This is my snippets card this week:
- 6" x 6" square white card blank
- Penny Black '...For Everything' stamp, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink pad and coloured with Pro Markers. Ha, I just spotted that I'd forgotten to colour the daffodil stem 'cos I needed to use a fine tipped marker - it's done now though, honest!
- die cut the image using a Nesties circle then mounted the image onto a slightly bigger hand cut circle, using SU 'Certainly Celery' card stock snippet
- die cut the doily from a white snippet using Cheery Lyn's 'French Pastry' die
- the gingham papers are mostly snippets from the Wild Rose Studios 'Gorgeous Ginghams' paper pack, some are mounted onto snippets of SU's 'Certainly Celery' card stock
- the sentiment is also Penny Black - guess what, it's called 'Think Spring', stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' then die cut using a Marianne Creatables label die from the LR0154 set
- pink bow and a few pink pearls added, plus a few pearls on one corner of the card
- teeny little silk daffodil heads, which I bought years ago - stuck on using the glue gun - they sure didn't wanna play nicely at first!
I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Penny Black and More - March - 'So sweet'
Crafting For All Seasons - 'Spring into Spring'
Now for the weekly picks:
Apart from this being a fabulous card, made by Pat, isn't it a great idea to use the shapes from the 'Tied Together' folder for the letters - very clever.
As always, I could just keep showing more and more - but am writing this on Saturday before racing out to do the weekly shop etc. 'cos I'm driving up to Oxford for the day tomorrow. But, six or seven is the average number of snippets makes I pick so I ain't done too bad in the time available.
And let's say hello to some new Playmates, three 'newbies' this week- wahoo!
Welcome to you all, hope to see you again soon! Anyone else possibly 'lurking in the bushes', peeping over the fence, or whatever - please do join in. Everyone is super-friendly!
OK, so the prize from last week, a selection of unmounted stamps, was won by:
And the prize for this coming week, to celebrate the 'whiff of Spring' here in the UK is:
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 15th March and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. Do also say if you're only interested in part of the prize as I can then do a further draw for the remainder.
Please NEVER be afraid to say you're just playing for fun - it doesn't offend me at all, and the Playground is first and foremost for us to have fun, the prizes are just a thank you for playing :)
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.
Have a great week - don't overdo the gardening/Spring cleaning!
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)