Sunday 18 May 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 125

Fabulous weather here in the Playground - I just found discarded shoes, socks, sweaters and leggings scattered here and there, plus there's some ominous splashing and giggling coming from the duck pond! The ducks have taken flight :(

It's a girly snippets card this week:

I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- the image is from LOTV's pre-coloured Art Pad 6 called 'Fairies' and this particular image is 'Positively Pampered' - die cut with a Nesties die and a tickle of clear Wink of Stella added to the wings

- patterned papers are one whole whole sheet and a snippet from Wild Rose Studio's 'Annabelle's Meadow' paper pack

- all the purple, pale green and bright pink card came from the snippets folder

- the leaves and flowers were punched from snippets using a couple of different flower punches and a Martha Stewart foliage punch, then layered onto the card and white card candi popped onto the centres of the flowers

- the sentiment is by Whimsical Designs from the 'Whimsical Fun - Vol. 1' set, stamped using a Memento 'Elderberry ink pad then punched with SU's 'Large Oval' before being popped onto a scalloped pink oval, punched using SU's 'Scallop Oval'

And onto this week's picks, although as always it's such a tough choice so your best bet is to go also to last week's Mr Linky thumbnails and hop around to see for yourselves:

I chose this card, made by Jenny, because of all the lovely elements used and it's in keeping with this week's theme of 'cards for kids'. Also, Jenny is still in a lot of pain and a visit from you would cheer her up - so long as you don't play too rough :)

Truth be told, I could feature a card from Jules (our lovely Founder) every single week and this card is just one stunning example of how cleverly Jules uses up snippets - it's absolutely divine and should have you running for your snippets of patterned papers :)

Hazel made this adorable handbag/purse card - so, so pretty and very eye catching!

I think Sam takes the prize for sheer intricacy, layers and volumes of different snippets this week with this absolutely beautiful card. I already asked her to make one like it for my 50th Birthday, snigger :)

Ileana makes such beautiful cards and this is no exception. I actually commented and then went straight back for a closer look before commenting further - see the chair, it's paper pieced to pull it together with the background papers. Clever stuff!

This card, made by Mo, leapt out at me as well. I think it's a beautiful card and made all the more so by the flower embellishments which echo the background paper.

Some little wag remarked that almost all of last week's picks had flowers on them, I hadn't even realised that - so here are  few without any flowers at all to balance things out!


Christine made this beautiful card, I do love all those layers and the richness of the deep pink - perfectly complimented by that luscious bow!

I love the simple yet stunning design of this card, made by Greta. A perfect way to use up a selection of snippets!

Amanda made this great card, all using snippets. Gosh it brought back memories of impatiently waiting for the image to appear on Polaroid photos :)

And Sue J really came up trumps with this card, just perfect for a little chap! Love it!

We have one new playmate this week as well - Flora has been peeking through the fence at us for ages and finally came to play, yay!
Flora's posts are often very funny so you'll be sure to come away with a smile on your face! Make sure you come back again soon Flora.

Now it's time to run the Random number thingy to see who won the dies from last week, and it's:
AJ
 
Well done AJ! I found that I still have your address so will post your prize off to you ASAP :)

And this coming week's prize is:

Yup, it's the actual LOTV 'Positively Pampered' stamp the same as the pre-coloured image I used today (kindly donated by Sarn), plus another little cutie of a stamp set by S.W.A.L.K called 'Little Madam' (kindly donated by Sandra H) AND a set of 10 LOTV uncoloured images the same as the 'Vintage Boys' set here (kindly donated by Sarah of Sazzle Dazzle). I don't think LOTV sell printed uncoloured images any longer, which is a shame as they do allow you to vary the colours you use. So that little lot of stamps and images should be a help to anyone making cards for girls and boys - and in fact the Vintage Boys images are good for older chaps too I think. I took the goodies out of their shiny packetsjust to take the photo as the light was bouncing on them! OK, sales pitch over :)

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 24th May and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. The prize IS both stamp sets (they each come with their own sentiment) and the uncoloured LOTV images, but if you only fancy one or two of the items just say so in a comment and I'll do a second draw/third if you win for the item not on your wish list. But, you can have all three if you wish :)

And there's a little change for this coming week- but it won't affect opening and closing times. I always finish or even totally do the Playground write-up on a Saturday morning and next Saturday (24th) it's the WOYWW Crop so I'll be away playing (with Sam, yay!!) for the whole day. However, the Playground will open and close as per normal with a new Mr Linky at midnight on the Saturday and I'll be including my snippets card and details of the new prize on offer in that fresh Playground post.

Then, on the Monday I'll post the name of the winner of this week's goodies (I need to have all entries in when I run the Random selection thingy of course!) as well as the weekly picks. Bet this is as clear as mud :(

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

Have a great week - keep those snippets coming :)

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

32 comments:

  1. How cute, that little fairy! Gorgeous coloring, Di! I'll be back tomorrow with a card :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, Di - and I love the LOTV art pads - I've just linked a Christmas card made with one of the pics from an Art pad - just really surprised myself by being first - can't believe it - wide awake and taking my turn on the swings xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute card - so very pretty too. Love the stamp you have used and I will be back tomorrow to check out the gorgeous picks a bit more closely. Just off to bed, is way too late! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your girly card, Di! Those flowers are wonderful! Thank you for noticing my balloon card. Always fun to see your picks--terrific cards by everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just uploaded my entry - just playing for fun this week as I already have this stamp, Di

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank for highlighting my card. It was a treat to open your post and see it there.

    Your card is so adorable. That image is a sweetie...love her wings!

    Great design...the flowers are just right with her.

    Up at the lake now having a well deserved rest! Perhaps even a bit more card making...lol Made you a card last week but couldn't link it...will have to figure how to do it on my Iphone next time.

    Plan to get round and visit last weeks cards and this weeks with all my R&R time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOOOh I just KNOW you'll have a great time at the WOYWW crop with Sam. Try not to cause TOO much mischief!

    LOVING your sweet LOTV card with all the pretty flowers.

    As usual - great showcased entries.

    Congrats to AJ on her win.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di, Beautiful and full of lots of detail is your card and gorgeous image these pre-coloured images save lots of time and it's got pink it in which is your favourite colour.....Great showcase as always and many congrats to Aj enjoy your winning also a little confession l posted my card yesterday and just missed your last challenge so l hope you don't mind me entering into this one enjoy your day xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card Di and what wonderful picks again this week. I shall try and get some snippets together and play this week. I have been using full sheets/pages for DT work of late and don't like to cheat!! Have a lovely day xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ooh, meant to say nice to see you in "Quick Cards" !! xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card and fab prize Di! Thank you for picking my handbag card and all the other cards are gorgeous!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What lovely snippets entries showcased here! You ladies always inspire me with your creations! Congrats everyone!
    Di, your card is such an adorable & sweet image, perfectly embellished with those great flowers!!
    I'm playing just for fun this week....I'm still enjoying the feathers :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di - told you I would be back...fab prize, but leave me out of the drawing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank You. I will let you know when I receive it. I love your creation. The way you colored your little girl is fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That fairy is super-cute Di. Enjoy your crop. Lynn x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I spy
    With my little eye
    In the Quick Cards Mag
    A picture of our lovely Di
    (along with her fabby card)

    Well done!! Lovely to see you there.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Di

    Back again all linked up and wanted to say thank you for the little shout out and your kind words.

    Lots of lovely makes as always from everyone.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wonderful card Di, that is a sweet LOTV stamp. Fabulous highlights especially the one from Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Gorgeous card Di, those papers are lush and a fabulous layout, gorgeous image.
    Hopefully I will get to enter and if I do I would like to say "thanks you so much, but no thanks you, it's the wings"
    Gorgeous picks this week.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lovely card there Miss. Fankoo for picking mine for a show.
    May I decline the draw this week please? Bit fiddly for me!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. back with another...hanging out with my snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Miss Di and the lovely Parsnip.
    Thank you so much for choosing my card to feature. I am really chuffed.
    Love you super creation yet again.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely sample and picks from last week. Managed to get mine in quite early for a change! x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hmmm - tried to upload another card, but couldn't - maybe I'll try again tomorrow.. I am not at home, but that should not matter....

    ReplyDelete
  25. ah so many wodnerful creations by the snipetty playground Di truly inspiring, love it all, Shaz in oz.x
    PS must be hard to pick them each week.. wodnerful work all around..

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautiful card, I do love LOTV - not got this one yet, but maybe one day LOL!
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Too cute your little fairy card. I just got some Wink of Stella pens and I love them....so sparkly! Great picks again this week. So much talent comes your way!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I actually made back here this week.
    I love your pretty fairy card with that sweet image and gorgeous backing papers. Super selection picks too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just popped by with another card. Had fun with this one!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super sweet indeed and some gorgeous picks this week - as usual. No thanks to the prize this week x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Another very cute card, Di - such a sweet image! I love your dramatic pink and black flowers, too, they look so good!

    And, oopsie, I put 'no thanks' on my name in mr Linky instead of here. Sorry!

    love Mags B x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Love that cute LOTV fairy Di, and such pretty pink papers and bright flowers to go with it. Sorry to creep in at the last minute, but still seem to be chasing my tail. Love the highlights from last week, there are lots of great cards there. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.