My snippets card is sort of 'countrified simple' this week - mostly due to lack of time crafting and blogging:
- 6" x 6" square cream card stock
- cream snippets from the snippets folder
- a JustRite Cling 'Burlap Background' stamp, which I love! I stamped a whole background, which comes complete with the frayed edges, onto a snippet of cream card using Versafine 'Vintage Sepia' ink then trimmed it and just glued it onto the card blank
- the flowers were made by stamping onto more cream snippets using the burlap stamp and Memento 'Rhubarb Stalk' plus SU 'Old Olive' ink pads
- the stamped snippets were die cut (then shaped too) using a Time Holtz 'Tattered Florals' die (which I also used to make leaves by just splitting some of the petals)
- final touch to the flower was a snippet of the green burlap stamped card, punched with SU's Itty Bitty round stamp and then shaped into a dome (also known as 'Sarn candi!)
- the SU 'Wonderful Words' sentiment was stamped using SU's 'Old Olive'
Just to point out, given more time I'd have played with different coloured background card to stamp the 'burlap' onto - I bet there are loads of other ways to play. And I'd have spent more time making sure the stamp was correctly pressed down all over - but it sort of adds to the faded charm :) The stamp is BIG, it's 4.5" x 5.75" and it's a cling stamp, therefore unmounted of course. I might have an acrylic block big enough tucked away but for speed I used the thickest plate from my Cuttlebug.
Straight into this week's picks now:
And we have two new playmates this week:
And here's our second new playmate's entry:
Another card perfect for 'Back to School' - and I love the paperclips! Elly is the name of our new friend, she hails from the Netherlands and if you hop over I've spotted some great idea for bags and packaging over at Elly's blog! Do remember girls, when a blog is written in other than English you can usually find a translate button either at the top of the blog or in the sidebar. Google translate isn't brilliant but it's a huge help if you're a sticky beak like me and want to find out just how things have been made!
A huge welcome to both of you - please come and play with us often - we're almost at the time for baked potatoes in the bonfire :) Parsnip is hiding this year - he hasn't forgotten attempts to tie a rocket to his back and launch him into space last Guy Fawkes night!
Time now for the draw for the winner of last week's prize, the double pack of Christmas embossing folders and the 'Leaping Deer' die. And the winner is:
And this coming week's prize is, of course:
A JustRite 'Burlap Background' stamp of your very own :)
As usual, the Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 6th September and will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.
Maximum of three entries and please say 'No thank you' in a comment if you wish to still play but not be the winner of the prize.
Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)
Some of you will have noticed that recently it sometimes takes me a while to comment on your lovely snippets entries. I'm trying to balance things a bit more here (running the home versus sitting in the 'woman-cave' for too long) - but will get to you I promise!
Have a great week! And remember, there's a sticky post at the top of my blog - a free draw for a Joanna Sheen gift voucher. You just need to comment to be in with a chance!
Di (and the usual happy wave from Parsnip of course)