The current challenge of 'Green and gold' over at Less is More immediately brought Christmas to mind and also a pair of Memory Box dies that I really love:
- 5" x 5" square white card blank
- slightly smaller piece of gold linen mirri card, glued onto the card front
- slightly smaller again square of white card with the corners punched using a Woodware 'Squared Corner' punch then glued on top of the gold layer
- next I fished out a SU 'Mossy Meadow' snippet and a gold linen mirri card snippet and backed them with 'Stick-It' double sided adhesive
- out came the pair of Memory Box dies and I cut the solid trees from the green card using 'Pine Border Background' and the outline from gold linen mirri card using 'Pine Border Outline'
- added both die cuts to the already assembled card front and popped a gold peel off star above the tallest tree
- lastly, getting a bit daring and for sure it'll backfire soon, I stamped the sentiment directly onto the assembled card using SU's 'Mossy Meadow' ink and a sentiment from the Personal Impressions set called 'Many Greetings'. I particularly chose this sentiment 'cos the letters go up and down a bit like the trees do :)
And, of course I made another card exactly the same whilst at it!