Sunday 23 November 2014

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 152

Oooer, I'm gonna be SUCH a cheat this week! Due to being busy all week and then missing in action on Friday (a girlie day out) I just haven't had any time to make a snippets card. So, I'm going to show couple of cards I've previously shown instead:
 

Quite a few snippets went into this card, made a couple of years ago for the little grand daughters in Germany and first shown here.


And this little fella was first shown here - the red frame was a snippet I'm sure. What I can't understand is that I only seem to have ever used the adorable Penny Black hedgie stamp once (albeit duplicated to make a further three at the same time). Bad girl :(

Apologies as I suspect some of you have seen these before but it's all leading to this coming week's prize of course :)

Straight onto this week's pick first - and crumbs, we had 83 entries altogether! The Spellbinders die certainly had a few of you making the maximum of three cards/entries as well. And the little show of hands saying 'Yes please' was 33!

It was more difficult than ever to just pick three OK, I picked four, makes, but I daren't start adding more and more to the picks - time is so much at a premium right now. So here are some entries from my long list of picks:

Brenda B came up with a lovely new term - 'punchlings'. And such a great way to use up snippets to make these lovely 3-D baubles don't you think? Added bonus - they fold flat for posting too!


I just had to show you this really clever idea for using up vinyl snippets, brought to us by Brenda L to dress up soap dispenser bottles. Brenda used her Cricut but of course you could use punches and/or dies just as easily.


And this is another fabulous idea, made by Sandra - great storage for pens and pencils! I did giggle a bit as the round pots are empty gravy granule pots - and I had visions of huge vats of gravy being consumed in order to save the empty pots :)


And while we're going for dimensional snippets makes - how about Snowman Soup, as made by Eve? What a fun gift :)

And we have one new playmate this week, called Karen Ladd. Karen posts her cards on Flickr and I had to sign up to a Yahoo account to be able to comment, and also I can't work out how to showcase Karen's cards (she entered three times already this week) - but you can see them in last week's thumbnails at numbers 44, 45 and 59.

Onto the bit you've been waiting for - the draw for last week's prize of the Spellbinders 'Picture Perfect' die set plus the pack of five sheets of Stick-It self adhesive sheets. And now for a little drum roll - our winner is:

Brenda first came to play with us in September 2013 (hah, back in August this year I mistakenly thought it was her first time to play with us - and she was way too sweet to correct me!). Anyhow, after playing for well over a year, this is Brenda's first prize win and I'm sure you'll all be delighted for her! All the more so as her beloved husband has been facing some rotten times healthwise, and of course Brenda is walking beside him hand in hand on that journey. So, can you please drop me an email Brenda with your address and I'll get to the Post Office as soon as my little legs will carry me!

And how I wished I had a whole box full of those dies to give away girls. 

And onto this coming week's prize, it's stamps exactly the same as the ones I'd used on my cards at the top of this post. Belles and Whistles 'Star of Bethlehem' and Penny Black's 'Little Angel' stamp.

The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 29th November and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say 'Yes please' (or similar) in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. As always, if you're only interested in one or other of the items making up the prize, just say so and if you win then I'll do a further draw for whatever it is you don't want. But, do go for both if that's what you'd like of course.

Mr Linky is below - do please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

We seem to be hurtling towards Christmas at a frightening rate now - and Winter has come with a vengeance for some of you.

Spike has gone into hibernation, just about 10 days ago now. BUT, the CCTV has picked up a very small hedgehog tootling round the garden during the night all on its lonesome and it's ignoring the food as well. It's certainly is far too small to survive hibernation as I'm sure it'll be under the minimum weight of 600 grammes. Sadly, unless the little critter comes out during daylight there's not a lot we can do to help. Watch this space!

Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)
x

50 comments:

  1. Lovely cards from the ladies, sorry not been around much only enter a few challenges when I think of it. Time is spent with my dying dad Di, but I"LLL be back.xxx
    aNNie xxx


    The Journey is the Start

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your two older cards are new to me! And they look adorable! As always, I love your prize so please count me in! And thank you for offering a generous prize each week - I enjoy playing here! I'll be back tomorrow to join in. I enjoy seeing your fun picks each week! And congrats to the lucky winner! Well done to all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fab makes again, Di, particularly loving your "hedgie" card!

    Just uploaded my own

    Happy SNIPPET day!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  4. So beautiful cards
    your presentation in pinkis stunning
    hugs Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great picks as usual Di. Like you been busy, busy and it is going to get busier after Thursday - you'll find out why later - so not been commenting as much as I would like.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good morning Di,
    thank you for sharing my Snowman Soup with the playmates. I am happy to say that they all sold at my craft fayre and I could have sold more!!

    'Yes Please to the PB hedgie stamp' thanks!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Di

    Wonderful cards, love, love the little hedgie.

    luv
    irene
    xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oldies but goodies from you today Di!

    Congrats to the winner, and to all those showcased. Lots of inspiration there.

    Hope to join in a bit later.
    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cards from you Di, the wee hedgehog is super cute, and clever of you to revisit a couple of oldies but goodies too :) Love the showcased projects too - there's a lot of talented snippeteers out there, that's for sure! As usual I'm just here for the fun so it's a 'no thanks' from me again this week. Off to start that promised desk clearing now so hugs to you, and Parsnip too, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. You're not a cheat at all Di! It's lovely to see some of the cards you posted before I came to play in the playground.

    Great picks this week, really good ideas for using snippets apart from cards. Congratulations to Brenda L, I'm sure she'll have lots of fun using her prize.

    I'm just playing for fun this week. Hubby has been out for most of the weekend, so I've uploaded three of my cards that I've made this weekend. Enjoying my crafty weekend! As they say..... while the cat's away, the mice will play! ;-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Miss . . . just entered . . . but playing for fun only thank you. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't recall seeing the older cards, but what a lovely girl-girl card the first one is! I love all the soft pink! Congrats to Brenda L on the win as well as the others being spotlighted!
    I'm playing just for fun this week, so no thanks to the draw :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I remember both cards Miss but they're cute enough to see again, especially the little hedgie. Thanks for picking my little punchlings to showcase, looks like it was the week of the "Brenda's" lol! Have a wondeful weekend, it's warmed up and is raining now so our snow is being washed away. More rain along with thunder tomorrow, so maybe we're not ready for Winter here after all!

    Hugs
    Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous cards and picks this week. I am going to be all grown up and not sulk cos I didn't win! Enjoy your die Brenda!!
    Making Snippets cards as I type Miss!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous makes from the girls and well done to Brenda. Just playing for fun this week. Me feathers are a bit ruffled at the monment.
    Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lovely cards Di - you're allowed a little cheat from time to time as you're so busy!
    I've missed the last few weeks, so have made sure I'm in the playground nice and early this week.
    I would love to have a chance of winning the stamps, please.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your two older cards are just beautiful Di and I might add new to me, so I am just loving them!! How exciting to find out that I am the winner too as well as being one of the honorable mentions-so exciting and I could just scream. But I won't, don't want to hurt anyone's ears! lol Thank you Di and sorry for correcting you. I do love to come over and play here, you are a most pleasant hostess!!! I loved all your honorable mentions, there are some fabulous ideas!!! Hugs, Brenda

    ReplyDelete
  18. Both of these are adorable, Di! Such sweet little girls and a darling hedgie! I'm just coming by for fun this week. Hope you have a good one!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh yes, I remember them well.
    We dined at noon, we dined at 8
    I was on time, no you were late.
    Go on then where is that from?
    Gorgeous the first time round and still as gorgeous the second, especially the little hedggie, shame on you for leaving him so long.
    No idea what happened about the post, I did it Friday night, probably on my second glass of wine,so anything could have happened. Yes I did make up the sentiment.
    Some great picks once again and some people have a heck of a lot more nerve than me, I have just made a pop up box for my Daughters 40 and I have had to go and lay down in a dark room for most of the day.

    Great post.

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello there...I am back!!
    Not a C card in site.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Unique, creative picks & I love your cards, Di--well worth another look even if I've seen them before. I'm playing just for fun.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Di

    In my rush and excitement of actually managing to play along yesterday I forgot to leave you a comment.

    It sounds like life is as busy at your end as it is here.

    Loved that PB card the last time I saw it and still love it now! A great make.

    Just playing for fun Di and the chance to use up some of my snippet mountain!

    Love Jules xx

    ReplyDelete
  23. Lovely cards Di! Love the cute hedgie and how you put him in the letter O!
    Quick quiet visit from me today feeling pretty poorly!
    Yes please to the prize this week
    Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  24. I've not been coming to the playground for very long, so the cards are new to me - and gorgeous. I'd love to go into this week's hat
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  25. You are allowed a cheat or more when is needed Miss Pixie! Very, very cute cards which I don't think I have seen before.
    Wonderful picks, as always, Brenda is a real star for snippet busting and creating beautiful things! Hope you have a good week with all the builders gone soon Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Congrats to Brenda on her win!! And showcasing your older cards isn't a cheat in my opinion because they are certainly new to newbies like me! Yes please...I would love to be in for the prize. There isn't a card that I've made where I haven't used bits and scraps...and usually done at least some (or a lot) of fussy cutting...so yay for snippets!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Your two cards are lovely Di. I knew the pink one had to be you when I saw the thumbnail in my list. I haven´t seen the angel hedgehog before but he is very cute, so I think I will say Yes please this week.
    You found some great ideas for your pick this week. I am about to look up the vinyl cutter, Brenda, because I haven´t seen many folk doing it in UK though it is very popular in America. Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  28. Back again for a quick swing! Still just for fun!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Since I'm relatively new to the playground, these cards were new to me. And they are fabulous. I love those Penny Black hedgehogs. So cute. And all the details on the little girls. Gorgeous.

    I'm glad I managed to find some time to play this week.

    ReplyDelete
  30. The angel cards are so sweet...bet the kiddies loved them!

    Dropping by with a card...mine are all a little plain lately but happy I got one finished! Life is a bit crazy busy at the mo...

    ReplyDelete
  31. Please count me in Di, love your cards (as always)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Just popping by to link up my card for this week Di ... just playing for fun though I love your cards. Hope you get straight in the house soon! I'm in the thick of it and got a week delay at the minute!!! Grrr! And down a bathroom so kids have to share our posh one!!!!
    Have a good week
    Sarah xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Wow Di your cards are gorgeous l remember them well and always loved the cards you do for your grand daughter and the noel card the image is just perfect love it ....congrats to the winner and what a great showcase too!! many thanks for displaying mine so enjoyed making that and l use it all the time never got too much storage and yes lots of gravy was had before l could make it....lol take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  34. Just playing for fun this week

    ReplyDelete
  35. Gorgeous cards Di, super picks!

    Warm hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  36. That little angel is cute! Great picks, as always. Just playing for fun miss!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love your snippets card. Beautifully done. "Yes" I would love to have these stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  38. Hi Miz Pixie! Whew, finally managed to get over to give Parsnip a big hug (and you as well) and delighted to see that my 'other DD' Miss Brenda was a winner. Loving both your sweet cards - you know I'm a pushover for that hedgie. Will get back later to take a slower look round at all the goodness I can see has been entered awready. Big Hugs & TFS.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Ahhhh 47. That was the number of our first house!! I take it as a good sign that I may win the prize this week!! Haa Haa!
    Be a Deer and let me win!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  40. Sweet cards. Love your picks. I'm just playing for fun this week. Ta Ta For Now, Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  41. I love your pretty pink card Di, and the hedgie angel is very cute. I have just added my entry but i am playing for fun this week thank you.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  42. a great picks by the playmates, and well done by your dear self again!!!

    ... and so glad for Brenda that she won the die what a blessing :D

    oh and no thanks to the prize ..
    I love your cards but really as cute as they are I dont need them :D take care there Di, be kind to yourself at this time of the year we can push our selves too much!
    .. thank you for all you do :D Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  43. Your fantastic cards stand the test of time, Di, and they are a joy to see again! I love the picks and I'm so happy for Brenda!! Keep us posted on the wee hedgie! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  44. Hi Di your cards are gorgeous. I have posted an entry just for fun. Have a great week. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  45. You've made such sweet little cards this time Di.
    I like that your picks this week are of projects beyond cards. I hardly ever make anything else and it's great to get inspiration for 3-D items.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Two lovely cards Di. The little girls in pink are cute but I particularly like the carol singing hedgie, and such a clever idea to place him in the Clarity Noel stamp. It was so late when I put my card up I decided to leave the comment until yesterday when I promptly forgot all about it! So congratulations to Brenda and some wonderful creations you have highlighted this week too. Can I please say 'yes please' to just the carol singing Hedgie. Thank you Di. x

    ReplyDelete
  47. Lovely cards Di. Having trouble linking mine this week, it keeps telling me Mr Linky has an error :( will try again tomorrow. x

    ReplyDelete
  48. I've just snuck in with a second entry but I'm still playing for fun Thank you.
    Jean x

    ReplyDelete
  49. Dropping by with my Rudolph/snippets cards...Lots of cardmakers here and over there...off to leave some comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.