Sunday 6 July 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 132

What a week! It's been really warm and humid here and of course Dumbo, with perfect timing, has been up to her eyes in sorting out, rearranging and cleaning round the house. So, my snippets card is a super fast one this week:
I used:

- a snippet of SU's 'Pool Party' card stock, folded to make a 5" x 5" card blank (so it was really a sizeable piece I found in the snippets folder but I make the 'rools', tee, hee)

- Penny Black's 'Soft Wings' stamp - stamped using Memento 'Teal Zeal', just off the edge of the card. Just a little bit of purple and yellow colouring using Whispers Markers - which I then tickled over with clear Wink of Stella

- the sentiment was also stamped using 'Teal Zeal' and the Winnie and Walter 'The Big, the bold and the Happy' stamp set

Super fast card as I said. I do love this stamp, it's very similar to SU's 'Swallowtail' butterfly stamp but only about two thirds of the size

Scampering quickly onto this week's Playground Picks:

Jules always makes fabulous cards - this Christmas one used plenty of snippets and so cleverly too.

Another Christmas make, this time it's a great Christmas Calendar made by Andrea. Love how the little discs will just flip over - one to copy I think!

Seeing the hedgie above, in case I forget to mention, Spike the Hedgehog is still visiting several times during the night to feed and have a drink but won't stand still once the light goes on outside and I appear waving a camera. Sigh :(

Oh wow, Jenny L made one of her amazing Wedding cards with a box to match -it's absolutely gorgeous! Do be sure to hop over to Jenny's to see the inside of this lovely card, plus the box.

I love this card, made by Mo - such a cheeky crab and all the seashore additions are just perfect. A card to make you smile I think :)

Another Christmas card, this time made by Cornelia. Such a fun design - love it! And what stunned me is that one of the challenge Cornelia entered this into required string, corrugated paper, plastic, a stamp and a hole - crumbs, no waaaaay could I have tackled that!!

Only five picks this week - out of 50 fabulous makes! It's busy here (Saturday as I'm typing) and after finishing and scheduling this I need to run out and do the weekly shop as I'm out playing on Sunday (Art Stamps at Newbury even though I already heard that it's not as good as usual from peeking at blogs, sigh). 

We had one new playmate this week too:

 aNNie (from Oz) made this adorable card and I persuaded her to come and join us in the Playground. Welcome and let's hope you came back and play soon Annie!

And the winner of the draw for last week's Penny Black 'Tree Treasure' stamp is:


 
Well done Karen! Can you please let me have your address and the prize will be posted to you ASAP!

And, of course, this week's prize is linked to my snippets card:

It's a Penny Black stamp - same as the one I used today called 'Soft Wings'. We seem to have had a little run of stamps as prizes lately, I'll see about rectifying that next week :)

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 12th July and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Have a great week! I've noticed a few more Christmas cards arriving in the Playground, it's almost as if once we reach the middle of the year a teensy bit of anxiety sets in :)

Di (and a wave from Parsnip)
x

37 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card there Miss. Now you know I NEED that stamp so just put my name in the hat won't you!
    Great picks and well done Karen.
    I shall link up later...yawn!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh wunnerful Miss love that butterfly stamp... wow sounds purrfect as always thot tge SU was too big.

    Great picks saw some for achange.
    Say hi to the disappearing Spike.

    Tired from being up past midnight to watch le tour. Dont know end had to switch off at 85 km so watch it later all being well. Love Yorkshire :) Shaz in Oz xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for featuring my card...it was a fun card to make.
    Wish I could join you at Newburyport...I could run interference!!!
    Love this pretty card...so perfect for Mrs A's theme this week. Will be back later with my first card in a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous butterfly card, Di! Looks like Christmas is almost here.... wonderful cards you chose to showcase and thanks for making mine of of them! Have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Back to drop off a fishing themed card...looks like I'm first!
    What luck!
    Everyone is asleep in England but it is only 5:30 pm here on Saturday.DH is standing out in the rain with an umbrella barbqing our supper!!!

    It has been scorching not for days with a wee bit of rain every now and again...just in time to water the gardens.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'M BACK...... with my card and I had to use left over tag ribbon and ripped background found in my paper stash....lOVE the stamp...xxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di - I'm still around occasionally al- though not back to blogging as I just can't get round to taking the photos. Love your card and I'm totally won over by the Advent card flip card idea wow what a gem.
    Have a good day at the show.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi my dear friend Di,
    your card is gorgeous and all others are amazing too
    have a blessed and lovely Sunday
    hugs and kisses Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  9. A beautiful card, and I love that stamp.The three snowmen cards in this week's pick is rather cute, and a pretty one from the new playground friend too. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  10. I adore your butterfly and that just off the edge effect. Perfect. Colours look really good together considering we are both pinkys by heart. Thank you for fluttering in this challenge. I love it when I see your name pop up. Hugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow what a gorgeous Butterfly stamp Di you have really done it justice!! truly beautiful is your card and the colours used are lovely too! great showcase and congrats Karen ....enjoy your week x

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is a beautiful butterfly stamp and I like the way it is flying off the edge - great card.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Beautiful butterfly card Di, gorgeous colours. Great picks once again. Have fun at the show, I haven't been to any over here this year, I keep spending instead of saving!! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love your pretty butterfly card Di. The sentiment is fab too.

    Playing along just for fun thanks.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Miss Di

    Loving your butterfly card .. .. that is one beautiful and detailed stamp and looks gorgeous stamped in teal.

    Thank you for showcasing my little heart Christmas card alongside all those other fabulous snippet makes.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous butterfly card Di, lovely colour too. Great bunch of showcase cards again this week.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Butterfly card Di, and I LOVe the stamped off the edge. Wonderful colours and shimmer, WOW that sentiment is amazing.

    Brilliant showcse cards.
    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOve your wonderful butterfly card Miss Di, it really is a fabulous one layer design - and thank you for highlighting my xmas calendar along with all the other fabulous makes xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Am so loving the sparkly butterfly. What a wonderful use of the WoS. See some intriguing entries at the Playground, hope to get back later to enjoy slowly. I've already enjoyed a couple that you've highlighted. Boy, I wouldn't want your 'job' doing this...it must be getting harder & harder! Enjoy your Sunday afternoon, TFS & Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous colouring on the image, love the slightly off the edge look, could have been a lot more off the edge for me lol.
    Brilliant card and if by any miracle I get to enter this week then you will not at all be surprised to hear me say "Thanks, but no thanks" lol.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hello Di, although your card was super fast to make it certainly doesn't look it. That butterfly is gorgeous. Once again you have, despite how difficult it must be, produced a wonderful showcase. I haven't been able to join in for some time but finally did today. Hope you are well, that the spring cleaning is done with and that the weather will freshen for you soon. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's a gorgeous butterfly card, Di! Brilliantly colored OLC and I love that you've stamped off the edge!

    Congratulations to the spotlighted artists this week! All well-deserved!!

    I'm off on holiday, but I will be popping by for visits when I have time. It's so fun to be back to see my mates! As always, I'm playing just for fun!!

    Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  23. What a gorgeous butterfly! And you've colored it beautifully! Hope you have a fun week!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Just popped an entry in Miss Pixie, hope to be back again later this week and will make more of an effort to visit this week - apologies to all your lovely ladies Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Just uploaded my snippet entry, Di - fab cards already - sorry to be so late!!!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  26. I'm back Di, forgot to say last time that although I LOVE that butterfly stamp I have a zillion of them (well nearly!) and should really use what I have before lusting for more! So I'm just playing for fun, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just popping in with my second card...upcycled but still a sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  28. I applaud you for your pretty 1-layer butterfly card! I don't know how to do a 1-layer anything! LOL
    Congrats to the makers of all of the lovely showcased creations this week, and a special congrats to Karen!
    I'm playing just for fun this week, so there's no need to add my name to the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. First, great shares from your gals. But then, they always are. I love your share. I'm hoping to get one made today...note I said hoping! One layer....boy, that's harder than it sounds...Well, wishing you a wonderful day! I'm with Carol, I'm playing just for fun this week too. Good luck to the others!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love the quick and easy butterfly card. I thought it look glittery on first glance so you captured that well in the photo. I love that stamp. You are right that it is like the Swallowtail butterfly from SU but not quite as crazy big.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Tis me again. Raced home in time to put my entry in. Gorgeous stamp on offer but don't add me in the pot this week as I have just won. Hugs me.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Your card is wonderful, Di--one layer are so hard for me. That stamp has been on my wishlist--what a lovely prize! Great picks, as always--congrats to all!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your sparkly butterfly card Di and the top picks are amazing.

    Hope you have a fab day.xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just popping by with my third card! This under the sea series has been such fun to make!

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Miss Di, and the lovely Parsnip.
    Thank you so much for featuring my card this week.
    It has made me feel so much better.
    Love your superb butterfly creation, and all the other cards you featured.
    They were so fab.
    It still astounds me how different we all are at creating our crafts.
    If we were all given the same crafting items to make something, how different they all would be.
    Thank you for all your hard work on this wonderful challenge.
    Oh and I must not forget Parsnips contribution.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  36. I just uploaded some cards...could not resist.... Have a great weekend, Dear!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I know this week's post looks just like last week's but it's not quite the same, honest!
    Been so busy this week this is only crafting (other than teaching classes!) that got done!
    HUgs
    Debs x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.