Sunday 2 February 2014

Pixies Snippets Playground - Week 110

Where did last week go then? It only seems five minutes since I last did a snippets write up :( But still, it does mean that we're a week closer to Summer.

First things first - I finally made a grab button for the Playground - wahoo!! It's on the sidebar at the right hand side and the code to take it is underneath. I'd love you to take the button and thank you soooo much to all of you lovely playmates who hopped right in yesterday and grabbed it, I was amazed and very touched, mwah!! :)

Anyhow, here's my snippets card for today:

I used:

- 7" x 5" white card blank

- snippets of white, green and red card from the snippets folder

- Sizzix embossing folder called 'Corner, Flower Vine'

- Spellbinders Shapeabilities Die D-Lites 'Poppy Patch' die - cut from green and then red card with the poppy heads snipped off the red die cut and added on top of the green die cut. Fiddly but worth it :)

- sentiment is a pre-loved one by SU, stamped using SU 'Real Red' and then punched with SU's 'Curly Label' punch before being popped onto the card with thin sticky pads just to add a bit of dimension

The poppies die is fabulous, but it's also very delicate so I reckon you could tear the stems if you have to 'encourage' the die and card to part company. I used waxed paper between the die and the red and green card snippets and it worked like a dream.

Right, straight into this weeks picks - which get more and more difficult to choose. I do try to play fair and rotate whose work I pick, but often there are makes that just can't be left out - am not quite at the sticking a pin in the screen stage just yet :) However, I just checked my list that I keep as the week progresses and there are 20 picks! So, am going to have to just pick a handful - but it shows that, as well as ALL your snippets makes being brilliant, you do seem to be going from strength to strength. Well done to every single one of you lovely little playmates.

So here goes:

This is just so clever, made by Liz - even the little ball of wool has a perfect wrapper round it!

Sam made a few of these fantastic tulip cards - they really are beautiful.

Isn't this Christmas card, made by Mo, absolutely divine?  What a stunner!!


Now here's a different use of snippets, a coffee jar cleverly decorated by Jenny and topped with snippets flowers - it's delightful!

A great retirement card by Carol L, such a clever idea to put the stop sign across the timepiece!

I just fell in love with this adorable card by Princess Judy (aka PJ) - loads of snippets used and isn't that the sweetest little frog?

This card by Julie C is a brilliant example of a flip card - and a reminder to me to step outta the sand pit box more often and make differently shaped cards.

And this lovely card made by Squirrel absolutely had to be shown here - not only is it perfect use of snippets but it means we end with a veritable rainbow of colours!

So, as I said, every entry deserves to be shown - and of course you can hop back to last weeks Mr linky and go check out if you haven't done so already! The thumbnails certainly will draw you in - I think that was a good move a while back once the Playground filled up with more and more playmates.

And please can you welcome a new playmate, Liz W, who brought this pair of lovely Christmas cards - hope you came back again Liz!

Here goes for the winner of the 'Hot Pants' Penny Black stamp and Tim Holtz Craft Pick tool:

Most of you will know that Jules started off the Snippets Playground and I don't think she's missed a week (well maybe one or two) since I took over from her two years ago. And when her name finally popped up today I was extra delighted as Jules LOVES Penny Black stamps (particularly hedgies) and always has a heart somewhere on her fabulous cards. Those heart covered little pants seem to fit the bill perfectly :) I call this serendipity - couldn't be a better choice by Mr Random number thingy. I have checked your blog Jules and don't think you already have this little cutie - and with all the wedding stationery you make I bet another pokey tool will also be handy! Just drop me an email to confirm I'm right and the stamp and TH pokey tool will be in the post to you ASAP. Well done - it took some time for your name to pop up but hopefully it was worth waiting for :)

And this coming week's prize is:


A 'Poppy Patch' die, the same as the one I used today - very kindly donated by Viv, thank you so much honey! And, to go with it I'll include a little packet of 25 pre-cut wax paper sheets (5.5" square) - if you'd like them to try out.

The snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 8th February and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Please NEVER be afraid to say you're just playing for fun - it doesn't offend me at all, and the Playground is first and foremost for us to have fun, the prizes are just a thank you for playing :)

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week, keep hanging onto your hats in the UK today as more gales are forecast YET again,  and hope to see you in the Playground.

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)

60 comments:

  1. oh well done to Jules indeedy Miss... and ooooo-er am I ever excited at that poppy die.. more yumminess... have you ever noticed you just think I have enough dies folders etc then they make some more. love your card too very clever...
    Special well done to all snippety folk too. and hugs to Parsnip. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness., your card is beautiful and our prize this week is fabulous.
    Thanks for showcasing my card. I was nervous about those two.
    I have a question re the rulz...When my shoe card didn't link properly, it stopped me from linking my second card from Hazels GDT spot.
    Can I link it to this week as I would like to give Hazel the chance to have it seen in a few places. It was posted on my blog at 4pm on Jan 31 to coincide with Feb 1 in British time.
    You can leave it out of the prize draw and just count the other two that I will actually make and post this week towards the prize.
    Is that OK?
    Hugs
    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG
    so many fantastic cards and really great ideas.
    Congrats to all
    one big hug to all
    Tamara :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Di

    Woo hoo!!

    Super excited me .. .. you are right! That gorgeous PB stamp is not in my collection and a new “super posh” pokey tool will be amazing too.

    A lovely snippet challenge link button and a prize winner all in one week. It feels like Christmas again!!

    Just arranging a few snippets to see what I can come up with today.

    Thank you Di for my prize and for being such a brilliant “keeper of the keys”.

    Have a great Sunday and a great week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a fab bevvy of inspiration and congrats to Jules!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Smashing inspiration samples from the DT this morning - just uploaded my snippet - hope an ATC counts as an entry.

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic choices yet again this week. Congrats to all who are showcased. Such stunning work.
    Will be joining in ASAP.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous card Di and so pleased that the prize was won by Jules.
    I do not wish to be in the draw.
    Brilliant card from yourself today, love the layout and the embossing looks great, fab die cut but do not wish to be in the draw, only because I don't enter enough.
    Also couldn't get my thumb nail to work.

    Kath x Have a lovely day.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Di . . . your snippets card is utterly delightful. Great die and wonderful sentiment. LOVE IT.

    Thanks for the grab button too.

    CONGRATS to Jules on winning the prize this week.

    Also congrats to all the showcased entries - all worthy picks, as ever.

    I've been dangling again . . . on paper . . . not hanging from tree boughs with my school skirt upside down showing my bloomers or anything! LOL!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oops . . . forgot to say please leave me out the prize draw! Soz!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a glorious card you've made with that embossing and the wonderful poppy die (hadn't seen that before ... definitely needs to go on my wish list!). I'll grab the linkie button and proudly display on my blog. Love all the wonderful inspiration you've shared today - and particularly glad to see Mo's card here as it's one of the two she has made as my guest on CHNC challenge extra for February. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, and I've just seen Mo's lovely message wanting to give maximum showing for my challenge - she is so sweet xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well done to Jules. Love your card, I already have that die being a poppy an all! so I will pass on a prize.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lurve the card you have made Miss Di - beautiful die! Think I have got me card in the playground without to much fuss and pressing wrong buttons! Almost forgot to enter though - so not all plain sailing.

    Oh btw please don't put me in the draw sweetie! Ta muchly.

    Hugs to you and Parsnip

    Sue Pxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello Di, thanks for the visit to my blog and your lovely comment.
    I LOVE the snippet idea (why have I not come across this before?)
    Now that my cards are more CAS, I have enough card and paper to last me a lifetime!!
    I've linked my card - thanks for the heads up.
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di - gorgeous card - the partly embossed part opposite the lovely die-cut is such a nice contrast! Give Parsnip a hug.

    Cornelia

    ReplyDelete
  17. Di, your snippet card is just perfect, I love it especially the sentiment and embossing, not forgetting the stunning flowers.

    A brilliant selection of cards.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. What a wonderful snippets card and also for showcasing one of my cards. So glad you also showcased thye frog card by PJ .... it took my eye straight away.

    I would grab your button but don't know what to put as the image location. It didn't like what I copied and pasted. You can tell I don't do it very often :(

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yeay! Well done Jules. Love your card made today and that die is to die for! Sorry!
    Hugs
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a fab card Di and so many great creations congrats Jules huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card Di so Elegantly presented with a gorgeous embossed background and beautiful image .........another wonderful array of creations and well done to Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di - your card is beautiful and your choice of snippet winners is again spot on.

    So pleased that Jules has won the PB stamp she deserves it!

    Hope you have a lovely week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Fab cards by all! *blush* I got picked for special notice, how cool! I do enjoy coming to play in the playground and see what everyone else is up to. I love your card with your fiddly die, so elegant and gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your pretty card!
    Finally used some snippets again and are playing at your playground! Just for fun, though! Please give your fun prize to someone with less stuff!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hi Miss,
    not got a snippets card yet, but I will be in the playground later this week. Barring any mishaps that might befall me. lol.
    Love this super card and the fab use of a wonderful die.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Back again and uploaded todays card as well as the one we talked about from Jan 31.
    So it looks as if I have a problem loading my image from a blogpost to your site.
    I had to chose the image from my pictures file...rather than the same image from within my post!
    Not sure why...??? Something weird with my computer, methinks. Uggh

    Will go back to check and see if the hyerlink works back to my blogpost.

    ReplyDelete
  27. Oh how I love your card using those fabulous poppies, Di! Wax paper does make all the difference getting the paper of intricate dies. I'm still struggling with handling them & gluing them once out, so I'm starting to use my heavyweight cs when I can. What great picks this week--the high heel Christmas card really wowed me!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love your super card Di, loved looking at the snippets. I use the poppy die with wax paper, I have also cut very thin foam with it but cannot source that any more. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  29. Great showcases this week Miss! Too many clever boots in this playground!! I am considering sabotage - like hiding glue and card - see how clever they are then - he he!!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hiya Di, not seen your blog before - I'm a relative newbie to craft blogging - I love your tulip card! That's a great idea to die-cut it twice and swap flower heads. Congratulations to Jules, I love her 'always with a heart' cards too.
    Great inspiration ladies x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thanks for your help, Miss, I now have the keys to the playground!!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a pretty card Di, love the partial embossing, perfect for the poppies and the sweet message. Great showcase again too, I'm just playing for fun again this week so no thankyou to the lovely prize :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your thinking-of-you card with the lovely poppies, Di (but no thank you on the draw)! As always, wonderful spotlights on the uber talented playmates for the week!! And thanks again for the brilliant Playground keys button!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your poppy patch card is just beautiful! I love the design and embossing! It's been another great week of inspiration with the notables from the playground, and I feel honored to be among them! Thanks for the shout-out! Congrats to Jules, woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Di , I love your poppy card, great with the partial embossing and lovely sentiment.
    Thanks for the keys button I will be delighted to display it on my blog if I can work out how to do it.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Fabulous card yourself, Miss! Just had a quick - real quick - glance at the highlites, and gosh, you had your work cut out for you girl. I'm playing catchup at other places, trying to do my Hero Arts stencil class viewing - fageddabout the homework even - so I WILL be back to have a slow cruise through the fab entries this week. Saw the button elsewhere, is why I popped over to get mine! MWAH back to you, and Thanks berry much. Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  37. Congrats to Jules for her win.
    Lovely poppy card Miss and yes please for going in the pot. Me toes are a bit cold. Good job we got the keys to the playground cos I'm busy turning the place over looking for where Viv has hidden the glue and the card! hugs Night Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  38. So many amazing creations already. Obviously didn't get my posting quite right 'cos there's no picky. Will try harder next time Miss - honest.

    ReplyDelete
  39. DI: Have linked Liz (Dragon) in. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  40. What great picks, Di! I love your bright, red poppies and that embossing folder is gorgeous! I'm gonna say no thank you cause I already have a poppy die that's NBUS.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Fantastic picks this week Di and I love your card - it looks so elegant.
    The die is fabulous but as I have so many that I've hardly used I guess it's only right that I should play just for fun again xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I love your card. I have that sentiment set as well. The embossing really adds another dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  43. I'm back! Have my towel and I'm heading to the hot tub! Still no thanks for the poppies.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Ha! Viv thought she could stop us playing if she hid the glue and card but I still got me double sided tape, me tape runner and me Martha stewart glue pen. There's more than one way to skin a Turtle!! hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  45. Dear Miss and keeper of 'dem keys .. just letting you know have added the bade to my side bar.. and yup my first offering thins week tried and new method with a NBUS and love it!!! Shaz in Oz.xx..

    ReplyDelete
  46. oops meant "badge" not "bade" and yep to 'dem lovely poppies:D Shaz.xx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely card Di and some great picks. No thanks to the die though 'cos I've already got it!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your snippets card is gorgeous Di! So classy and elegant.
    Every week the cards you pick get better and better, so many beautiful cards and wonderful inspiration for us all. Thank you for the chance, will try to pop around and visit some of the entries when I am able xx

    ReplyDelete
  49. Love that Poppy Patch die, and the embossing is beautiful and leaves just the right space for the poppies and the lovely sentiment. A lovely card Di.

    ReplyDelete
  50. No fankoo to the draw miss for obveeus reezons.xxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Thank you for getting back to me Miss Pixie! I think I am going to have to invest into one of those trays in the future because along with glitter and EP it gets everywhere - so something for me to get!
    I have managed to create a second card for entry this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. Hi Miss Di,
    well I made it at last with a snippets entry.
    This has been made for a while, but I had to wait for the person who it was made for to say I could show it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  53. Such an elegant card and the sentiment is just perfect. I'm going to try and be a better playmate but your getting so many lovely snippet card it's difficult to get around. No thanks to the prize although it is lovely x

    ReplyDelete
  54. Sorry I am late this week Miss. My wellies were letting in water and my Mummy wouldn't let me out to play.

    ReplyDelete
  55. Viv can't stop me cos I made this card before she hid the glue!!
    Hugs Night Owl.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Back with my last card. No troubles linking it this time. It must have been that wonky photo program that I accidentally opened. It saved the photos in some weird format! lol

    ReplyDelete
  57. Thanks for another great challenge, Hazel!!!

    ReplyDelete
  58. I'm back for a second visit (and still no thank you). Have the ducks all washed off the property with the flooding and the fence down? I was hoping to introduce them to my, erm, duck, Gunther. We are just sneaking in ... didn't mean to wake you! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  59. oh crumbs I only just made it!!!
    No thank you to prize this week - just playing for fun.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  60. Great gallery pics this week! And I'm off to Amazon to checkout your storage boxes!

    Hugs
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.