Sunday 4 October 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Week 197

Yet another busy week in the Playground - with lots of beautiful makes and here's my snippets card for this coming week:
I used:

- 6" x 6" white card blank to start off with - more of this, and why, further down

- a snippet of bright pink card stock (my SU card colour swatch tells me this is 'Melon Mambo')

- the die cut the pink card snippet, having backed it with Stick-It adhesive sheet, using a Die-namics MFT die called 'Floral Fusion'. Love this die as it's great for covering the whole front of a card - and the possibilities for variation are endless

- then peeled off the backing paper from the adhesive sheet on the reverse of the die and carefully placed it along the spine of the 6" x 6" white card blank

- next step was to just trim each of the other edges along the line where the pink frame met the white card blank - a perfect way to make sure the die totally and squarely covered the front of the card without any 'wonky bits'

- stuck two snippets of white card on top of one another for extra rigidity and die cut a stitched rectangle using a die from the Lil-Inkers set, stuck it on the bottom left corner of the card using red line tape

- next, covered the back of snippet of black card stock with snippets of Stick-It adhesive sheet (you can patch these easily so never throw away any leftovers!) and cut three sentiments - using a Waffle Flower 'With love' die then layered them on top of one another

- added the sentiment to the stitched rectangle and also added a couple of little pieces of pink which were waste which popped out from the die cutting

- then went a bit mad with black pearls in three different sizes :)

Showed it to the in-house critic - 'a bit in your face isn't it' was a observation - not the die cuts, it's the bright pink that made his teeth itch! :) I do think it would be really pretty in pale colours, or white and silver for example (and would work beautifully as a stencil I'm sure) - but wanted to show the die off properly so you could see all the detail, 'cos it's part of this week's prize of course!

Now straight onto the weekly picks:

This sewing machine one of those snippets makes that stops you in your tracks - brought to show by Alice (ScrAPamondo) - and absolutely stunning with so much detail! There's even a little drawer at one end. It never ceases to amaze me how ingenious and inventive you girls are!

Our Sam (aka Hettie) made this wonderful box card for her parents' Diamond Wedding Anniversary. What a totally sparkly and  fabulous creation - I LOVE it. Such a lovely idea to incorporate photos of their actual Wedding Day too!

Jane J recently had a holiday on the Island of Rhodes - and she did some crafting whilst there. I think this is such a great idea - a holiday Moment incorporating many happy memories to savour once back home - even the circles were made by using the tops of bottles as tools!! I did giggle a bit, do hop over to Jane's blog to see the photos - she was even crafting on the flight over to her holiday!

And from sunshine we hop straight into snow :) This gorgeous Christmas card was made by Carol L - I picked it because it's so fresh and clean, with wonderful use of snippets too! I don't have this actual die but am sure the Memory Box 'Pine Border' quite similar dies could be used to CASE this elegant card, with a little bit of jiggery pokey :)

Carole L has been making a slower than hoped recovery from surgery (we've both been sitting on the bench in the Playground watching you lot have conker fights) so please let's wish her well. And, I picked her card because it summed up how snippets and a couple of shapes can make for a really elegant card. The rose die is a Penny Black one BTW.

And here's another lovely pink rose, brought to us by Pat. Such beautiful water colouring and the die cut framework is absolutely lovely.

And last, but by no means least, here's a really gorgeous card - brought to the Playground by Diane H. I think it's absolutely beautiful and it's such a wonderful take on the inspiration photo over at Diane's - probably one of the best takes I've even seen in fact! See if you agree:

So, that's the weekly picks - always such a difficult job to choose as each and every entry is always a real delight.

We have two new playmates this week:
Sonia entered three times, and this pen pot is one of her beautiful makes - a very talented lady!

A crafter who added her name as Repolainen brought this fabulous owl card - I do so love how the feathers make such a gorgeous finishing touch!

Hope to see you both in the Playground again!

And of course it's time for the draw for last week's prize of the Winnie and Walter 'In a Word: Friend Cutaway' die and the Marianne 'Don and Daisy - DDS3324' stamp.

This was serendipity for sure, I ran the number generator and the first person out, although they'd commented, hadn't said one way or the other about the prize so I take that as a 'no thanks' - which is absolutely fine. Ran the Random Number Generator again and who should pop out:
I squeaked with sheer delight here as Sarn was really keen to win this prize (most weeks she just plays for fun) and had entered three times. It's absolutely pure coincidence - but a very happy one that her number got drawn!

Next, our prize for the coming week and, as already said, it's a Die-namics MFT 'Floral Fusion' die - very kindly donated to the Playground toy box by Darnell, a good while ago. And, I've added in a Waffle Flower 'With love' die. So both items are duplicates of the ones I used today:

As I've said before, I really do have a Playground toy box here along with a little notebook to keep track - so if you sent a prize and it hasn't appeared yet, rest assured it will!

The Snippets Challenge will run for one week and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 10th October. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prize. Do say if you only want one or other part of the prize (one or both dies) but both are up for grabs as one prize of course. And please also link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.

I've emphasised the bit about saying 'yes please' if you want to be in the prize draw as I do have a slight suspicion that the first person drawn this week might well have wanted to be in the draw - but they didn't say so - so I did a re-run. Am sure Sarn will be delighted though :)

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :)

Di and of course, Parsnip!
x

50 comments:

  1. Well, as I'm a night owl it seems I'm the first to comment this time if nobody has beat me go the 'publish' button. I love your pretty in pink flowers die cut Di and the sentiment on the stitched mat is all it needed as a finishing touch Thank you so much for highlighting my card because as always there are always so many wonderful creations to choose from. Congratulations to Sarn too for winning this week. x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats to winner and my goodness so much talent here, and i totally love that sew machine!!!!
    Di! Your creation in pink is looking very delightful and i love that die cut sentiment, how beautifully you placed it on your snippet! Love it!
    And YES count me in for this awesome prize!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh, that sewing machine, and the box card for your favorite picks are incredible!! What talent and imagination is shared here! Your pretty pink card is so cheery and fun, and the prize this week is a definite Yes please!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pretty card and a handy tip about trimming the card down once the die cut is in place - thanks. Please include my name in the 'hat' this time, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab card and picks today.

    Just uploaded my own entry today - just playing for fun myself this week

    CONGRATS to Sarn

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Back from my holiday - had fab time - wow Di haven't we got some amazingly talented people in the playground? Amazing pics and of course love your card too. Hopefully I will be back playing this week. Annie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous flower die! I love it in the hot pink, but I'm sure it would look fabulous in any colour. The black sentiment and pearls are just perfect.

    Gorgeous picks - the sewing machine is just incredible. Congratulations to Sarn on her win.

    I've just played for fun for the last couple of weeks after my win, but if it's okay I'd like to be a Yes Please this week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Good morning Di. A great flower card from you.....love the little sentiment too. My OH says things like yours....sometimes what we take for critisism is actually a compliment. Great to see all the lovely work over here and thanks for my shout out of my holiday Moment. It was such fun creating it and now it is sitting in my studio reminding me of our wonderful holiday.....bliss. Enjoy this gorgeous sunshine and thanks for all your hard work.Lovely to see Sarn winning.Take care and keep on mobilising that back. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous card Di and some fantastic weekly picks :-D xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yippeeee! How wonderful to find out I won the prize. Thanks so much Di & Parsnip & Mr RNG.

    Your card is very striking and I like it in Melon Mambo Di.

    Congrats to all the show cased girls. All v impressive & inspiring work.

    Not sure who won conkers but it was good fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow Di, I love your card, the bright pink and white with a pop of black is one of my favourite colour combos : )
    Thanks for another snippets challenge and Yes Please to the prize draw . . . I neeed that background die : )

    ReplyDelete
  12. A lovely card and great picks this week too. I would love a chance of winning this week's prize and will be in the playground soon.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Morning Di, l just love your card and knowing how you love pink l'd expect nothing more than pink card stock used!......totally agree with your showcase well done all and well done Sarn for winning hope you enjoy your day Di it's getting cold here anybody else noticed? take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm back already Di, playing this week for the prize please. Right off out to the sunshine to play xx

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wonderful card, Di and fantastic picks today!
    Congratulations to the winner.
    Yes, please to the prize.
    Hugs, Valerija

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Di, beautiful floral card, I have a similar thing so I'm just playing for fun this week. What a wonderful showcase once again too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good morning Di. A great flower card from you.....love the little sentiment too. My OH says things like yours....sometimes what we take for critisism is actually a compliment. Great to see all the lovely work over here and thanks for my shout out of my holiday Moment. It was such fun creating it and now it is sitting in my studio reminding me of our wonderful holiday.....bliss. Enjoy this gorgeous sunshine and thanks for all your hard work.Lovely to see Sarn winning.Take care and keep on mobilising that back. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh I love seeing all of the picks! I am so happy to see my friend Alice's sewing machine on display! Congratulations to all! And to Sarn for the win! Your pink card is lovely - my favourite colour! I like these dies - I'm a definite YES for the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  19. fabulously pink! just added my butterfly blue creation - playing for fun this week.
    hugs, annie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wonderful card Miss Di and some amazing picks too. Congrats to Sarn and a big hello to the new playmates. Will be along later to play for fun xx

    ReplyDelete
  21. Thanks so much Di for the pick of my sewing machine! :D
    Also all the other picks are fabulous and love your card! This background die is so useful, I hope to have a little time to play in the challenge. I would like to win it :D Congrats to Sarn for her won!!
    Happy Sunday to you all

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have entered with my card and yes, please, I like to play AND be a possible winner of your challenge's prizes. Thanks for the chance

      Delete
  22. What a wowzer of a card Di......brilliant! Thank you for incuding me in your picks amongst all that wonderful talent in the playground, and congrats to Sarn on her win.I will be back soon to play but in the meantime I will sit with you on the bench or peek through the railings!

    ReplyDelete
  23. So pretty in pink miss. What a great die too. Some lovely picks there - just don't know how you choose. No thanks to the prize this time x

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love how you feature the creations and write such kind words!!
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wonderful card Di lovely picks this week yes please to the prize this time

    ReplyDelete
  26. WOW am loving the way you have used that fabby die and am loving it in the pink too, Luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  27. The picks are amazing--especially the anniversary box card--wowzer! I love your snippets card, Di--striking & beautiful! I'll play for the prizes if I get a card entered.

    ReplyDelete
  28. fabulous makes ladies as usual, I've just dropped by to play for fun xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. Scrummy, scrummy card.Love it.
    Actually I'm not surprised I'm in at no 13. Yes please stick me in the pot toads an all. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely makes from this weeks picks and your due cut card looks great in the hot pink.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Afternoon Di , I love your pink flower card. Men don't understand pink do they? I'd love to be in with a chance of winning this super die. Loving all your picks again this week and the makes from the two new playmates. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  32. Good evening Di!
    I am soooo pleased that Sarn won last weeks prize - yay!!!
    Your card is stunning and I love that pop of colour - I have given up showing my cards to hubby as I don't want to hear his constructive criticism!!! LOL!!
    Wow - fabulous top picks again... what a very talented lot!
    Just playing for fun this week thanks.
    Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  33. Love your floral frenzy card, Di! I have that die and love it too. Like your little die cut sentiment too. Since I have the coverplate, I don't need to be in the drawing this week.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Your Challenge has become a favorite of mine not only because of the tempting prizes but the awesome way in which you encourage your participants. Plan to link in my entry limit of 3 this time too. And yes I would love to win both the dies if I am lucky. In my country paper crafting supplies are very very expensive and hard to get too since they are imported !! Big hugs and blessings for your kind and generous heart
    Cheers
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Di and Parsnip! Love your Melon Mambo card and the great picks. Ooh! Big yes to prize please. Hugs to you, April xx

    ReplyDelete
  36. Good morning Di (and of course Parsnip) - I can see that dropping in a couple of days into the challenge rather than on the first day is a great idea, there are some real stunners in the gallery. And your card is fab, the black gems really make the pink pop! I'd love to be in the hat this week please
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  37. Your card has a serious WOW factor with that hot pink color and all those pretty black pearls! It's SO pretty! Thanks for spotlighting my card among the fabulous notables this week, I'm truly honored! Congrats to Sarn for her win too! Woot!
    I'm playing just for fun this week, so no thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  38. Gorgeous card Miss. Unusually pink for you!!!
    Right then so who is playing Puddle Jumping?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  39. I have just added my card Di and may I enter the prize draw this week but just for the sentiment die. Thanks. x

    ReplyDelete
  40. Pink and black is just striking, Di! That is an awesome coverall die, and the sentiment die is so fine and delicate. Beautiful card, and great prizes. I would like to be in the mix to have a chance at them. Every week, I just do not know how you make picks. The work is just so wonderful from all of the entrants. Congrats to the winner, and all of the very special picks.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Miss Di, just popped back with my card. Only playing for fun.... I've got my wellies on so I can splash about in the puddles xx

    ReplyDelete
  42. I didn't manage to make a card for Sunday this week, Di, so here I am today with a Tuesday snippet instead. Love your card - a striking die like this Waffle flower one is practically all you need to make a fabulous card. Wonderful showcase as usual - love Alice's sewing machine :) Hugs, Elizabeth xx

    ReplyDelete
  43. Came with my wellies and a snippet card!
    Your card and the prize are lovely but I am just playing for fun...

    ReplyDelete
  44. What a lovely card, Di, and an awesome prize that I would LOVE to have. I really enjoy Waffle Flower products. What amazing picks this week. I am so in awe each week!!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    CAT LOVERS HOP coming Oct. 26-30 at HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  45. Wow Di. You are getting some beautiful pieces of work entered these days. I love all the picks this week.
    Your card is very pretty too, even if it is a tad bright! I would love to be entered for your prize this week. Thanks.
    Sorry I haven't visited you much. I love all the cards you have posted recently, but time seems to be at a premium right now. Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  46. I didn't understand what is the challenge about, could you explain me please? I just found your blog searching card challenges :)

    ReplyDelete
  47. Hi Di, I am back with No 3 card and forgot to say in the other comments, please can I just play for the with love die? Enjoy this lovely sunshine and have a great weekend, hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  48. Your card is so cheerful and uplifting Di! All of your picks are gorgeous and there is obviously a lot of talent out there! I say Yes please to the prize! Thanks so much for the challenges every 2 weeks and for inspiring me to pull out my scraps and craft.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.