Sunday 16 March 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 116

Another week in the Snippets Playground just went whoosh! But, with 59 entries, many of you still found time to join in and play along - yay.

Here's my snippets make for this week:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square cream card blank

- the Stamps Away 'Patchwork Template Set One'. I'd seen Elizabeth using this set here and immediately sent away for it - this is the first play and I totally LOVE it!

- a snippet of red card, SU's 'Cherry Cobbler' I think

- snippets from DCWV's fabulous 'Mariposa' stack  for the corners and I broke into a fresh sheet for the centre :( The corners have faux stitching (added using the fine end of a red Whispers pen)

- I then fussy cut another big butterfly to sit over the slightly chopped off one (ack, from ANOTHER whole sheet!) and the little butterfly did at least come from the original whole sheet I'd used. But, thinking about it, I've been treasuring this stack and using it very sparingly like a right little miser for years now - time to get in there and use it!

- the sentiment is from the 'Friendship Ticket Sentiments' set by Whimsy Stamps, inked using Memento 'Espresso Truffle' and then fussy cut. I do have the matching ticket die but it's much faster by hand :)

- Josy Rose nail heads in a couple of the corners

Onto the week's picks:

Such a pretty card made by Elizabeth, what really caught my eye (apart from how lovely it is all told) is the offsetting of the ovals - clever!

Mary H brought this stunning card, would you believe that fabulous butterfly was made using the metal from a soda can? Love it!

I totally adore this soft and gentle card, made by Greta - wonderful use of snippets!

Darnell can always be relied on to come up with innovative ways to use up those scraps we might just throw away! Not just the letters but also the pop out pieces 'from the Ayes and the Peas' as she so neatly puts it!

Wahoo, isn't this just a fabulous way to use up little strips of snippets and then emboss them? Made by Carol L and such a lovely splash of colour - just like a quilt waiting to be snuggled under. Gorgeous.

Jean made this amazing card using snippets of 'dry wall tape' - how clever it that then? I'm off to our local 'pound store' for a nose around their DIY section later on!

Right at the last minute, Linby raced into the Playground waving this fabulous card. Love those diamond shapes and brilliant paper piecing, oh how I love the dress and hat!

Once again, every single snippets entry was terrific - there are sooooo many ideas. I can't urge you strongly enough to take time to check out what your playmates have been up to - I learn so much every single week.

Right, now for the winner of last week's two Penny Black stamps:




Well done Sue! I think you'll have some good fun playing with these stamps :) Can you please drop me an email with your snail mail address (di_wray@hotmail.com) - I thought I still had it but searching has proved fruitless :(

And this week's prize is perfect for 'snippets busting' - so many shapes and sizes to play with:

Yes, it's that fabulous Stamps Away Patchwork Template set, just like the one I used today. Although I used papers from one pack you could mix and match to your heart's content, the possibilities are endless :) And, I'd thought you'd have to wield a craft knife - not so, just draw round the apertures and hand cut, easy peasy!

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 22nd March and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - Spring is in the air here, at long last.

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

46 comments:

  1. Wonderful card. I love the sparkle I see on the birdcage and the beautiful! Those butterflies are gorgeous...I would be saving them too!
    Great cards showcased this week. have to catch up once home as I have not had internet access...borrowing a friends to link up this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As always gorgeous picks Miss. I hope to be able to pop around later tomorrow to see what our lovely friends blogged - just been too tired out this week.
    I love your card - that is a really very clever way to use papers and snippets - love it - want it!
    I'll be back later Miss, give Parsnip a hug for me xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely butterfly card Di-and what a gorgeous collection of cards in the showcase-stunning!
    Have a lovely day,Hugs,Nessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Di it's stunning, I just love the papers and butterflies.
    Spring at long last yippeeeeeeeeee.

    Wonderful selection of cards.

    How are Dobby and Parsnip ???
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic card Di
    love the butterflies
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous card Di - so much to see and love the added sparkle.

    I'm really gonna have to pull my socks up as the top picks are getting better every week.

    Hope the sun is shinning on you today! xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fab card and wondrous selection of faves today Di

    Just uploaded my snippet make

    Happy SUNday

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di (and Parsnip of course). . . fabulous showcased cards, as usual.

    Love you pretty template card too Miss. That ticket is just so sweet!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I haven't used my mariposa papers as I can't bare to cut them up! Lovely card.
    Also thought Darnells Happy card was brilliant :)
    Laura

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your card is amazing again as always Di! I love the butterfly w/stitching! Thanks for the spotlight on my card this week along with all of the other fabulous creations! I missed it when I posted it, but after seeing the photo here, I noticed a couple of those pearls have shifted! Oops! I guess I should allowed the glue to dry before taking the photo! Fix-it time! Thanks & hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Di, just dropping my entry in for this week but just for fun as I don't need the prize. Apologies I've not been by for a week or so but didn't have any snippet appropriate makes. Your card is dazzling and striking and there are so many stunning creations to use up those snippets that I can't keep up! Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh thanks so much for choosing my card. I have the mariposa pad, only broken into it once, too lovely to look at! You've used it to great effect with this fab card.
    Linby x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your card is gorgous Di and the showcased cards are amazing. I love all the variety and inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous card, Di. Your butterflies are so pretty with their sprinkling of glitter, they look ready to flutter away!
    Caroline xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love those templates and your butterfly card is beautiful. How hard it is to cut into a new sheet when you have treasured it for so long! But the end result is worth it. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your card is beautiful, Miss Di! I love the fab picks too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is a beautiful card Di and I am soooo proud of you for breaking into a couple of FULL sheets - well done you!!! No need for the Smelling Salts. Love the faux stitching on your creation.

    I am so totally chuffed to have won the two PB stamps - they really do make me laugh. Just brilliant.

    Will email you - thank you soooooo much.

    Big hugs to you and Parsnip.

    Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love this patchwork card Di and love the dps on the red background with the pretty butterflies. These templates look like a great idea. Sorry I didn't play last week. I don't know what happened, I only produced one card which didn't have any snippets, but will do better this week hopefully. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Miss Di, and the wonderful Parsnip,

    what a very fab snippets card. I love that super image and all the sparkles.
    Beautiful corners and stitching, and those amazingly wonderful butterflies.
    Just popped my entry into this weeks challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love the patchwork look of your card. I thought that must have been a lot of work to piece together but now I see it is a fabulous cheater template. That doesn't make any less awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  21. So, so pretty. Love these Mariposa b/flies you've perched with their wings ready to lift off. I have some of this paper too. Never looks as good when I use it though, as your's does here. Love that faux stitching, and red is prob'ly my fav color of all things. Thx for highliting my b'fly and I'm trying to get something done that will work for Parsnip & Mrs. A too! TFS & Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di I made it again! I'm really pleased with myself :-) Your card is gorgeous and I love the picks from last week. Well all the entries are so lovely.
    I tried to change my thumbnail image but it's not doing it. Guess I'm doing something wrong. Have a great week. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love how you have combined that lovely paper with the card template. The butterflies look so pretty. Thank you for featuring my card in your picks, I am honoured to be featured among such lovely creations.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  24. So glad you decided to share those amazing butterflies with us all. The little bird cage it the tops. love all the sparkly. Thankyooo for fluttering by #3. Hugs Mrs A. (butterfly challenge).

    ReplyDelete
  25. Been out in the garden all day today and lost count how many butterflies there were. Did count 15 newts in my little stream as I was clearing out all the old leaves from last year. Hugs Mrs A.
    p.s. will only play for fun this week as I have just bought the Joanna Sheen patch work set.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just love your card Di, and the fabulous bird cage.
    Some stunning show cased cards.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous card there Miss. Love the little hint of patchwork there.
    Great picks there too.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Awww Di simply gorgeous is your card as always and wow another selection so beautifully chosen how do you do it ....must be truly hard they are all stunning and well done to Sue enjoy your prize x

    ReplyDelete
  29. That's a beautiful snippets card, Di! As you've seen, I have that pack and love what you've done with a snippet of it for your design! Well done using it and not hoarding it any longer!

    Thank you so much for the honor of being spotlighted this week! I appreciate it very much and I congratulate all the others chosen. It's cool to be in the company of these amazing creations!!

    I hope to be back later this week!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  30. Can you believe that it is Monday and I have strolled into the playground - shock!

    Hope you have a fab week Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. That's an incredibly interesting template, I can see it would have loads of uses. I have the Mariposa stack and just can't bring myself to cut into it! Pretty card though and I love all your picks again, I don't know how you manage to narrow it down at all, they're all gorgeous.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  32. Pretty, pretty! Love the stamped ticket.
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Have got a second entry in Miss and am going to visit some of these gorgeous entries next! ttfn KP xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hello Di, I'm not going to apologise for leading you into temptation, not when you've made such a fabulous card with the patchwork template :) Thanks for showcasing my card, glad you like it so much. I don't know how you manage to narrow down your choice for the showcase as everybody's work is so good. Been a bit delayed with my snippet makes this week but will be back soon - got to keep that mountain under control :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Watch out for the monkeys Miss! Can we have a zebra?
    Tee hee!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Awesome card Di, birds, butterflies and flowers, what more could anyone want.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your card is beautiful, Di--love the template! Thanks so much for showing my card--always makes me happy to know someone really liked one of my creations.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Beautiful butterflies, Di, and such even "stitches"! No thanks this week.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I love the patchwork feel of your card Di and there's so much detail! Lots of fabulous inspiration in your gallery too. I'm playing for fun so please don't enter me for the draw. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous patchwork card Di, love those beautiful butterflies and the sparkly birdcage. Amazing showcase again full of fantastic inspiration, Enjoy the rest of your week, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi, I'm back with a card but just for fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. hi di Well I finally made something to link for the snippets playground, I tried to add a thumbnail but it wouldn't ... not sure what I am doing wrong.... it's a picture of a chicken with snippet feathers. hopefully the link works ok
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Di, great card, good use of those patchwork templates. been to visit a few playmates today, as I have a day off - it's been fun!
    Hugs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Di! Just to let you know I've edited my post to include some basic instructions for the flap box :-)

    ReplyDelete
  45. Love your gorgeous butterfly card Di and the birdcage is beautiful. I had trouble linking up again and seen to have 2 entries. Mr Linky always gives an older post as the link but I've given the correct thumbprint.
    Hugs
    Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Fab cards! Hope my virgin entry passes muster! have a good weekend! hugs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.