Wednesday 12 March 2014

Little Christmas Angel

The current challenge over at Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge is 'Spread your wings' and Hazel wants to see some wings on our cards. I have lots of birdies I could have used but instead opted for this little cutie:
I used:

- 5" x 7" pre-foiled dark green card blank, I'm almost sure these also came from Lakeland Limited in the good old days

- a pre-coloured image from LOTV's 'Christmas Angels' Art Pad - to be honest I think she looks a bit more like a little fairy, but she does have wings of course :) - with a teeny bit of Glamour Dust on said wings

- the image was die cut using a Nesties oval die with just a little bit of one wing overlapping the edge and then mounted onto a Spellbinders Floral Oval, die cut using SU 'Real Red' card stock

- backing paper is also LOTV from their 'Classic Christmas' paper pad, liked how it matches the big parcel on the image, and I used a scalloped corner punch just to soften the corners a bit

Whilst everything was out it made sense to make a further two cards exactly the same - and so I did just that :)

This is also for Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra, where it's always 'anything goes'.

Di
x

14 comments:

  1. This truly is a sweet image, and I love all the gold sentiments repeated around the edges! WTG making 2!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable image & I love your card design, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  3. And what a perfect wing choice you made Di. Gorgeous card. And good on ya for making 2 as well.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this sweet image, super card xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am sure it won't be long until this beauty is winging its way to someone!! Sorry, I couldn't resist the pun!
    Gorgeous card Honey.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Di - love the foiled base card and the neat trick with the wing too. Your way ahead of me this week - I haven't even decided what winged creature is going to grace my CHNC card let alone anything else ... it's all that time spent in the garden that's doing it! Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! No, not pretty, gorgeous! I love all the holly in the background and on the package. I thought it was paper pieced before. Very nicely done and that you made several of them is just a bonus!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So cute Di gorgeous image I love LOTV lol huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do so love that holly paper and that super image too, not 1 but 3, you will have finished your Christmas cards by July if you carry on like this.
    Hope you are well and enjoying the better weather.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your delightful card, Di - hope to see you again soon. You could also enter this for our new Completely Christmas challenge 2 - we would love to see it there too, Haze, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Your angel is so sweet, Di! I love the frame within a frame within a frame design!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous! What a lovely colour scheme and I adore that image! xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love how you were able to find a paper that matched the present in your image. My first thought was that you had paper pieced the present! Thank you for joining in the challenge at CHNC Extra for March.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.