lovely card to show, using the leftover piece of an oval die she'd cut previously. Help, I don't always think to keep those, yet they make fabulous apertures!

Pippa brought this fabulous, and very clever easel card for her first visit. It obviously uses snippets but each of them is in seasonal colours as well as embossed to show the four seasons - how clever.

Welcome girls, hope you came back and play again really soon!

The winner of the LOTV 'Babies' Art Pad and the sweet little bunting die from last week is:
Well done Irene! I already have your address so the prize will be in the post to you ASAP.

And this week's prize, which I doubt you will have guessed although mine is in the photo of today's card, is this sweet little brass easel:
I totally love the Yankee Candle jar lid that Mo gave me when she was over here in the Summer, and it will always be my favourite when taking photos of cards. I've been looking for something similar as a Playground prize for ages with no success but then I spotted this over at Hope and Chances :) It's a sturdy little thing (approx. 2.5" wide and 4" tall) and does the job very well - as well as being something a bit different as a prize.

The snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 18th January and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Di - and of course Parsnip
x

40 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheery little chap! I might even like skateboarding if I had my own ower and controls...lol

    Love the bright cheery colours and the ggogly eyes.

    Thanks for hilighting my card.,..It was fun to make it and will be deivered to Glamour Girl tomorrow. We are heading into the city for 11am brunch. The grankids are excited as they like to visit with "the cat wholives under the bed"...lol

    Some wonderful makes this week and fun to see some new faces. I made it round to everyone visiting...Wonderful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Di, love your fun rocket card, the googly eyes look fantastic! Great showcase too. I'm just playing along for fun this week, so no thankyou to the gorgeous prize :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I missed the google eyes and had to go bak and check! I love the feeling of speed on the card. Just cos I has been suspiciously quiet dun mean I is up to something. Hmm strike dat out as I is!! Can I go in the pot dis week Miss.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG - such a FUN card - you rock, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is too adorable, Di! Love the picks--wow, what talent in this group!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a brilliant fun card Di - it's just perfect. Poor Parsnip, and what wonderful cards they are all brilliant. Thank you for the prize.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di loved your card it make me giggle lol thanks for highlighting my card! and congrats to Irene as well huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Brilliant card Di for Lens Nephew the image is so cool makes me laugh great showcase as always and congrats to Irene xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Super card, Di. I love that little stand - norty girl - you've made me go and look at that website and now I think there's going to be a crafty spend because there are some other lovely goodies there too. x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love reading your posts Di - so funny. Another great snippet card this week - must check that site out as sometimes you need an image fast and just haven't got a stamp suitable. I need a muscle man (digi not real - yuc!) at the moment and can't find one anywhere suitable.
    Love the entries you have picked out this week too. Always lovely to see other's ideas.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Di . . . now that Robot with a rocket is a fun image. Lovely and vibrant card.

    Hope Parsnip recovers soon. I blame the mulled wine!

    Thanks for showcasing my tags. I see I'm in good company with lots of other lovely ideas. Mwah!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - now Darn Sarn knows it was me that snitched!! LOL
    But I risked a little giggle meself when I saw your card! Bet Parsnip's eyes were googly too when he was catapulted through the roof......
    Great showcase this week Di - the playground playmates are getting cleverer and cleverer!xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Now that's a cute card with those googlie eyes, but Parsnip must have been frightened up a tree due to the rocket blast-off!! LOL
    Congrats to the notables this week and to Irene!
    No thanks to the prize this week, I'm just playing for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your card Di, especially the googly eyes and super colours. Thanks for showing my card this week. Congrats to Irene and the other picks are fabulous xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I have some old stamps like him! He is fun though. As always a gorgeous card from you and fabulous picks too Miss.
    I think Sue J is so clever - that fabulous layout is well fabulous dahling!
    Kath's CAS card is brilliant and so beautiful! As is Mo's and Kanda, that is an OMGEE card, truly beautiful!
    Thank you for the chance Miss - I have seen those little beauties and would love to own one. Have a good week and don't overdo it xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lots of wonderful entries.
    I especially love your use of googlie eyes (i have a bit of a fetish for them and have quite a collection). Check out eyebombing.com for some great uses!
    Kyla

    ReplyDelete
  17. I think we both had robots on our mind, as I was just fooling with one on a card myself. Love the googles! Congrats, Irene, and all of the other standouts!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your card is fabulous, fantastic image, and it really made me smile, thanks for showing my card along with all the other stunners.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your card really made me smile ....thank you.

    What a lovely selection of cards there was last week.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Tee hee! That rocket robot sure is a cutey! So what I'm hear is it was Sarn in the clubhouse with a candlestick? I mean fireworks? Oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely lot of snippets this week, and so varied, which is really good. Thank you for your visit, Di, and if you are going to the Crop, and if I make it, I will bring my brayer and make up pads etc and we can have a go. I will bring the Gelli too. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Fun prize, nonetheless I am saying not for me this week.

    ReplyDelete
  23. No rapped knuckles in my class. Just fun and experimenting. xxx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  24. Di you are an absolute star - I did a google search for images but it didn't find me digital ones. I never thought of Mo Manning - the image is perfect and I got the slam dunk one as well as somebody has requested a basket ball card too. I'm sure they go round the shops and look for stuff you can't get!
    Thank you for being a star. I'm working on my snippet card - there seems to be a build up of snippets around my desk and floor area at the moment.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Di,
    I was trying to sneak into the playground unnoticed as I have been skiving again! I see that there has been some shenanigans in my absence - at least I can't be blamed as I weren't here!

    No thanks for the prize this week, just playing for fun.

    Hope that your back continues to improve. xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely card Miss but I am not sure Parsnip wants to be reminded of that trip! I thought sending Parsnip to you he would have a happy and fairly quiet life but not so. Poor thing!
    I shall be bringing my whip back later to get some order in the playground!
    dunno - I turn my back for two minutes whilst I tidy up and polish my halo.....
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Sorry I'm late to play. Love the rocket dude! He reminds me of #1 grandson! Love the picks and the easel! Have a good week.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hullo Di sorry so late getting over here.. am not blogging much as holiday mode here and visitors etc.

    ..well what a cracker-jack your card is :D love it! reminds me of tinman in Wizard of Oz.

    ... and what great prize, you are really thoughtful... but will say no as it would cost an arm and leg to post to Oz.
    Lovely playmate art too. Take care!
    have two snippety ones now from Dec. had busy time, back then.
    love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card, Di. Flushed with success from my first attempt I have had another go! Thanks for hosting x

    ReplyDelete
  30. A robot on a skateboard with a firework! Lol, very funny, and poor parsnip, he does suffer for his art you know.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  31. What a doozy, I meant to say how beautiful the highlighted cards are this week, fab way of using up lots of snippets.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  32. This is great, especially the googly eyes, I'm sure it went down a treat! That robot's face even looks as though he has some mischief in mind. There were lots of lovely entries last week, and I love the ones you have picked out. It must be so difficult to choose when they are all so good.

    ReplyDelete
  33. yeah I've managed to join in again. Love this challenge and have made two snippet cards this week.
    I feel rude saying no to prize Di but I have quite a few card holders so really don't need another one even though it's very pretty. Please don't think bad of me. You are so generous providing prizes each week.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just popped by for a quick jaunt about the playground - just for fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Great story to go along with your rocket and fabulous card, Di! Big hugs to Parsnip!

    Wonderful highlights, as well! Congratulations to all those showcased. Your little card stand is so sweet, but no thank you from me again.

    I'm off to a luncheon, but I'll be back later to see everyone's cards on the playground!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  36. Oh my goodness, your little robot card is adorable!! I love his googly eyes and I love his rocket! Such a cute and fun card! That little easel is very pretty too, how cool that you have that up for a prize. Thanks for having me over to the playground! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  37. This is such a fun bright card. He's gonna love it! This guy just looks ready for any kind of 'trouble' and ready to deal with whatever. He's just cute! Gosh, I don't envy you with all the highlight selections...would be way too hard to choose. You did a bang-up job with those you selected. They are outstanding! Love the easel stand too. I've been searching Yankee Candle shops looking for something similar to yours. It's so good of you to offer this as a prize! TFS & hope that back is soon healed. Watch out for your bottle. Don't want any spills.

    ReplyDelete
  38. I'm sure this fun card will be the hit of the birthday. Love those eyes. They give the little skate boarder a real personality. Might I add poor, poor Parsnip. Well if Sarn didn't do it.....what was Mrs. A up to? I suppose Parsnip isn't talking, and I can't say I would either! Great shares this week. You have some talented friends. That Easel is a beauty.... Off for now...Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Finally making it over with a card. Will visit everyone tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  40. I turns me back for 2 secs and 30 more peeps have added their cards. You is on a roll Miss.
    p.s. Ave you looked at that large space behind the bike shed lately Miss cos those scally wags are building sumfinck suspiciously like a joy ride!!
    hugs anonymous.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.