Saturday 1 March 2014

A twisted easel

It's ages since I made a twisted easel card and I was reminded when sorting out a box of semi-forgotten goodies:
 Looking from the front
And from the side
I used:

- everything came from a QVC Kanban kit, designed by Dawn Bibby, a looooong time ago

- the card is patterned on both sides, which was a great help. I just cut it to 5.5" x 11", scored and creased it in half and then scored and creased diagonally on what I wanted to use as the front

- the topper is layered, using ready cut dies which came in the kit

- popped a little sentiment on the base, using sticky pads, to hold the card upright when it's open

Super fast card today! Do remember to let me know if you entered three times for the 'Mr & Mrs' die and forgot to put the number 3 after your name. I've tried to add them where you have already told me :)

Di
x

12 comments:

  1. What a lovely cheerful card. That little squirrel is so cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this Di, it's adorable and lovely to see an easel for a change. xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only made one twisted easel in my crafting life so far . . . this is a good reminder to have a go at making another . . . it's GREAT Di.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card Di, the little critter is super cute. I think I've only ever made one twisted easel - must try harder :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super card, love the fun image.
    Also ages for me as well making one of these. Funny how styles come and go.
    Have a great weekend

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. TOO cute!! Love it! That patterned paper is just right for this little guy.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wauuu
    gorgeous card
    love the papers and stamps
    all is the best
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh soo cute is your card Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH my goodness...I am going to have to give this style a try as that is a fantastic fold! It looks so fancy!

    Great card and the little fellow is pieced fabulously.

    I did my 3 but I think you caught that already as I was one of those airy ones who forgot.
    Sorry about that!.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great style of card, only made one once and then made a mess but no mess here Miss, love the images and the papers.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wheee! That squirrel is so cute and sweet with his lovely patterns. What a fun card. Often I think those twisted easel cards look odd, but this one is whimsical enough that it look proper just the way it is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. How funny you say about the QVC purchase. Most of my bits are from purchases when they use to have the craft spots! Love the twist!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.