Tuesday 25 March 2014

Rudolph Day - March 2014

It's here again, the 25th of the month when we try (up until the end of the month) to make two (at least) Christmas cards to link in one post over at Sarn's Rudolph Day Challenge. My first card was a miserable failure, but I did manage two other different ones that passed muster:


I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blanks

- all backing papers came from LOTV's 'Classic Christmas' paper pad, I just switched the colourways between the two cards, that meant that I got two cards from each 8" x 8" sheet of paper - plus some snippets left over

- the pre-coloured image is also LOTV, from their 'Festive Foliage' art pad, die cut using a Spellbinders 'Wonky Square' die

- the sentiment was stamped directly onto the image - there was a nice bit of white space there - using a clear stamp from Personal Impressions' 'Many Greetings' set and a Memento 'Northern Pine' ink pad

I'd also like to enter these into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge where this week it's 'all wrapped up', and also into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra where it's always 'anything goes'.

And nope, I ain't showin' you the failure - but it's leering at me on the desk here until I do something to salvage it. I hate admitting defeat, not to say wasting a LOTV topper the same as I used today :(

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Oh Di dont you hate that.. and leering failure.. but well done of other two, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice cards Di,I like the way you switched colours between the cards, it gives quite a different look. I love the wonky square die cut shape.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Di, those LOTV art pads are so pretty. I'm sure you can do something with the failure though, waste not want not, etc!!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two lovely festive makes here Di. Lovely sleigh image. Hope you manage to salvage the one that's leering at you!

    Thanks for joining in with RUDOLPH DAY.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Two gorgeous Crimbo cards Miss!
    I am here with orders - please go over to the Technique Time Tuesday Challenge blog and pick up a badge that is waiting for you! xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very traditionally festive! I too like the way you have swapped colours on each card giving different look. Lovely xx Jan

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both great cards with the alternating color on the horizontal panels! I love that sleigh image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two brilliant cards Di, l love the image and those papers are stunning so beautifully presented in your gorgeous die too! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two super cards Di. I have that topper and was wondering what to do with it - looks brilliant cut with a wonky square xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two gorgeous cards Di, love those images from LOTV and the backing papers look fab, I have the blue set and quite quickly went off them but I have managed to use most of it up on my youngest Grandson Christmas card for this year but you wouldn't know because I can't upload my photo's.
    Tried for 2 hours Monday night and all day today, I am worn out and thinking of jacking it all in.

    Kath xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards and love the wonky square! X

    ReplyDelete
  12. It's so fun to see how people are crafting for Sarn 2-card challenge. Before I read your text, I scrolled up and down - I won't say how many times! - until I saw what you had done! Fabbiola!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fab card, love how you switched between the colours. I bet your card is not as bad as you make out, we are sometimes (most of the time) our own worst critic! X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love that sleigh! Your cards look fab...brilliant idea to switch up the bell band colour!

    That wonky square is one of my faves! It looks wonderful on this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Shucks. I had that pad out and at the ready to use. Gotta come up with sumthinck different cos can't compete with these two beauties. Don't think I would be brave enough to stamp straight onto the LOTV image. Love those backing papers . Perfect colour tones. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Two brilliant festive makes Di, love the idea to mix and match papers. What about Christmas inchies???.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Those are nifty cards. I like the papers and how you mixed and matched them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely cards - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Well, I for one, wanna see the failure too! (Seriously, failures help me a lot, when I see how somebody turned a boo-boo around). Your card is lovely (both of 'em) and when I see you use the Wonky Square, I always wonder why I didn't purchase that one. You use it very well. TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.