Anyhow, it's a Christmas snippets card this week:
- 5" x 7" white card blank
- silver holographic backing card from the snippets folder
- white card also from the snippets folder
- another snippet of silver holographic card, die cut using a fairly recently released Memory Box die called 'Tall Taper Candle' . I love this die and have seen it being beautifully used on a blog I follow and visit regularly, but for the life of me I can't recall whose blog it is
- the 'poinsettia' was made from some red Ribbonbox 'Poinsettia Red' Drawstring ribbon, with a few pearly white stamens in the centre then added to the card using hot glue
- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Real Red' and a Woodware 'Merry Christmas' stamp - designed by Francoise Read
- the sequins were die cut from another little snippet of the silver card using MFT's 'Sequins' die
- final touch, a 'tickle of Stickles' for the candle flame (I mixed up my own colour using gold and a touch of coffee Stickles on a scrap of paper and added it with a paintbrush)
So, onto this week's picks:
That was a fairly swift canter through my weekly picks - as always, every single entry whether picked or not, is well worth a visit - there are always great tips and tricks to learn as well.
And we had two new playmates join us this week - wahoo!
Phew, that seemed to take me ages this week, probably 'cos I was multi-tasking like there was no tomorrow!
Now it's time to do the draw for the Acid Drops and Whatnots stamp set plus the little 'cats eyes' ink pads - and the winner is:
OK, so onto this coming week's prize:
here. Of course it's the Memory Box 'Tall tapered candle' die, plus some of the red drawstring ribbon and double ended stamens (just fold them in half). I've also added some of the white drawstring ribbon plus 14 glass and silver dome headed brads in seven different colours in case you get hooked! Each length of ribbon will give you seven flowers BTW and I'd enclose the instructions of course, not that it's rocket science stuff!
Sorry, there IS a My Favourite Things 'Sequins' die in the toy box ....... being kept for another week though, to spread the chances of prizes out fairly :)
As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 16th August and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. And of course, if you're only interested in one or other of the items, then feel free to say so as well. I'd just run a second/third draw for whatever you don't want.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
A couple of things are imminent, tomorrow I'm joining in the Creative Blog Hop so I hope you come to call - even if only to see who is following on after me :)
And also. speaking of following, I just spotted that I'm almost at 300 followers! I've no idea how that happened but of course it's lovely and must be celebrated with some sort of candy, so that'll be appearing sometime soon when I hit the magic 300 as well. Fun times ahead :)
Have a great week!
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)