Sunday 10 August 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 137

Hi and welcome to another week in the Playground! We've had pretty good weather most of the week, with one really torrential downpour a few nights ago. Spike the hedgehog is visiting each night (he skipped the night of the huge downpour though) and is also bringing either a girlfriend or a youngster with him. Of course 'he' could be a 'she' but Spike's far too wily to hang about if we're picked up on the radar! We do know that we're being eaten out of house and home by them, and also we're slug and snail free as well! Which means they must be eating more than just what we leave out for them :)

Anyhow, it's a Christmas snippets card this week:
I used:

- 5" x 7" white card blank

- silver holographic backing card from the snippets folder

- white card also from the snippets folder

- another snippet of silver holographic card, die cut using a fairly recently released Memory Box die called 'Tall Taper Candle' . I love this die and have seen it being beautifully used on a blog I follow and visit regularly, but for the life of me I can't recall whose blog it is

- the 'poinsettia' was made from some red Ribbonbox 'Poinsettia Red' Drawstring ribbon, with a few pearly white stamens in the centre then added to the card using hot glue

- the sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Real Red' and a Woodware 'Merry Christmas' stamp - designed by Francoise Read

- the sequins were die cut from another little snippet of the silver card using MFT's 'Sequins' die

- final touch, a 'tickle of Stickles' for the candle flame (I mixed up my own colour using gold and a touch of coffee Stickles on a scrap of paper and added it with a paintbrush)

So, onto this week's picks:

Beginning with such a pretty and beautifully made frame, which will have a mirror tile in the centre. Val, who made this little beauty, wisely left the mirror off until after she took this photo :)

I love the fresh. crisp look of Sarn's cards - and here we even have her using ribbon and a charm - yay!

And here's another really fresh and crisp card, made by Meg. Each one of those stars on the Christmas wreath was carefully folded five times to get the dimension and to shape them - sheesh!

LOVE this Oriental card, made by Shaz in Oz. It's so rich and just beautiful and the fan is made using Oriental Quilting - a great way to add dimension.

Cornelia totally wowed me with a set of cards, all made using rainbow colours and a fabby STAMPlorations stamp set. Plenty of ideas over at Cornelia's - and this first card used little snippets for the centre circle and the word 'happy'.

Jenny L came up with yet another of her stunningly detailed cards - and the inside is equally as gorgeous too!

I spotted this wonderful BBQ invitation over at Julie C's and asked her to come and play with us again - thankfully Julie did just that! I think this is a brilliant idea - and what's even better, Julie has a full explanation of how she made the invitation in her blog post.

That was a fairly swift canter through my weekly picks - as always, every single entry whether picked or not, is well worth a visit - there are always great tips and tricks to learn as well.

And we had two new playmates join us this week - wahoo!
Isn't this adorable camper/caravan just great? Brenda L made it and I was so pleased she came to play as I've seen Brenda's name popping up on so many blogs I visit. Am now following you Brenda!

Love this really cute Christmas card made by Ciska! Those darling little musicians reminded me so much of Hummel figures - and really I wasn't surprised to read on her profile that Ciska is from Holland. Welkom op de speelplaats Ciska!

Phew, that seemed to take me ages this week, probably 'cos I was multi-tasking like there was no tomorrow!

Now it's time to do the draw for the Acid Drops and Whatnots stamp set plus the little 'cats eyes' ink pads - and the winner is:
Well done Liz, can you please drop an email to me with your address and I'll post the goodies to you ASAP (di_wray@hotmail.com). What's really lovely is that Liz only joined us a couple of weeks ago and is already a regular playmate :)

OK, so onto this coming week's prize:
All connected to today's snippets card, plus this card I recently made here. Of course it's the Memory Box 'Tall tapered candle' die, plus some of the red drawstring ribbon and double ended stamens (just fold them in half). I've also added some of the white drawstring ribbon plus 14 glass and silver dome headed brads in seven different colours in case you get hooked! Each length of ribbon will give you seven flowers BTW and I'd enclose the instructions of course, not that it's rocket science stuff!

Sorry, there IS a My Favourite Things 'Sequins' die in the toy box ....... being kept for another week though, to spread the chances of prizes out fairly :)

As usual, the snippets challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 16th August and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. And of course, if you're only interested in one or other of the items, then feel free to say so as well. I'd just run a second/third draw for whatever you don't want.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

A couple of things are imminent, tomorrow I'm joining in the Creative Blog Hop so I hope you come to call - even if only to see who is following on after me :)

And also. speaking of following, I just spotted that I'm almost at 300 followers! I've no idea how that happened but of course it's lovely and must be celebrated with some sort of candy, so that'll be appearing sometime soon when I hit the magic 300 as well. Fun times ahead :)

Have a great week!
 
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)
x

48 comments:

  1. Just had a quick look on here before I went to bed and saw that my name has come up to win the prize this week! Thank you so much! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to Liz!

    Some great picks...you picked some that I sure hoped that you would...in fact I had my fingers crossed for them.

    Will pop back with a post later tonight. It is date night and we just got back from having Chinese Food, at a little restaurant nearby...Now it is a catch up evening of all our British shows...starting with Vera!

    After the Boss hits the hay, I will pop back with my card. lol
    Just managed to take a quick peek at your post while someone moves the sprinklers for morning! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. WELL DONE to the prizewinners.

    Just uploaded my snippet make and can't believe I'm first!

    Playing for fun this week

    Stay dry folks with the dregs of Hurricane Bertha battering us all

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning Di another superb snippets card. That ribbon looks fabulous, christmassy and a perfect poinsettia.
    Just posted my entry for this week, not sure how many weeks I've missed but apologies. Well done to all the showcased crafters. Have a good day.
    Sarah
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Christmas card, loving that candle die. Thanks so much for showcasing my mirror frame from last week - I really enjoyed making that as a change from cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Di (and Parsnip) and all my little Playmates . . .

    Lovely festive Snippets make you got there Di. Gorgeous candle die.

    THANK YOU SO MUCH for including my card in the Show N Tell! Dead chuffed.

    Congrats to Liz on her win.

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, LOVE your card, those ribbon flowers look amazing. Lots of fabulous inspiration again in the playground, congrats to everyone :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Morning Di.........We have the rain now and boy is it wet!! gorgeous card and what a lovely image so beautiful with the holographic backing behind the white and your gorgeous poinsettia truly another of your amazing makes.....congrats to Liz and the showcase is stunning as always enjoy your day and nice to know the heggies are clearing up the slugs and snails xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't believe it, what a coincidence yours is far better.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi just gently stepping back in to blogland and yours had to be the first challenge I joined in. Missed it all. Good to be back.
    Love the cards on display this week as always such fabulous creativity.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooo Miss super card.. love the candle and pretties... we do have fun, well you could've blown me over with a feather when saw my first effort at quilting cards make a playground pick. Woohoo!!!!!! :D
    So many wonderful works... juat love that caravan card ... :) hugs for Parsnip. Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just a quickie before I I loose contact again. Playing for fun. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congrats to Liz and all the other spotlighted lovely creations! Such wonderful inspiration! Your card is lovely Di, with that pretty candle and especially all those knock-me-out sequins! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooops!! I forgot to mention in my comment that I'm just playing for fun this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous presentation
    your card is adorable
    have a lovely Sunday
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  16. Back again Di, used up a few more snippets! Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Some lovely snippets picks. I'm loving that candle - seen it a lot around blogland this week - it makes a very elegant card. Please can I borrow Spike and family? I'm being overrun with slugs and snails and they're munching away on all my new plants!

    ReplyDelete
  18. In all my excitement and happy dancing, I forgot to say how much I love your card. That candle die is just beautiful! Great picks this week too - lots of inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  19. In all my excitement and happy dancing, I forgot to say how much I love your card. That candle die is just beautiful! Great picks this week too - lots of inspiration. x

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are all so beautiful! Thanks so much for your condolences, Di, it really does mean so much.

    Hugs,
    Em x
    Creative Em

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card, Di, The candle die is gorgeous and who would have thought of a die to cut sequins with ... brilliant! The showcase, is as ever, inspirational. Congratulations to Liz on her win. Looking forward to reading your hop post tomorrow. Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card that candle die is stunning and the poinsettia a perfect finishing touch, many thanks for featuring my card this week. Meg

    ReplyDelete
  23. Congratulations to everyone who was listed - the talent at this Playground is getting bigger and bigger every week! I got to get to Ikea to get one or two of those frames! The decorated frame is stonkingly beautiful!
    Your Christmas card is stunning Miss Pixie and very, very elegant! Hope to be back again - dependent on pinky's playing fair! Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hi Miss Di

    A beautiful card. Your drawstring ribbon flower is stunning.

    There are just too many gorgeous dies in the world don't you think LOL!!

    Great show and tells again this week.

    I wish we had a hedgehog in our garden so we could be slug free. I think we could feed a family of 6!! LOL!!

    Have a good week.

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love this is the silver and the red poinsettia looks great against the silver. Great little dots and the sentiment is lovely and festive.
    Great picks.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  26. great cards, great prize and great challenge...I use to many times great :)
    I will look forward to come to the hop and see what did you answer...
    (I tagged darnell :))
    hugs bibiana

    ReplyDelete
  27. Great picks this week Miss! Well done Liz.
    Sending some damp hugs. Got me wellies and my work is in a plastic bag!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. Finally got back with card one. Off for supper out again and then will sit and read your new post...Looks like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I really love your card, Di--what a wonderful die & terrific prize package this week! The picks are great--so much talent in the Playground!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Playing for fun thanks Di.

    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  31. A fabulous card Di and I love the Memory Box die.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  32. A lovely card that die is so elegant
    Time to join in this week I really should try and join in more often as I have loads of snippets to use up

    Jackie x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Your card is stunning! I love that candle die and the red poinsettia is beautiful. I love that gorgeous ribbon.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Miss Di, thanks for popping by and leaving me some much appreciated get well wishes. I'm just popping for a quick play for fun with a card I had already made.
    Love your card with the super die and flower and the picks are amazing xx

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love the picks from last week. Boy you have talented playmates!
    No thanks to the die, if I'm so lucky as to be picked, I don't have a machine.
    :)

    ReplyDelete
  36. Lovely card! Love that holographic paper!
    Guess what? I've come over to play again after a very long break! Will you still let me in...? Just for fun even though the die is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Just popping back with a card to match my bag.

    Forgot to tell you that your candle die card is lovely. It remonds me of Lynden...a small Dutch village in Wahington state USA (just below where I live). I
    t has the distinction of having the most churches per capita in the USA.
    At Christmas most of the houses have a single candle burning in every window. It is very beautiful! Just like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Thanks for the lovely welcome Di, loved playing along and seeing all the great snippets projects, will try and come back with my makes regularly! Ciska

    ReplyDelete
  39. I'm baaaaack. I brought my little doggie to play in the Playground. Wouldn't I just love to!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. I love that MB candle die and the poinsettia ribbon looks like a great idea, and you made such a wonderfully elegant card Di. Thank you for your lovely comment and such helpful advice to overcome my embossing problem. I was actually running it through my machine, and I have done it before and made it work, but this time it wouldn't happen, but your idea sounds like the way to go, so next time will give this a go. Love all the highlighted cards from last week and congratulations to Liz. x

    ReplyDelete
  41. I just love your card this week Di. Both the candle die and the flower ribbon are gorgeous.
    I don't know how you do the picks each week. there are so many lovely cards on here to chose from, but you have found some great ones again this week. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love your Christmas card and the wonderful selection of showcased projects. I would love to own this prize.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Back with my 3rd...a new style for me...

    ReplyDelete
  44. 2nd trip to the playground! Extremely poorly this week though so I'll sit on the bench under the tree with my eyes closed! Keep the noise down please kids!!!xxx

    ReplyDelete
  45. Back with a 3rd entry Di, off to see who else is on the swings, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  46. Oh my, how elegant is that candle? You had me completely fooled; I thought it was silver-embossed stamping and had to read and look a couple of times to figure it out. No, it's not rocket science, but when your mind is convinced of one thing, it takes a while to change directions....

    ReplyDelete
  47. Done! Please don't enter me for the prize though - I haven't actually made anything. Well, made anything on paper…. you know what I mean…! :)

    ReplyDelete
  48. Beautiful snippet card, Di (don't forget CHNC extra) xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.