Sunday 27 April 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 122

And another week of mixed weather in the Playground, even little Puggles the Platypus has run away, last heard of causing mayhem in Sam's craft room :( But, it didn't stop you from playing with snippets and we had 70 entries this week, well done girls!

A very special friend (I'm allowed to say it was Sarn I think 'cos a few other peeps already 'outed' her) had a Birthday recently so I used her favourite SU colours to make her this Birthday card:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- SU's 'Island Indigo' card stock, embossed using a Sizzix embossing folder called 'Corner, Flower Vine', for the background

- a snippet of SU's 'Pool Party' card stock, die cut using the Memory Box 'Grand Happy Birthday' die, and I added a couple of embossed lines along the bottom edge (which don't really show up in the photo)

- a smaller snippet of 'Pool Party', stamped in Memento 'Teal Zeal' using a flower stamp from SU's 'Secret Garden' set then die cut using a matching SU Framelits die

- the leaves were die cut from a snippet of SU's 'Certainly Celery, using another die from the SU 'Secret Garden' set

- butterfly was die cut from more 'Certainly Celery', using SU's 'Beautiful Wings' butterfly Framelits

- little white pearls were added to the centre of the flower and also down the body of the butterfly

Hope you had a lovely day Sarn!

Straight onto this week's picks, and as always I ended up with a mahooooosive list which I had to stick a pin into to select a handful otherwise I'd be here forever :)

I totally love this card, so many snippets and so much lovely detail - made by Kim.

I can't think how long it took Mary to cut out and place those piano keys, what a clever card! And I did giggle at the wry comment in Mary's post when she said 'Note to self, sometimes it's OK to throw away pieces' :) Edit - turned out to be a die for the piano keys! Fabulous all the same.

We had two fabulous box cards this week, these really are all the rage right now. This one above was made by Ann and is just so perfect for a little Princess :) I also love the touch of the scalloped edges to the box flaps.

And how about this box card for a real splash (pun intended!) of Spring? Made by Lynn and it's beautiful. I did get the giggles when a comment from Lynn popped up on here to the effect that she was having a wrestling match making this :) Well worth the Percy Veerance Lynn!

I defy you not to laugh at this brilliant card, made by Sue J!  Fabulous image Sue and so many snippets and different elements - love it, and lots of you said the same in your comments.

I adore this really elegant card, made by Kath. Cheeky minx asked Jules (our Playground Founder) if she could find the heart :) And then there was speculation about whether Kath kept all those heart snippets from the die cut too!


Ileana brought this card to show, absolutely divine! So much work and a stunning result.

Time to welcome two new playmates:
Anne F came to play bringing this beautiful card - so pleased I nudged you into joining in Anne!

And Val also joined us for the first time with this clever use of snippets!

Lovely to see you all and hope you come back and play often!

Time for the draw for the Penny Black 'Pin-striped' stamp, and the winner is:
Oh well done Anne, first time lucky too! I just checked your blog and see that you do love Penny Black stamps, so hope you'll be a happy bunny. Can you please let me have your address and the stamp will be on its way this week (di_wray@hotmail.com).

And of course, this coming week's prize is your own Memory Box 'Grand Birthday' die :)
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 3rd May and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - keep those snippets coming :)

Di (and a wave from Parsnip - now minus the Easter bunny ears and whiskers, so we're friends again and peace reigns)
x

40 comments:

  1. Loving your card, Miss Di! Gorgeous colours. great picks from last week too - those pop up boxes are a real hit in blog land at the moment aren't they. So pleased you and parsnip are friends again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ah so peace "rains" with Parsnip an you, Miss, ... and rains on a few other things glad Puggles is safe with Sarn .. prob after some birfd'y cake y'know!

    and Yusss! what a great card Miss with the wonderful birfd'y die .. love it ..
    .. and such great makes again by our playmates truly is amazing each week all the creativity, (pray your back is ok,too) love Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card for Sarn! I know she loves it! Whatever your system, it sure worked for this week's picks--I'm in awe! Such a neat prize this week--will have to get some snippet cards done! Hugs, Greta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card you made for Sarn! she kept that quiet LOL thanks for showing my funny goose card :) I had fun making it :) Congrats to Anne too ..lots of huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow oh wow! Love your card for Sarn - the colours are gorgeous! After pink blue is my next favourite and that's why I use it a fair bit.

    Congrats to the spotlight entries - absolutely fabulous creations from everyone. I am going to have to come up with something special for another entry I think!

    See you later Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. A beautiful birthday card for Sarn.
    So pleased peace reigns again.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. A gorgeous card Di - I love that die. My friend has the Christmas one and it is really useful. Thank you so much for picking me out this week - I was stunned when scrolling down the fab creations mine jumped out at me. I'm really chuffed to bits as everyone's entries are so good. Your card this week has given me an idea - I may be back later today or maybe tomorrow depending on whether I can get any crafting done today. Crikey this is beginning to look like an essay.
    Have a good day.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Di.
    I am loving your card for Sarn - must go and wish her Happy Birthday.

    Wouldn't it be nice to have some ducks to splash in all of the puddles in the playground?!!

    Superb top picks again. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Di........"WOW" Truly stunning card again as always your so inspiring another fabulous showcase congrats all your cards and creations are stunning and many congrats to Anne enjoy your prize ....have a lovely day Di x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Di, just stopping by with my entry for this week - zapping my confidence as usual though as I check out last week's amazing and snippet intricate entries. BUT if my little name pops out of the hat I'd love to be in with a shout for the memory box die and love how you've used it on your card. Happy Birthday Sarn. xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss Di

    A bit earlier this week!! Yay!!!

    Loving your card .. .. fabby die!

    Great picks for the gallery this week .. . those pop up boxes just "need" to be tried here when there is time!!! I love them.

    Have a good week and belated birthday wishes to Sandra! I bet she loved her card!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Happy Birthday Sarn, and this die makes a really lovely card Di with the addition of the pretty flower. Some really lovely highlighted cards as usual too. Hope you are having a good weekend Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  13. You've made a beautiful card for Sarn, Di! Thank you for the head's up about her birthday, the little minx! Great highlights of the week and welcome to the newbies!! (Sweet memories of your gifts to your parents; what a sweet girl then and now!)

    I'm just playing for fun, but that is an excellent die prize!!

    Hope the weather evens out for you this week, in a good direction!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wauuu
    all cards are amazing
    so special and beautiful
    love all
    hugs to all on playground
    expecialy to my dear friend Di
    Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a wonderful way to say Happy Birthday and wonderful picks as always!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your wonderful card Miss Di, that really is a fabulous die and the colours are super. Glad to hear Parsnip is back to normal again - did he have to bribe you with choccie eggs? Wonderful picks and congrats to Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. That's a beautiful card you made for Sarn! I just love that die and all those pretty pearls inside of the flower! I'm sure she loved this card, and if you're reading this - Happy Birthday Sarn! (Better late than never!)
    The showcased cards this week are simply amazing - WOW! Congrats to Anne for winning! Woot woot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Love the card Di, very inspiring pick, need to have a go with those boxes, they are very intriguing.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  19. So many wonderful creations already.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thanks for showcasing my card and all the other lovely entries, I am really late tonight as have been on the phone to a friend who has just nearly cried for 2 hours as she has had to have her dog laid to rest.
    Fabulous creation and brilliant use of the die.
    Have a great week

    Kath
    Gutted that I didn't know it was Sarn's birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love the birthday card you made for Sarn, that is such a great die. i hope to get back with a snippet card later in the week.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Popping by to link up my Rudolph cards over here. Two fairly simple ones but thank goodness I got them done!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thank you for your lovely welcome last week and congratulations to my friend Anne who told me about this challenge and managed to win a prize first time.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Lovely card Di and such a lovely die..I was so lucky to win last weeks challenge...thank you

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hello Di,first of all congratulations for your wonderful blog and your wonderful creations, this birthday card is really very beautiful, I love the layout! Thank you for showing my cards.
    I wanted to know if I could participate in the challenge this week with a card that I posted yesterday (Sunday) at 12:16 am (now in Italy), since you posted your challenge yesterday Sundays.
    Hugs, Ileana

    ReplyDelete
  26. Just uploaded my entry. FAB makes today

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm back again! Why is it my snippet bags seem fuller instead of lighter?

    ReplyDelete
  28. Cool car you made with this cool die - I treasure my Merry Christmas die I won from you last year - almost ordered this one.... I love those pop-up box cards you are showcasing here - every time I see one I want to make one.....

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your card and all the cards you have chosen to showcase this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Oh Miss, what a great card (Happy Birthday Sharn) - that die is just fantastic. Some lovely picks of the week and I'm honoured to be included in them. I hope to play again this week if I get the chance x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Thank you for showing off my bit of tin. I have a titchy bit sat on my desk glaring at me and daring me to use!!! Will just play for fun this week. hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Hello fellow playmates and Snippeteers THANK YOU so much for all the lovely birthday wishes.

    Well of course you all KNOW that I LOVE the card Miss is showing us this week don't you? It's FAB and even lovelier IRL.

    Great picks of the week Di . . . and well done to the new girl Anne for winning the prize.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  33. My goodness....I feel so lucky to have been picked this week. So many fabulous makes I am honored. Congrats to Anne....I'm loving the great prize this week, but I am just playing for fun. I'm sending lucky thoughts to all those who are playing along...Happy crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Such a beautiful card Di, lovely design with the corner embossing and great HB die-cut at the bottom.
    Happy Birthday to Sarn : )

    ReplyDelete
  35. Back again. I think I'm going to have to turn my key in!

    ReplyDelete
  36. This did invoke the calypso feel of the islands, Miss D. Loving that Grand die (not got it yet either!Just rec'vd the Christmas one though). Love the colors and that pretty flower with this awesome diecut. TFS & Hugs. Now off to enjoy some delightful cards that I glimpsed as I scrolled to comment.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Di, love those colours and your design, makes for a very pretty card. Great showcase too, lots of nifty techniques shared in the playground, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Di and Parsnip,
    wonderful card as usual.
    Love Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Back again, hoe you have a good weekend xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.