Sunday 26 January 2014

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 109

Crumbs, another really busy week in the Playground with 72 entries - great to see so many of you playing along :)

My snippets card for this week is for my 'in-house critic', to be hidden away until Valentine's Day:

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card blank

- the stamped image is by Penny Black called 'hot pants', coloured with Pro Markers and Polychromos pencils blended with Sansodor. Die cut with a Nesties oval die and then pierced round the edge with my much loved Tim Holtz piercing tool (thank you Sam, I love it loads) - the piercing is made easier 'cos you just set the depth using the little ratchet mechanism for holes the same size. Then the image was mounted onto a snippet of navy card, hand cut in the usual way

- a snippet of pearlescent navy blue card for the first layer, topped with a snippet of white card which was run through the Cuttlebug using Cuttlebug's 'Swiss Dots' embossing folder. Had to do three passes, carefully moving the folder and making sure I didn't get edge lines running across the card - one row of dots did get flattened but I just gently popped those back out by using an embossing tool on the reverse

- a fish tail was cut by hand from heart patterned paper from the Forever Friends 'Best of British' paper pad, then layered onto more navy card

- the final touch was to add Glossy Accents to the balloon

No sentiment, I thought the little hedgie in his patterned 'kecks' and holding his heart shaped balloon said enough. For our non-British playmates, 'kecks' is Northern slang for trousers or underpants :) And anyhow, I'm bound to write something soppy inside the card.

I'd like to add this into into the following challenges:

Freshly Made Sketches #120, love this sketch and had such fun following it
Penny Black and More 'Love is in the air'

Penny Black Saturday Challenge 'New' - the stamp is new

And moving swiftly on, here are my picks for this week:
I love this card, made by Elizabeth, lots of lovely little bits and pieces making for a gorgeous creation.

Another beautiful snippets card, made by Viv - a baby card to treasure for sure!

And another baby card, this time made by Cathy - don't you love how the swirls make those beautiful butterflies look as if they're just about to fly right off the card :)

This card was made by Greta, using the shaving foam marbling technique for the wonderful flower. Do go and see, the post did make me giggle (you know how shaving foam will suddenly burst into life like a mini volcano) plus there's a link on how to play and have a go yourself.

More baby cards, from our Sam. Lovely use of snippets and I just love the images Sam used - how clever to use the little fairies and their washing line :) 

Tammy has been back playing with us and this gorgeous Christmas card uses lots of snippets - right down to a little piece of doily peeking out at the bottom. Lovely!

After a little absence, Jean came back to play with two amazing upcycled Christmas cards - they truly do look as if they belong on the 'best cards' shelf in a card shop! Do go and take a peek at the other one featuring a robin, it's also lovely.

And almost at the last minute, Greta came back with another card I had to show - see the red die cut sentiment (Joy) - what a clever idea to layer it onto the white one underneath!

Coo, we have a few baby and Christmas cards this week :)

And we have four new playmates this week - yay, welcome ladies! Please say hello to:
Susan(rainy) brought this absolutely fabulous Christmas card - so much lovely detail.

This fabulous brooch was made by Jenny of Jens Inky Adventures.

Patricia made this gorgeous card, loads of lovely detail right down to the little drops of dew on the roses and leaves.

This adorable stepper card was made by Teresa - love it and those huge eyes would melt a heart of stone :)

I ought to mention here that, like a few other blogging friends, I'm having problems following and also commenting on people using Google+. I'm not ignoring you girls!

Also, a couple of girls have verification turned on, which always takes more time when people are trying to comment. I've found that the safest way to stop spam is simply not to allow anonymous comments - since I did that I don't even have to moderate comments. Ha, having said that some chap did sneak through the other day offering something for sale :( But, it's the first piece of spam for months - she says, thereby unleashing a flood. Sigh.

The winner of the Woodware 'Patchwork Boat' stamp from last week is:

Congratulations Greta - this seems to be your week! Can you please drop me an email with your address in and I'll post the stamp off to you ASAP (di_wray@hotmail.com)

And this coming week's prize, hopefully still in enough time for Valentine's Day cards is of course:

Yup, a Penny Black stamp the same as the one I used on today's card - called 'hot kecks pants' :)

Plus, a Tim Holtz 'Craft Pick' piercing tool as well - the toy box is very full here right now, to the point I can hardly get the lid on it. And that makes life fun 'cos my big expanding snippets folder, which is so full it won't close, sits on top - if that wobbles off I dread to think of having to re-sort all those snippets into colours!

The snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 1st February January and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Both items are one prize but can you please say if you aren't playing for either of the items in this week's prize 'cos then I could do a second draw for whatever it is the first prize winner doesn't want.

Please NEVER be afraid to say you're just playing for fun - it doesn't offend me at all, and the Playground is first and foremost for us to have fun, the prizes are just a thank you for playing :)

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week, hang onto your hats in the UK today as more gales are forecast,  and hope to see you in the Playground.

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)

55 comments:

  1. Up really late and first to catch your snippet posting. The cards chosen this week are just stunning - scrolling down I was just blown away. Love your Valentine card too - that image is just so cute. Love it.
    Have a good Sunday - I'm off to a Craft Show in the morning so I guess I should get off to bed soon.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Di! I love your cute card. Of course the image is just adorable but really like it used with this sketch too. PRECIOUS!!!!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Di, the hedgie in his heart undies is so cute! Great take on the sketch too. I'm just playing for fun this week so no thank you to the lovely prizes. Thankyou for the shout out too, lots of fabulous cards in the playground :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've buried my snippets... and my will to live, somewhere on my desk. They may both reemerge soon. Or not. I forgot that PB challenge was "new" which is odd since that stamp has only been sitting out on my desk for over a week. I noticed I visited almost all the cards you picked out for special notice. I think that means they are eye-catching for sure. Cutie Patootie card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. aw, Miss dat is ultra cute.. and glad you explained re his pants.. we call them daks over here... what great selection o f cards too..sigh did not join in last week...have cards waiting in wings to post, so need to get on 'pooter and post them.
    Made one with vellum yest.. first time in ages used it, love it!! every blessing esp. for health, dear Di.. an love my TH too.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Adorable card Di and I LOVE those boxers!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your card Di - just hope Mr Di doesn't read your blog! Super picks this week - sorry I haven't done much commenting again, just seem to be very short of time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Miss . . . LOVE your Valentines Card for the "in-house critic". I think you're right . . . the image speaks for itself and no sentiment is required on the front.

    Great picks of the week and nice to see 4 new playmates. Word is obviously spreading about all the fun we have around here!

    Congrats to Greta on winning the prize.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    PS: When I enter my card in a mo, I'll be playing for fun, so, no thanks to the prize. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. FABULOUS card - I just adore his little love heart shorts !!! Brilliant make Miss.

    Hugz
    IKE xxxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love to use up those snippets and thanks for setting these challenges week after week - is the playground under water this week?

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous card Di and l just adore your cute image and gorgeous matching pants and B/p fabulous papers pierced beautiful layout as always also embossed backing my favourite always looks good on any card and you have made it sand out truly beautiful.............Stunning selection again how do you manage to pick them they are all so gorgeous and many congratulations to Greta enjoy your stamp ....enjoy your day Di weather permitting its awful wet here again as it is in most parts feel so sorry for those who are flooded take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Morning Di, sorry not been around lately, busy with cakes and life in general. I am trying to get to join in your snippets .....hopefully this time.
    Love the card choices and your valentine is fab. Love the image, his kecks are super.
    Hugs Mau xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Di - methinks your IHC will love this card it is so cute! The heart paper is a great compliment to the hot kecks!!! Just beautiful!!

    Also love your picks of the snippet week! What great creations - bet you are glad Mr Random has to do the choosing!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Di, that is the cutest image - I love the heart pants! What a great layout, too, so neat!

    There are so many gorgeous 'picks' too, how inventive the Snippeteers are, you'd never think that these were made with 'leftovers'!

    I hope you're not troubled by rain and flood where you live. We have no flodds but so much rain that my gears are getting rusty!!!

    Have a great week!

    love Mags B xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fabulous picks, and congrats to Greta! Love your little hedgie card! He is a real cutie!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is soooooooo cute Di I love it!!! Congrats to Greta lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Len is going to be delighted with this card - what a wonderful little stamp - love it xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh blimey Di - I thought I would enter this one 'cos I used snippets on all the holly leaves, berries and lettering and what happens - I get no 13 and can't get me pic on here.

    So sorry I don't know what to do, if you can get rid of it I can try again, and again, and again LOL!!!

    Just don't tell Sue J 'cos she will be giggling!

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Just love your card Di, really cute image.
    Once again some fabulous choices in your pick of the week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Oooo what an absolute sweetie and i'm loving your 'Kecks' thing - gave me a good giggle hun, and how generous of you to offer as a prize too.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny Black & More this month and good luck, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  21. What a lovely showcase of cards this weekend. No wonder it takes you so long to get round all the cards.

    Not long to hide your lovely card. What an adorable stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Sorry I am late Miss! I did peak earlier on the Tablet but it doesn't like Mr Blogger so I cannot comment!
    Great crop of cards there. Seems to have been some powercuts in March, if you know what I mean!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Miss Di

    You mean your in-house critic doesn't check out your blog ?!?!? LOL!!!

    Loving that cute image.

    Don't forget where you stash it away.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. yeah I'm early this week. Maybe be back later in week.
    Have a good one.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Such an adorable snippets card, Di! And wonderful showcases!! People just blow me away!

    No thank you for the cute stamp. Have a great week!! I hope your weather settles down and some of it comes our way!

    I only have one thing to say about my post: don't be mad. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love your snippet card. The shiny balloon is adorable!! Hugs Juls

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Di,
    love your cute hedgie card and your top picks are spot on.
    There sure are some very talented ladies in the playground.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. You may want your sunglasses on for mine!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  29. The notables this week are amazing as always, and I love that old fashioned carriage with the white horses! Congrats to Greta too! Di, this little hedgie is the cutest stamp! Who wouldn't love his little hot pants? Great sketch for your card to showcase this happy little flasher :)

    ReplyDelete
  30. Your little hedgehog is adorable! I love all of the hearts. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  31. This little stamp is too cute! Wonderful use of it here! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  32. This stamp is so cute - I love the hearts on his pants and the heart shaped balloon, and the topper is highlighted beautifully by the piercing round the edge of the topper. That heart dp could have been made to go with it, and it looks good with that sketch. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Di, your card is brilliant and your hedgie adorable. This weeks cards are fabulous and it must be so difficult to choose.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  34. You've showcased some really fabulous cards and I love your card too with that super little hedgie. I'm just along for a hop, skip and a jump around the playground for the fun of it again this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Your card is too darn cute & I'm sure your hubby will be delighted with it! Amazing cards in the playground--how honored I am that you showed 2 of mine & to have my name drawn--my week, for sure! Thank you, Di.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Forgot to say--keep my name out of the drawing for the stamp please.

    ReplyDelete
  37. What a sweet card I just love those Hedges although I do not have many myself as I am really not a stamper.
    Have a great day

    Patricia x

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a sweet card for your sweetie! I love those PB images...they are always wonderful.

    Sorry I haven't been by... have been busy organizing and sorting out my house, garage and scrapbook room.
    Almost done now and so suddenly my mojo returned...think I had lost it somewhere in the mess!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Thanks so much for the sweet welcome! I entered this week's, too, but linked to the wrong card... The right card showed up here, it just goes to the wrong place. D'oh. Anyway, I'm just playing for fun so no need to put my name into the drawing.
    I love your darling card, btw!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Hello Di,
    Wow what an amazing array of makes at the Playground - sorry I'm late this week but there's some incredible talent out there. I've just popped by to enter my card for this week and your 'Thinking of you' card caught my eye. It's just beautiful, serene and a perfect sentiment to the card. Oh if my name jumps out I don't need the stamp but the pokey tool would be great. Thanks Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  41. Oh some lovely cards soon.....it even inspired me to make some Christmas cards too!!!! Seriously, first time ever I have made cards and its not the month before Christmas!!

    kyla

    ReplyDelete
  42. Gorgeous card and such wonderful picks Miss. Have entered this week, may be the only one, but will see if any of my scheduled posts have snippets too x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Di, I love your little hedgie in his snazzy boxers, great to have matching backing paper too. I am back with some more recycled cards this week. Thank you for using my card in the picks, super cards from every one. Congratulations to Greta as well.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Love the little hedghog with his heart and his boxers - very cute. http://jensinkyadventures.blogspot.co.uk/ for this weeks entry - deleted my last comment forgot to add the link!

    ReplyDelete
  45. That hedgie in his underpants is just adorable - and the selection of cards you are showcasing are simply stunning! Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Thank you Di for inviting me to play again! I forget sometimes when it's so cold outside! :-)))

    ReplyDelete
  47. That hedgehog in his undercrackers is the cutest! I love how you've Glossy Accented the heart and the paper matches perfectly. It's darling!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  48. No thank uuuuuu's to the cooking pot his week as me toes are lovely and warm at the moment.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Gorgeous cute valentine card, Di! Hope you are warm and dry xxx

    ReplyDelete
  50. I am still struggling to get through visiting everyone this week, but I will continue trying. There are so many really lovely images on show. Well done to Greta for her win. Di, I am just playing for fun again this week. I cannot cope with any more things in my room until I have removed a lot. Good luck to everyone. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  51. I have been able to get DH to photograph one of my creations from the weekend where I used snippets and new stash and very old stash so am able to enter again yay! Thank you for the chance huni, love that very cute stamp! xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Di,
    what a fab card, and a fab looking stamp.
    Wow I love his great pants. great designing as always.
    DH is going to love this.
    Yes my other half doesn't always check my blog either.
    Nearly forgot to enter as I forgot I had used snippets for the die cuts.lol.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Lovely inspiration as always. Have taken the plunge and combined challenges so hope it works. It's been a busy week!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Hullo there Miss,

    Phew just scrambling in.. or maybe not your time but our time ..:D

    Mm not sure if it's me.. or the computer or the site ie blogger!!

    .. but funny things going on here... had to go on IE to link up and put my pickie on as FF kept saying address was wrong.. then went to comment and IE came up with error message and said need to close... so came back to FF to comment ... !!
    No thank you very much to pricking tool as have one and love it to bits!!.. have gold ribbon on the end so can see it at all times.. mostly :D and red on scissors and green on tweezers :D

    and think will say no to stamp too thanks very much Miss as have been very spoilt - even if he is cute.
    love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  55. Very nice card Di, I;m sure Len will love it! Must get my act together to make one for my hubby - bought a special stamp last year for just that reason - now where did I put it.........??

    Big hugs

    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.