Sunday 23 March 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 117

Wahoo, we actually had sunshine in the Playground at times this week - happy dance here.

Straight in, here's my snippets card:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- an adorable stamp I bought a while ago, one of those you sigh over for ages before risking playing with it in case you don't do it justice. It's foam mounted and made by Whimsy Stamps, called 'Wyanet' which means 'beautiful' in North American Indian apparently - and she totally stole my heart. Coloured with Pro Markers, some tickles of Adirondack 'Aqua' ink pad and a cloud template (which have disappeared in the photo) and then die cut with the largest of the Nesties 'Floral Ovals' die set

- I used SU's 'Coastal Cabana' card stock to back the patterned papers which are one whole 'kind of flowery' sheet and a striped snippet, both from a Raspberry Road' 'Love Lives Here' paper pad, free gift with Quick Cards Made Easy magazine. The 'belly band' hides the fact that the striped snippet wasn't wide enough for the card so I halved it and just stuck it onto either end of the full width 'Coastal Cabana' backing strip and the image hides the gap

- the feathers were die cut from a selection of teeny snippets I dug out from the snippets folder, I used a Memory Box die called 'Wild Feathers' and just tied a snippet of twine round them. Ha, that turquoise feather was in and out of the set more often than a fiddlers elbow - in the end I left it in for a touch of brighter colour and to pull the turquoise 'Coastal Cabana' together :)

- the sentiment is LOTV from the 'Dreamy Days' set, stamped using Memento 'Toffee Crunch' ink pad and then hand cut

- lastly I added coppery brown Josy Rose nail heads to three corners and a turquoise Josy Rose star-shaped nail head to Wyanet's head dress. There was a star there in the design already but I thought she might like a little bit of 'bling' and the nail head fitted perfectly

So onto this week's picks - and what a headache you gave me, as usual!

What a stunning scene, created by Sally who is so, so good at these.


How about this for an amazing way to use up snippets? So colourful and a brilliant design by Squirrel.

Amanda is a whizz at paper piecing and this card is a perfect example - I love it!

What a fantastic card, made by Pat - it reminds me so much of the place I still call home - Northumberland. Each step is explained in Pat's blog post - and at first I was convinced that those little cockle shells on either side of the 'Happy Birthday' were real ones.

Gosh I do so love this card, made by Viv. Every detail is just so right for such a soft and pretty make - beautiful!

Isn't this absolutely beautiful? Cathy R made this gorgeous card and the really clever trick is how she used the die as a stencil! All is explained in Cathy's blog post if you want to have a go :)

Sue made this perfect card for a chap. I love how you feel as if you're looking through a port hole at the passing schooner - great stuff!

And we had some super makes this week which just HAVE to be included as pop-up/exploding/flap/etc. boxes are absolutely all the rage just now:

This fun filled one was made by Mary Anne, for St. Patrick's Day.

And then Debs raced into the Playground, unaware of Mary Anne's box, with these:

 

What a fun way to use up snippets, AND Debs has kindly put some instructions on her blog post. Can we expect lots of boxes this coming week in the Playground then?

Whew, I could keep going but those are my picks for this week!

And, we have three new playmates too - yay!

Jan F, with this adorable card - and such a neat trick to cut a flower from the backing paper!

Janet popped in with this glorious bird - LOVE the tail feathers, such brilliant use of snippets.

And Lesley G hopped into the Playground waving this adorable card. What really amazed me is that I have this beautiful little stamp and Lesley's paper piecing would have been tiny and very fiddly to do!

Welcome to the Snippets Playground girls, hope you see you back again really soon :)

And now, the winner of the set of Patchwork Templates is:


Oh well done Karen! I know that Karen isn't too well right now and 'supposedly' taking things easier than usual - but this gal is one prolific card maker and never fails to enter the Playground each week. Hope it cheers you up Karen! I do have your address and will post the templates ASAP this week.

And this coming week's prize is of course your very own 'Wyanet' stamp, plus a Memory Box 'Wild Feathers' die set. I know that feathers are really popular right now and I dithered for ages over which set to buy, I love the big ones but plumped for the MB set as they aren't too big to go with an image :)


As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 29th March and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. Of course, if you're really only interested in one part of the prize than say so and I'll do a second draw for whichever item you don't want.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - let's hope that the signs of Spring continue, but don't take your Winter vests off just yet! And, it's Rudolph Day beginning on Tuesday over at Sarn's. 

 
Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

53 comments:

  1. Fabulous picks as always Miss! It is so lovely to see more and more peeps playing along too!
    I managed a tiny bit of stamping and stencilling tonight - it was so very good!
    No hurry to post them cos I'm not crafting as much as I would like right now.
    Fanks ever so much - I shall really enjoy using them! Anything that helps me to use my hoard of papers up as well as the snippets xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Karen!

    Some lovely hilights Miss!

    Your card is beautiful. Love the stamp and the feathers. This may even be a week for Little Miss C as she has been overnight twice this week and plans are on the go for an overnight next week too. (school break)
    They ahve been colouring and planning out cards, even Little Mr P!!! In between they crocheted! Don't quite think that is a snippet though!

    The image is so pretty and the feathers just the right size! Love, love, love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring is beautiful, Di, & I LOVE the feathers! Great picks, too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome card Miss ... oh so good to be back in the playground again.. bringing some more sunshine from downunder...

    Gotta say, I do love the card and you certainly did the wonderful stamp justice (mm never heard of the Josy additions but they look yum too may need to investigate)..
    ..and yesss! feather die is on my wish list along with banner die, going to get one one day.. I think :D

    Wow!! to all the great choices from the playground, no wonder you had trouble choosing off to to peek at some blogs very quickly, love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab makes from both you and your winning selection, CONGRATS to Karen.

    Just off to photograph, post and then upload my own snippet!

    BB soon

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love your card Di, fab colours and your embellishment is perfect with the cute image. Great snippet cards on show also. xx Flora

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous show and tell this week Di, I didn't have anything to share using snippets but will try harder!! Love your card and those feathers are wonderful xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful card hunni, Sylvia's images are always so adorable and those wee feathers dies go with your image so well, love them. Great picks too they are all fantastic. Hugs xnx

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card, those little feathers set it off perfectly!
    Thanks for the mention in despatches Miss, it was loads of fun making the flap boxes & I'm looking forward to seeing what other crafters do with them :-)
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love the little indian and the feathers in your card Di, she is beautifully coloured. Thanks for the shout out, lots of new looking techniques to try with those gorgeous boxes! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just love that stamp, will really have to enter this week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A gorgeous card, Di! that feather die is gorgeous and goes perfectly with the stamp! Thanks for picking my card to showcase too. Hopefully I'll be back to the playground later!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fabulous card and picks Di, they are very inspiring.

    Have a great weekend.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOVING your sweet little Indian girl Di. So cute - not surprised she stole your heart and you had to buy her.

    CONGRATS on your win Karen. Hope you feel better soon.

    Lovely showcased cards and projects and welcome to the New Girls too.

    Hugs to all,
    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. And THANKS for the Rudolph Day plug to! Mwah, mwah! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Scrummy highlights and the newbies into the playground look like they're gonna be some stiff competition!! LOL. It's been SNOWING here so now am feeling all wintry (and wet... and cold...) Back later for a hug from Parsnip. x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Congrats, Karen! There were so many gorgeous creations this week! Thanks for including me in the lineup.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm playing just for fun this week thanks Miss.
    I look at the entries and wonder how on earth you pick the winners!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Another fabulous card Di what a gorgeous image and those feather dies are brilliant, and what a great showcase and many congrats to Karen ...nice to have some sunshine but have you been out it's freezing here take care x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Di - love the cute little topper and the feather embellishments. And what a fabulous showcase this week. Those boxes, which I'm seeing just about everywhere at the moment, are absolutely fabulous. All-in-all another brilliant week from the snippeteers :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such fab cards Di - what a clever bunch you link up with. x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  22. OMGoodness - what superb creations. I am off to hop round them now to leave some comments. Amazing :-)
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  23. So sorry - I forgot to say that your card is gorgeous. Such a sweet image and I LUV the toning feathers you added :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog

    ReplyDelete
  24. OH My Gosh, I just L.O.V.E. this card Di!! The image, sentiment and feathers all work perfectly together and I loved the colors, especially the one blue feather! So glad you added it!!
    Congrats again to all the wonderful notables and especially to Karen for winning! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Bit of a tongue in cheek entry this week as probably won't get a chance to enter again as a bit of tight schedule planned. Me likes playing cowboys and injuns Miss. Right off to have a pow wow with sitting bull and go find some duck feathers. Ere I say that ducks not got many feathers left. Ooose been a plucking it then?!!
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hi Di, finished moving my blog to a new host site so managed to get one in this week! Off to see Mrs A at the Butterfly farm now. x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lovely card Di and such a gorgeous image too. Thanks for picking me out this week (blushes!)

    ReplyDelete
  28. Ooh, she's a beauty Miss and you've coloured her to perfection. Hair is the trickiest thing to get right but you nailed it. Scalped it maybe, lol!!! Beautiful showcases again, such inspiration to be found in our snippets and scraps.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  29. I sure do like those feathers, Di! Poor ducky! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congats to Karen! fab cards from everyone and your card is gorgeous Di!! I'm still resting after the NEC hahahahaha lots of huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Love your card and the super cute image and great choice of colours.
    The colouring of the hair is fabulous.

    Don't envy you have to pick for the showcase so many fabulous entries.


    Hope all is well with you.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thank you so much for showcasing my card this week Di, I appreciate it so much, especially as there were so many other really lovely cards to choose from. Congrats to Karen this week and so sorry she isn't feeling so good at the moment.
    Now to your card Di which is so pretty with that sweet image, and the lovely die cut feathers go perfectly. Anyone would think it was planned that way..haha. I love the flowers with the stripes and that lovely turquoise card they are layered on, and also that gorgeous die cut mat around the image. x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I love your cute little indian girl. Your colouring is fabulous and the die cut feathers are a perfect embellishment.
    I have just linked up my card and hope to be back tomorrow to have proper look at some of the other playmates entries.
    Wonderful showcase cards, well done to all, welcome to the newbies and congratulations to Karen.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Di,your card is just so sweet and the coloring is wonderful. Love your card picks - real beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the colours Di and she is so cute, how can you part with her.

    ReplyDelete
  36. hi di
    love your card i must have a thing for feathers at the mo.... i really want the die cut......guess i will have to make zomething then..... or buyit or both, hope to pop back later
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  37. You had your work cut out for you, in selecting all these fabulous highlighted cards. Each one is so different & gorgeous. I don't envy you having to pick which ones to show off! Loved your little Indian maid. She's a cutie. Perfect embellie on those feathers, and I'm checking to see if I have that die! (no Indians in my stamp collection though!) Loved the colors you selected with this sweet lady, and your stripe border was spectacular. Now I'm off to visit some of the entries & say Hey to Parsnip. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thought I'd come by for another chance at the swings. Hope your week is off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Your card this week is fabulous! You've done this stamp proud.

    Great picks from the masses as well. There are always such great cards from the playground. I have no idea how you pick any to showcase!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Your card is lovely, love that stamp and great picks

    ReplyDelete
  41. Some fabby makes there Di. Hopefully I will be back firing on all cylinders soon!
    Hugs
    x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Wow, another week of fantastic cards and I honestly don't know how you pick....they are all great. Thrilled that this week I could join in. I finally got to use up some of my snippets. Your prize is super, but I'm trying to use what I have. Good luck to whoever wins!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Hi Miss. A lickle something to tease you with!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  44. Amazing picks from last weeks play and I do love your card Di. Such a gorgous stamp and beautifully coloured xx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Popping back over to drop off my card! Lots of entries this week!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Hi Miss Di, and the wonderful Parsnip,
    I love your super snippets creation this week. Fab design and colours.
    I have just entered mine for this week as I forgot to mention on my blog that I had used some snippets of mirri on it.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.
    Big Hugs for my mate Parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Just entered a second creation and hope to pop back after dinner so I can visit some of the other entries and check out what you have been up to this week Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your little Indian Princess is fantastic, Di! Love the layout and sweet details!

    Your picks this week are beautiful, as always! So many talented ladies!! Thanks for another week of fun! No thank you on the prize. Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  49. I'm back for a final skip round the playground with my 3rd. Have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely card Di, that little girl is so cute. Feathers are a brilliant addition too xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Sorry, Di, I somehow pressed enter before I'd got the thumbnail piccie for my entry this morning - d'oh!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  52. I've just made it in time again this week Di - the last minute blogger strikes again!!

    Love all of your top picks and your 'Wyanet' card is gorgeous.

    Hope you have a fab weekend.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Skin of my teeth with minutes to spare .. .. promise to finish my post properly later Miss!!!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.