Friday 14 March 2014

When the sun shines - make Christmas cards

In truth, the day was dull, cold and misty when I started on these cards the other day, but the sun broke through just before lunch time. Please note I used the word these - made four all the same in my quest to keep ahead of the game and produce at least 12 Christmas cards each month, wahoo!!
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- SU 'Coastal Cabana' card stock

- white card stock, embossed using Crafts-Too's 'Snowflake Banner' embossing folder

- image is SU from their 'For the Birds' set, stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured with Pro Markers PLUS Pro Marker clip-on ultra fine nibs. The image is so small and detailed that was a must! Little touch of silver pen on the bauble

- 'Crystal Ice' Ice Stickles for the icy ground and 'White Opal' Liquid Pearls' for the snowflakes round the image

I have to credit our playmate Eve with the ideas for the colouring, Stickles and Liquid Pearls - I remembered her lovely card using the same stamp from before last Christmas and took inspiration from that. The link will take you to her latest snowy snippets card, I love it!

I'd like to enter this into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge where it's 'Spread your Wings' this week - and also into Craftyhazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra where it's always 'anything goes'.

I'm out playing with a friend this afternoon - she wants me to show her how to transfer images onto candles. That should be fun :)

Di
x

21 comments:

  1. Oh Di
    this is fantastic card
    love the minimalizmic
    hugs Tamara
    have a lovely weekend
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well dont you with the production line of cards. So cute. I've been making ATCs for this years WOYWW swap so it's been a production line here too :-) I've got myself organised well in advance but knowing my luck I will lose them all in the move!! :-)
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. CUTE card there Missus.

    Love the extra touch of liquid pearls and stickles.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute Di love this card and of course I'm a great lover of liquid pearls LOL have a great weekend Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely card there Missey. I really am trying to use my liquid pearls more lately. They are so underused.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is so good Di! Love the Liquid Pearl idea - one to steal methinks!! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable Di, such a cutie!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so sweet Di and I admire your festive fortitude in the face of the spring sunshine! Have fun with the candles - and no setting fire to anything! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  9. love, love, love it! such a gorgeous image, skating along the ice with the snow falling, did I mention I love it? :-) x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Di,
    what a very lovely Christmas card, and what a superb idea to make so many a month.
    I really must try this idea this year.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a darling little robin! Thanks for entering both of my CHNC challenges with your lovely card - hope to see you again soon You could also enter this for our new Completely Christmas challenge 2 - we would love to see it there too, Hazel, DT. x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love this Di, what a super-sweet little image. Great design.
    Have a fab weekend.
    Hugs
    Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Simply gorgeous Di is your card and well done on making 4 yours cards will be finished in no time xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I just love it when such a small and simple image can make a superb card.
    Love all the white space and the super cute image, fanb card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Well done on a CAS card, and for making four of them. I really enjoy the batch makes as long as it is a smallish batch! It is a cute image even if it was a bit fiddly to colour. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely embossing on this pretty card. Like that folder lots. This little robin is cute as can be, and so beautifully colored. Loved the scattered snowy pearls, and the iciness on which Mr. bird is skating. Great match of the blue mat with the blues in his apparel! Hugs & TFS - one for the little cuddly fella too.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Brilliant card, really must try to remember this and use.
    I love the open space, so effective .. love it

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks for the mention Di - yes this image is tricky to colour isn't is! On my card I used Whisper pens as they have a very fine tip. I thinks yours looks better than mine as you have more shades of colour.
    12 Christmas cards a month - Wow!
    Hope you had fun with your candles! xx
    P.S I feel very honoured that one of my cards has actually inspired someone!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Four Christmas cards? Well that'll work brilliantly especially as they're all as brilliant as this one :D xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. i adore that sweet bird :) So glad you joined us for our CHNC challenge extra this month

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love that cute little stamp. This card would be great for batch production too.

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.