Sunday 11 May 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 124

Whizzzzzz, and another week flew past in the Snippets Playground. As ever, lovely to see all your entries - and here's my snippets card for this week:
Aw, so romantic :)

I used:

- 7" x 7" square white card blank with the front covered with SU's 'Very Vanilla' card stock as all my cream card blanks are too small 

- black backing paper, punched around using Martha Stewart's 'Cherish' Punch Around the Page set

- a whole sheet of patterned paper from Wild Rose Studio's 'Letters from Paris' paper pack

- a snippet of black card (bet you were wondering if I'd used any snippets) which was die cut with a Marianne Collectable die - number 'COL1344' - this lovely pussy cat die comes with some clear stamps with some French sentiments but I opted to use another die to cut out the word 'Love'. It's a Cheery Lynn die 'B227 Love' and comes with two dies, one bigger than the other one - I used the larger of the two and a little snippet of course

- a handmade rose was popped in the top right hand corner

- two little pink hearts were punched out of a teeny snippet of pink card, using SU's 'Owl Builder' punch

- final touch, little clear diamantes on the pussy cats' collars

So the snippets I used were less than usual this week - but I do always say that even one single snippet is fine :)

Straight onto this week's picks now - as usual so difficult to choose:

 
This card is very special, made by Ike. Just look at all the great paper piecing PLUS Ike used one of Sarn's 'Dangles' and made three cards - now you can buy your own digital dangles over on Sarn's blog to play with as well :)

This card, made by Sue P, just popped off the screen at me - so elegant and great way to use poinsettia dies. A perfect Christmas card!

What a gorgeous Mother's Day card, made by Darnell. Quite apart from the fabulous flowers I do love the idea of the sentiment on vellum.

Anne F recently won the Penny Black 'Pin-striped' stamp in the Playground, and just look how beautifully it's been paper pieced and used, fabulous!

I love this cute Anniversary card, made by Ileana. Lots of snippets there too :)

Inchies are amongst my favourite techniques right now, and Jan made this fabulous card to share. Absolutely beeeeeautiful!!!

Eve also did some paper piecing using a Penny Black stamp, so elegant! This is a stamp I'm still trying to hunt down - to absolutely NO avail, sigh :(

Who would have guessed that tumble dryer sheets could be so beautifully turned into these fabulous flowers? Made by Hazel and I love them!

Kim hopped into the Playground waving a card made with her winnings, the Grand Happy Birthday die from last weekend. So lovely - I bet the envelope was ripped open immediately and Kim set to work! LOVE the doily fan as well.

So that's a quick scamper through this past week's picks, as always though it's almost impossible to choose just a few from all of your fantastic entries!

And we had one new Playmate join us this week:
Please welcome Maria - and Parsnip says 'hello' too of course :) Hope we see you back again to play with us!

And now the winner of last week's 'bumper bundle' is:
Well done Greta! Just shows, number 13 can be a lucky number :) Can you please let me have your address (di_wray@hotmail.com) and I'll post the dove stamp, embossing folder and the Christmas sentiments off to you this week.

This coming week's prize won't surprise anyone I'm sure:
Yup, it's dies the same as the ones I used for my card today - both sets.

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 17th May and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. The prize IS both die sets, but if you only fancy one or the other just say so in a comment and I'll do a second draw if you win for the item not on your wish list. But, you can have both if you wish :)

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - keep those snippets coming :)

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

39 comments:

  1. That cat card is just ADORABLE, Di! Love that Eiffel Tower in the background - so cool - great for Mothers Day - it on Sunday here, but also perfect for Valentine's day! Love your showcased cards - such beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous card Di, love the dies used
    and pretty paper. Thanks for choosing my flowers in your picks, love all the other picks too.
    Hope you are having a wonderful weekend.
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww, look at those kitties romancing one another in Paris! TOo cute!! Great job on the snippets this week ladies! Congrats to all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty card Di, love the romantic kitties! Fantastic showcase once again, congrats to everyone, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh WoWza !! That is such an adorable card and a super gorgeous Prize !!! Just look at that Showcase - what AWESOME creations there are and a big Thank You for putting me in there too :-D
    Mega Hugs
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. An adorable and so romantic card Di, the little kitties are so cute.
    Well done everyone in the show case, with stunning cards.

    Congrats Greta.

    luv
    irene

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVING this striking yet romantic pink card with the splash of black.

    Those dies look great and I just know there'll be lots of cat lovers out there clamouring for the prize!

    Congrats to Greta on winning the prize.

    Lovely showcased entries, as ever (and THANK YOU for the digi plug too! Mwah, mwah)

    Hoping to come back and play later.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di...just love your adorable cat die...lovely card

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Di, thanks for all your lovely messages yesterday... Just so happens I have a snippet worthy CAS card today so decided to head over to check out the amazing talent. The entire are so good. I would love the little cat dies if my name pops out but I don't need the stamps. Love how you've used them too. Hugs sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Miss Di and the lovely Parsnip.
    What a fab card for this weeks challenge. Love the detailed edge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Morning Miss Di

    Is the playground very wet? Will I need my wellies as I bring my snippet makes over?

    Lovely romantic make from you this week. Gorgeous colour combo and fabby die cut. Love the diamond collars.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gorgeous image Di. I'm having problems trying to link up - sorry. I seem to be stuck and it won't let me press Next, or delete my details to start again. Christine

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovely sample card Di and your picks from last weeks entry have a floral theme, all of them are beautiful. Actually got my link in early this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Always fun to see what you have created with snippets and what others have done with theirs as well. I would love to own this prize.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness girl! This is tres chic!
    Love these dies and your pretty card. The cat dies is fabulous and love the little diamonds on their collars!!!
    Great picks for the showcase this week...how I look forward to Saturdays and reading your post!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely card Di - just like Donny and Blossom in the garden - now that she is on her Feliway!! Love the pink Paris paper. Thank you so much for picking my card with the other glorious picks, you really are kind.

    Hugs to you and Parsnip Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh Di what a fantastic card and gorgeous giveaway prize that die is stunning looks gorgeous on your card alone with beautiful backing paper....another lovely showcase and well done Greta enjoy your candy xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm ba-ack - and I've gone all abstract on you!

    Playing just for fun thank you.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Big congrats to this weeks line-up! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous card Di and some wonderful makes in the Playground this week.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your card is lovely Di, pretty paper and the pussy cats - love them, but I think you knew I would :) You must have felt absolutely spoiled for choice for the showcase this week as the snippeteers created so many fabulous makes. Congrats to Greta on her win too. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Gorgeous card Di and some gorgeous picks!!! well done to Greta as well huggles Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your cards Di are always so beautiful! I love these cats, black and pink, and background is gorgeous!
    Thank you for showing my cards.
    Hugs,Ileanaxxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just dropping by with a card. Off to Mum's in the early hours tomorrow.
    Everything packed but the last minute bits!

    Sill pop round to visit everyone when get to a cafe for coffee! The I can use their internet!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful Di and very romantic! It reminds me of the scene in Disney's Aristocats where Duchess and O'Malley are looking out over the rooftops in the moonlight! Vicky x
    PS just playing for fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Aaaawww this is gorgeous Di, love the collars, cannot believe I got to the playground at last, lol. Flora xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Gorgeous romantic card Di and thank you so much for choosing me for a top pick - I am going to make myself a gold badge!! LOL!!

    Fabulous other top picks as well.

    How are your cartwheels coming along? (back any better?)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Just popped back to send another virtual cuddle to Parsnip - and one from Fenton - the fern leaves are made from a snippet of green.

    Hugs to you Sue Pxxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh, Di, it is always such a shock and a lovely surprise to find one of my cards in the gallery showcase! I appreciate your shout out so much!! I am absolutely in wonderful company with all the spectacular picks! And congratulations to Greta, too! I'll be back later this week when I have time to visit and play with everyone! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  30. A truly adorable and beautiful card all rolled into one! Your kitties are adorable. Your BG, the sentiment, the beautiful flower, and the around-the page-border are just outstanding!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Lucky 13 indeed! What a great prize to win--thank you! Wonderful picks & I love your card, Di! I'm entering just for fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Well I'm back to play in the play ground again. I put my wellies on but I don't think I need them now that the weather is a bit brighter. Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. These cats are so cute Di. Love the backing papers too. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  34. Wonderful creations from everyone! I love your puddy cat card - so cute! Have finally been able to start using the templates and having much fun! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  35. Please do not include me in the draw for the prize. Thanks

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Beautiful, beautiful card Di, I used to love going to Paris, it's an amazing city and one I've never tired of, but I never get to go anymore! Brilliant picks, so much fun, snippety inspiration, lol! Only two more sleeps!! Must get that case packed tonight, lol!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  37. Super card Di, love those kitties enjoying Paris. More amazing highlighted cards too - so much inspiration xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. hullo Miss and Parsnip.. finally made it over to playground this week for a play.. fitting in with Annie's smiles too :D
    Cant remember if said in head but lovely card.. great cat die, Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  39. Hi Di. Thanks for linking me up. I'd scheduled that post and I've been flat out since then. I'd think about it late at night when everything was turned off.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.