Sunday 1 June 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 127

And yet another week flew by, with lots of you making cards for both Sarn's Rudolph Day and the Playground. Plus, apart from the mad week when Sarn whipped you all up to hit 100 entries, we had 70 entries this week, fabulous!!

Here's my snippets card - as you can see, I didn't use a shed load of snippets but even just one snippet qualifies of course:
I used:

- A6 white card blank

- a snippet of SU's 'Real Red' card stock for the 'frame'

- Penny Black stamp called 'Missed You!', coloured with Faber Castell Polychromos pencils and blended with Sansodor

- the flag pole was made with a little strip/snippet of white card, just with black bands added using a Whispers marker and the flag was punched from a little snippet of SU's 'Real Red' using SU's 'Petite Pennants Builder' punch

- the sentiment was stamped in Memento 'Tuxedo Black using a sentiment from the Stamendous 'Happy Messages' set

As always, I use my card swatch to check which SU card snippets I use from the snippets folder, that's how I know the names of the colours.

The idea for the card design came from Susan, over at 'My Little Sanctuary'.  I did email Susan asking if I could CASE it and had a very sweet 'by all means' in response :-)

Onto this weeks picks now - and they're getting more and more difficult to pick as the weeks go by. This week was trickier than ever.

Val made this really pretty card, cleverly using an embossing folder and sentiment which came free with a recent craft magazine - I love all the extra birdies and flowers.

I know that lots of you really loved this card, made by Maarit. Fabulous background and the half daisy is so clever!

This card made by Anne really caught my eye (eek, no pun intended there!), very clever use of a great image and lots of lovely layers. Like the way the two red hearts really 'pop' too.

I know, it's a pink card and there are flowers so this card made by Eve really caught my eye too - I particularly love how the image and the papers go together so well, even though they're made by different companies. I think that one of the secrets when using papers with an image is to pick out what snippets/papers you want to use before embarking on colouring.

This is such clever use of little ribbon snippets, made by Laura. It's one of a set of canvases she's been working on and I love that it's so different. I admit to throwing little snippets of ribbon away here :(

Grin, I suspect that Sam (aka Hettie) would have the vapours at the idea of throwing ribbon snippets away! This is a 'leaving' album for a work colleague and, oh my, plenty of ribbon there plus the little feathers to echo the chicken theme. A beautiful album! I was lucky enough to handle Sam's Christmas 2013 album last weekend at the WOYWW Crop and photos truly don't do them justice - every page contained little secrets, tags, opening flaps, you name it!

Quite apart from the great 'is that bump a baby boy or girl?' image, I love the background that Mary Anne made here - just by using up the contrasting single strips from the edges of individual sheets of designer papers.Clever!

That was a really super fast scamper through some picks, as I said earlier, every single entry was fabulous so do please check out last week's Mr Linky if you haven't already done so.

And we have one new playmate this week:

Meg came to play for the first of what I hope will be many times. And what a beautiful Christmas card this is - so fresh and clean and beautifully made.

OK, so onto the winner of last week's prize, Christmas stamp and die:

Well done Linby! It was lovely to read your comment, just now when I checked that you hadn't said a 'No thanks', saying you love the stamp but haven't got round to owning it yet - Mr Random just put that right for you, along with the ivy corner die :) I also checked back and I think your last weekly win was in week 54 back in January 2013 so you were well due for it to be your turn. Can you please let me have your address (di_wray@hotmail.com) and I'll post the goodies off to you this week.

And of course, this next week's prize is connected to my snippets card:
Yup, it's a stamp the same as the one I used today - Penny Black's 'Missed You!'

AND, to celebrate hitting 70 entries I'm also doing one of the 'two week' things. Most of you will already know this, but to be in with a chance of being picked by Mr Linky you have to enter a total of three times over the next two weeks. Not three per week, just a total of three over the two weeks so you can do three in one week, or split it between one and two over the two weeks. Just so long as you have a total of three entries - but of course you can still enter three times each week if you want to. DO please try to remember to add the number 3 after your name on your third entry if you want to be in the draw for the prize shown below - if you forget just leave me a comment. It makes life so much easier if I don't have to trawl right through entries counting up over the two weeks plus it makes it clear that you're playing for the extra prize - which is this beauty:
This has to be one of my very favourite embossing folders, even though I haven't used mine as yet! It's absolutely gorgeous and I think it would make a card front on its own, made by Spellbinders and called 'Shell Beauty'. It's deeply embossed and would be great to use with the brayer to ink one side before embossing. Sold? So get cracking with those snippets and I'll do the draw after 11am UK time on Saturday 14th June when I do the usual Playground stuff:)

The usual snippets challenge will run for one week (for the Penny Black stamp) and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 7th June and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day. Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, I can sort it out for you quite quickly and am always happy to do so.

After a very damp week we have sunshine here in the Playground but the weather is still variable. But who knows, as it's June perhaps things will improve - see you in the Playground!

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

41 comments:

  1. Happy June, Di! I'm sure my eyes and computer are deceiving me that I am no. ONE?!! I've been having trouble all day leaving comments, so hopefully the link and comment will work.

    You have done an outstanding job picking wonderful artists to showcase this week!! Even though it is hard to choose, what a fun job is that?

    No thank you on the pressie! See you on the playground!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable PB stamp & I love your card, Di! I plan to get 3 cards made in the 2 weeks, but keep me out of the drawing for the stamp. Really lovely & unique picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such fabulous cards you show on here - gorgeous !!!
    Your Golfy Hedgey is really such a sweet card and lovely colouring :-)
    I would LUV to win a Hedgey of my very own :-D
    Hugz
    IKE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Di thanks for mentioning my card, you had so many wonderful entries it inspires me to make more use of those little bits of card and paper. Love your PB card they have so many wonderful stamps. Enjoy your week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations to Linby! Lots of gorgeous cards here, once again!
    In with my first card...plan to do three..

    Your card is a sweetie. I have this stamp and I must say that your hole flag is a wonderful idea! I will have to try that...haven't inked that stamp for a few years! Forgot I had it till I saw your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip,
    Congrats to the winner and all the lovely creations featured.
    Love this super card you have created.
    Your colouring in of the stamp is fab.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cute image on your card - love it. Thanks for showcasing my entry from last week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Di,
    I'm here bright and early today for a change!

    Thank you so much for highlighting my card - I am truly honoured.
    All the other entries are amazing.

    Hope you have a lovely weekend. xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Morning Di, can't believe we are into June already but hubby's birthday tomorrow so should have realised!!! Anyway I've popped by to add my entry for this week and hopefully I'll get to 3 entries with next weeks for the special prize. I'm not normally into wooden stamps but your hedgehog card is so cute and fun I'd love that stamp if my name jumps out of the 'bag'. Thanks for all your comments on my blog and the tips for pop up box cards. Have a fun day. Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Di and this gorgeous day hope your getting this lovely sunshine as we are getting today......not before time though! Stunning card and so adorable is your image l'd love to take part in winning this my cards will be with you later and congrats to all of the showcased cards again are stunning and to Linby enjoy your win xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hee hee - I didn't know Spike could play golf too - isn't he clever? Great flat you made there too Di.

    Congrats to Linby for winning last week's prize.

    Fabby showcases again this week.

    Playing just for fun as usual.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello - I just linked up for the first time! I use snippets all the time and I wish I had found your playground sooner! I love your little hedgie golf card! Congrats to the winner and top picks from last time - well done, ladies! You have some awesome prizes - count me in!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Di, my internet is playing games, working, not working, but I finally managed to get back on. What a cute hedgie card! Fantastic showcase once again too, I'm just playing for fun for the week and the seashells (I have that folder), Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Seems I'm not the only one with connection problems . Please stick me in the pot with the ickle hedgie but not the shell as I got it straight after you did!! Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Fab card Di and the hedgie is so cute! fabulous cards off everyone and congrats to Linby!!! huggles Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Now that's a perfect sentiment for your golfing card DI! I can't stop chuckling ;)
    Great notables again for this week's playground entries ladies, and congrats to all of you - especially Linby for your win!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Fun card Di, very clever design and use of the sentiment. Thank you for highlighting my card, I'm honoured.

    Hope you're having a great weekend sweetie.

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  18. Congrats, Linby! I would also like to say thanks for the special nod on my baby bump card!

    As for that Hedgie golfer.....so cute, Di!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Di - Sorry I've not been around - been in hospital for almost 3 weeks - not good. Not able to craft just yet but will be popping into blog land to check out stunning work. Love your Penny Black creation.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  20. I managed to get in here early this week after I've been missing for a week or two. Your cute card is fun, and your picks are fabulous as ever. I am playing for fun this week but if I manage to get three cards made I would love to be in the draw for the Embossing Folder.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks for calling in today, Di. I really learned a lot from just watching Shaz last week. I always find I learn more from watching people doing these things than from any description. Have a good week. xx Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ooh so excited to win, especially as you know it is on my wish list and I'm trying to be good!
    Love your card this week too, especially the crafted golf pole.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Here at last Miss Di

    Another great snippet make from you .. .. fabby weekly picks and well done Linby!

    Just playing for fun as this little chappie already resides in my favourite stamp drawer.

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love your cute PB card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  25. Another glorious sunny day here...sporting a bit of a tan on my shoulders and back of my neck...obtained it while shopping at the scrappy garage sale in the sunchine!
    Just dropping off another card...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Now who is going to slap Mo for gloating about the sunny weather?
    Fanks for mentioning my lickle album. I knew Ali liked it as she put photos of it on fb!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip,
    just entered my 2nd entry.
    Love your super Poppy pic, I have one just the same as that, but my garden is a mess at the mo as I can't garden yet, and hubby is not well enough to do it for me.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  28. Good morning Miss Di, Your card is so sweet, I love the little flag, what dimension it adds to your card. I'm sure we will all run wild on the playground today... such wonderful weather we are having. Enjoying the sunshine, which for now is not too hot!

    ReplyDelete
  29. What a cute card you have made. this is an adorable stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Fabulous card Miss Di and that is a super stamp. I will pop along to play later but just for fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  31. Ack!
    Number 40 is my third card and I forgot to write "3" beside it. Sorry!
    I am a wee bit sleepy...think I need a nap!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Happy June Miss Pixie!
    Congratulations to the winners and welcome to the newbies! Such gorgeous picks again Miss and a fabulous card from you too!
    I was going to accuse you of making a crepe paper flower and sticking it onto a stick - that is beautiful! I'll be back soon Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  33. I'm a little late this week, but wanted to stop by for a quick peek. Great picks as always and an adorable golfer. Just playing for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Love the miss you stamp! I have missed you! I haven't the creativity lately to stamp much. I discovered a whole drawer of snippets to play with once I'm back on my game.

    ReplyDelete
  35. wonderful cards Di, both here and up above.
    ... You really are busy. am taking wee break so have not been around much and going to have to be so for while.. but wanted to pop over with some makes from earlier in year :D love Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip,
    I have just entered my 3rd project for the challenge.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  37. I made a mistake Miss!!!
    I thought I had entered two already but I'm not sure so the one I just entered might not be #3 - will try to check more thoroughly in a mo! Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hey Di, I received my package and have entered a card using the cat die cuts. Lovin my prize. Thanks *U*

    ReplyDelete
  39. Loved finding your snippets challenge...Hope I've added it right, nothing happened for the first three tries. But I think its there now!!
    ((Lyn))

    ReplyDelete
  40. Gorgeous PB image and lovely card. Congrats Linby!
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Congrats to Linby for last week, and what a lovely selection of cards. I have managed two this week which is good for me. I love the golfing Hedgie Di and your idea with the flag is great. Thanks for the chance of that pretty EF - that's if I manage another card next week. x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.