Sunday 14 September 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 142

First of all, a HUGE thank you for all your Birthday wishes, cards and gifts! It was a lovely day from start to finish :)

And straight into my snippets card:
I used:

- 6" x 6" square white card blank

- image and sentiment are from the Unity Stamp Itty Bitty set called 'Bouncy Blue'. I stamped the baby buggy using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' and coloured it using Whispers pens. The sentiment was stamped by colouring the stamp with the same blue Whispers pen and 'huffing' on it before stamping

- the turquoise card (SU's 'Tempting Turquoise' came from the snippets folder and the pale blue, plus the little snippets, are from Me To You's 'Spring Chic' paper pad

- the hexagons were die cut using Spellbinders hexagon dies - although I did the turquoise mat by drawing round the outside of the die I'd used to cut the image with and then cut it by hand

It had to be a super-fast make when we got back home from  a celebratory lunch on Friday!

This week's picks are:
What a fun card, made by Hazel - and the paw-print binding is a great touch!

I love this wedding card, made by Sam - tons of lovely die cuts too. I'm sure I saw a whisper somewhere yesterday that it's a very special Wedding Anniversary this weekend for Sam and her Simon - congratulations!

A really super 'screens' card made by Brenda - those adorable dresses and bags are fabulous snippets busters!

Who wouldn't love to be sent a Christmas card as beautiful as this one, made by Val. Just perfect.

Hazel (kbrandy4) made this stunning Christmas card - I love the idea of having an acetate front (you can just see it if you look closely enough) with a smaller image on so you can see the paper on the inside of the card.

Oh I did giggle at this super little snippets make, brought to share by Elizabeth. She's an Amigurumi penguin (named Priscilla!), crocheted using snippets of wool. So cute!

Lynn is one of our Playground jokers - and this week she came up with a real lulu of a card :) Tee, hee.

We had one new playmate this week, which was quieter than it has been recently - possibly due to the schools returning.

Can you please welcome Craft Nerd (aka Sarah) to the Playground. Hope you come back to play with us often Sarah!

The winner of last week's prize (the Woodware 'Tweet Birds' stamp set) is:
Well done Lucy! Can you please drop me an email (di_wray@hotmail.com) with your address and I'll post the stamp set off to you this coming week.
And here's this coming week's prize:
It's a stamp set the same as the one I used today (Unity Itty Bitty 'Bouncy Blue'), another one the same as the one I used on Friday's card here (Unity Itty Bitty 'Happy Happy Happy') - plus a great Studio G stamp set called 'It's Your Birthday' - which was kindly donated by Cornelia. So a cute selection - just right for those smaller cards too.

As usual, the Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 20th September and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize. As always, if you only fancy one or two parts of the prize then just say and I would do further draw(s) if your name pops out.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Have a great week!
 
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)
x

43 comments:

  1. Some greeat picks as always!
    Your card is a cutie. That is an adorable little buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing work
    Your card is so beautiful
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Belated Birthday Di - sorry I didn't say anything before. Great selection of cards again this week and yours is as usual a cracker.
    Ann xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you had a fabulous birthday Di! Your baby card is gorgeous I love the quilted look with the blocks. Great inspiration again as usual too. I'm just playing for fun this week, so no thankyou to the lovely prizes, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Morning All!

    YAY . . . I'm up early and in second! I have a note for my absence!

    GREAT showcased projects . . . particularly taken with the penguin!

    Love the baby card you've made Di.

    Congrats to this week's winner.

    Happy Sunday!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely makes again this week, Di, just uploaded my own too

    Happy Sunday

    KAthyk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for including my card in your picks and congratulations to the other entries. If I should be lucky in the draw I would only be interested in the Happy stamp with the little 'bug/bee' so the others could go to another lucky person. Pleased you had a lovely birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Di what a cute image too! lovely laytou and good use of snippets.........another fab showcase and many congratulations to Lucy .....enjoy your day x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your baby card is so cute! I really like the hexagons! And I love seeing your picks each week! Fabulous work, ladies! Congrats to the lucky winner as well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely your card Di...great selection of picks this week...

    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful baby card Di! Thanks for choosing me in your picks this week!
    Hugs, Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a darling card Di! I love that cute baby buggy and I love your hexi's. Great way to use some snippets. Oh thank you for the shout out too! How exciting when I saw that!! And a big congrats to Lucy and a big welcome to Sarah!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  13. The picks are fantastic this week as always - great job everyone, and congrats to Lucy! Woot woot!
    Love the baby buggy with pastel hexes on your card Di! So soft and sweet!
    I'm playing just for fun this week, but thanks for all the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a delightful snippet card, Di - that stamp is super. Gosh, I didn't expect to see my card among those highlighted this week - thanks. Love everyone else's - so much inspiration in the snippet playground, nevermind the opportunity to laze around on the swings for a while. Have a good week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great picks as usual and a lovely card from Miss too. I'm playing just for fun this week.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I'm slow but I'm here to wish you belated birthday wishes. Your baby buggy card is the cutest thing. This weeks picks are great. Lynn's card cracked me up, so fun.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your card and the picks are all gorgeous! Just playing for fun (not the prize) this week, thanks x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Belated birthday wishes from me too!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great Snippety collection this week. I needed to see something pretty after this morning's trauma! So glad it wasn't my anni this weekend! It is later I am afraid!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. Super card, Di. I like the hexagons. And it's lovely to see my Priscilla having an outing at the playground ... she's chuffed to bits to get a mention. Great showcase as usual and the prize for the week is fab but I'm only playing for fun this week so count me out, thanks :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Second card today I have seen using this set of dies and I commented then it is time I got round to using mine.
    Fab image and great layout, lovely card.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hello dear Di,

    Happy belated birthday! You need to tell me the date, please! If I remember correctly you were here in NM on your birthday when we met up?

    The snippet cards and penguin are great. One of these days..... I may hop on a swing and join in!

    I looked at two condos in Santa Fe that are for sale yesterday. Who knows, the next time you come to visit (I hope so) I'll be in Santa Fe with an extra room!

    Hugs,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Di

    Belated birthday wishes to you. Pleased you had a happy day.

    Great new baby card. Loving all the hexagons!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the cute little baby buggy on your pretty card. The hexagons are a good choice too.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great cards and I love the picks for this week. I too am playing along just for fun. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Oh what a cute little image! Very sweet. Happy belated birthday too, sounds like you had a fab time! I'm just playing along for fun this week.. trying to ease myself gently back into blogging and card making again!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  27. Glad you had a wonderful birthday, Di! Your hexagon baby card is original and delightful!!

    I love your showcased creations, as always! Such wonderfully talented peeps out there!

    I'm playing just for fun! Have a wonderful week and I hope the birthday lunches and fun are continuing! I know of at least one card coming late!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  28. Such fun picks... Love the dresses and purses, but the ghost sentiment is just fab.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Just quickly stopping by to enter my card for this week Di. Another fabulous showcase of cards - too much talented snippeteers out there I think including your own card. Sorry I missed your birthday but hope you had a good one.

    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  30. I am having so much trouble commenting on blogs. On bringing anything up for that matter. Argh! Love this artsy baby buggy! You can see that I am enjoying this win particularly. It's been stamped on several insides of cards. Just for fun this week. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I feel so special. Thanks so much for featuring my card.

    Your baby card is really cute. I really like the sentiment and the hexagons are great.

    All the other featured cards are fabulous as well.

    ReplyDelete
  32. I missed your birthday - oh, I am so sorry! Happy belated birthday from me! I hope you enjoyed it and I wish you all the best for your next year - stay happy and healthy and keep crafting, of course! That baby card is just wonderful - I guess its for a boy!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Cute ted./bee ! And some lovely gallery picks
    Hugs Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hi Miss Di & the lovely Parsnip.
    What fab creations as your picks of the week.
    Congrats to everyone chosen.
    Big congrats to the winner too.
    You always come up trumps with your fabulous snippets creations.
    This one is sooooooo cute.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L and a wave for Parsnip.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Another fun card Di. i really like the hexagons. I keep seeing them being used on cards. I might have to put them on my wish list!
    I am just popping in to play this week thanks.
    Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi there dear Di am so glad you had such a great day you deserve it.. many thanks for all you do each week for this fab challenge .. here finally made it over to put in my offering.. poor though it ... love your baby card its great as are the makes this week too. well done all playground buddies :D Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  37. Belated birthday wishes - sorry I missed it, I saw it was coming up and then life got in the way!
    Lovely card.
    Linbyx

    ReplyDelete
  38. Such an adorable card Di! Love it!!! The picks are super as always, it's always lovely to be inspired by them.

    Love
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  39. I was going to get my solicitor to send in my sick note for last week but on reflection I doub't you'd ever receive it!!
    I like your arrangement of the hexagons. Just playing for fun. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Fantastic picks, as always Di, and congrats to all of them! I hope you are okay hun as you've not posted for a couple of days.
    No thank you for the prize either Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  41. Forgot to say just playing for fun :-)
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. Happy belated birthday!

    Love how you've used patterned paper with the hexagon dies. Beautiful card! xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.