Sunday 20 December 2015

Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 208 and 209 and Prize A

Hi there and a warm welcome to the Snippets Playground. Little Parsnip is behind the bike shed dishing out mince pies, cookies, egg nog and mulled wine! I decided that if you can't beat 'em you may as well join 'em and have appointed Parsnip as our Christmas Waiter for the week. Do please help yourself - and do please also let me know if you notice him disappearing into the bushes for a secret swig now and then!

I ventured to the craft room (literally for less than an hour whilst Len was out at archery) to make this snippets card:

I used:

- white Centura pearlescent card stock, scored, cut and folded into a 4" x 6" card blank

- a layer of dark blue 'snowflake patterned' backing card from the snippets I keep in the Christmas card and paper box

- a snippet of white Centura pearlescent card, die cut using a Memory Box 'Curved Merry Christmas' die then trimmed to size and added onto the snowflake layer

- the little penguin was stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and a stamp from a Jane's Doodles set called 'Winter Wishes'. He was coloured using Whispers markers and trimmed up to the edge of the outline before I added a paper pieced scarf (used a little snippet of almost plain red paper from the LOTV 'Classic Christmas' paper pad)

- at that point I thought the dark blue showing behind the die cut word Christmas was a bit dull so I die cut the word again using a snippet of SU 'Real Red' card and popped it in place - ah, much brighter :)

- added three red gems in the bottom left hand corner and a smaller gem as the dot above the letter 'i'

- finally out came the clear Wink of Stella brush pen to cover the penguin's scarf and also the red die cut 'Christmas' word - I took a risk doing the word after it was in situ but thankfully didn't wobble over the edges, phew
 
The die I used is yet another variation on a few other Memory Box dies, and what I really love is that it has the lovely curve which is just right for sitting a little Christmas animal or snowman in.

Let's move straight onto the weekly picks etc. as there are a few different things happening in the Playground over the coming two weeks and I need to explain what'll be going on - a lot of information to take in so hope you think it's gonna be fun!

This amazing scene created by Pat totally bowled me over! And those of you who also visited for a closer look thought exactly the same. The detail is just amazing and this is worthy of being framed (as Bonnie suggested!). Just wonderful!

LOVE this card, made by Brenda. Super paper piecing and the dimension is gorgeous. The background was created using the 'acrylic block, inked with water based ink and then spritzed before stamping' technique - something I'd forgotten all about, so one to try again here!


Gosh, I seem to be on a roll picking blues this week! Lynn (Linby) brought this really beautiful card to share with us - loads of snippets used and I really love the idea of the image in a bauble. Draws the eye beautifully as a stunning focal point.

Bit of a gasp here when I saw this amazing tag, made by Diane H. It's just perfect in every single detail - and it's silver so I did move slightly away from the blues :) I would just LOVE to find this tag, complete with the darling jingle bells, on a parcel from Santa.

Oooops, blue again! I love this wall hanging made by Ileana - if you look closely you'll see that there are loads of wonderful little snippets in this gorgeous creation. I love it!

And blue again, but I just HAD to show you this really clever make, brought to share with us by Liz. Isn't the snowman terrific?! A really great way to use up snippets, and if you hop over to Liz's blog post you'll find really good instructions and measurements telling you how to make this 'happy chappy' :)

And, there's absolutely NO way this wouldn't be a pick for this week - made by Jane J. I totally adore this wonderful card and, not only did Jane share it with us in the Playground, but it's in print in the latest edition of 'Craft Stamper' magazine. Wahoo - go Jane! I can see Parsnip offering to be your agent at this rate :)

So girls, that's my picks for this week - as always so hard to choose and so many wonderful ideas. My advice is to try and find time to visit as many playmates as possible and see for yourself just how clever they all are!

And, we have one new playmate this week:

Michelle (Lancaster) of 'Laughing Ducks' - what a great name for a blog! - brought us this really lovely Christmas card. A wonderful and beautifully coloured image Michelle plus I love all the pretty blue LOTV snippets you used. Great result!

Hope you come back to play again soon :)

Let's do the prize draw now for the Penny Black 'Caroling duck' wood mounted stamp plus a Die-namics MFT 'JOY photo card frame' die - and our winner is:

x

 
Right, so this is what's going to be going on with the Snippets Playground over the festivities. Some of you already know that I had such fun plans for the Playground over this coming fortnight, before I was struck down in my tracks, sigh. Not only is it Christmas and New Year (aka Holidays) - it's also a whole four years since I took over the Playground, so time to celebrate big time!

Having thought it through, whilst lying here hoping for some meds to finally work, I decided that things will go ahead almost as planned as my hands and brain are still in good working order - so far at least! The exception is that I'm not going to list all the prizes here just yet and very possibly won't be able to make a fresh card to showcase each prize - you heard right there - I did say each prize, there are a LOT of them ....... and this is how it will work.

Firstly, the Playground Mr Linky which is below will run for two weeks and closing time will be 11am on Saturday 2nd January and this post is where to add any entries - with a maximum of three entries - over the fortnight. We've done this before and it eases the load on me and also gives you two weeks to play (if you want to of course!) as no doubt the run up to Christmas plus the Christmas and New Year festivities themselves will be busy for you. Some of you will be busier than others I know, and for those of you who do find some quiet time to craft it's a chance for you to play along for some rather nice prizes too. It also means I can clear the Playground toy box out of Christmas themed (and maybe some other) prizes - the lid won't even close right now :)

So that I don't swamp and confuse you with a load of prizes to choose from in this post, I'll be posting at intervals over the coming couple of weeks and adding more prizes of varying sizes into the pot as we progress through the holiday. To be honest, I'm still planning how to fit them all in as well :)

If you see a prize you'd like to be in the 'pot' for then please leave a 'Yes please' (or similar) comment in the same post where I show you the prize. For me, that's going to be a lot less confusing than me having lots of little lists here and there - especially as there are so many prizes coming up!  It will mean that if you would like to be in with a chance of every prize, then you need to comment on each one as it comes up - and please don't leave it right until the end and nip through all the prize posts adding 'Yes please' to each in one fell swoop. Remember, they will show up serially on my dashboard if you do that so I will notice and wouldn't feel that it's in the true spirit of the Playground. So, if you want to play then do try to pop in over the festivities to see what's on offer :)

Edit: Also, just saying here 'count me in for all prizes that are offered' doesn't count I'm afraid and will mean you don't go into the draw at all - other people are taking the time and trouble to check out the individual posts and prizes and leave comments so it wouldn't be fair to them.  

As I already said, there will only be the one Mr Linky for all entries - which is at the end of this post of course. I'll remind you where to go to link each time I post a new prize on the blog. Also, I'll run the prize draw using this Mr Linky as a basis for the random number generator and will then look at the relevant post to find out who said yes to the particular prize I'm running the random generator for. As there will be a good few prizes (for example, I have six of one particular prize which will appear in one post - got a bit carried away there!) - I think the odds of winning something could be in your favour! Plus, the prizes aren't 'First, Second, Third' etc - some are higher in value than others for sure though - so if your name pops out again you could very well end up winning more than one prize.

I hope this is clear girls? Remember, my Christmas is going to be very different this year and I'm pacing things as best I can. This is the best solution I can think of and with luck and fair play it could work out fine!

Let's start with today's prize, which is:


A Memory Box 'Curved Merry Christmas' die and a Lawn Fawn 'Happy Holidays' stamp set. The penguin is similar, albeit a tad smaller, to the one I used today.

I hope I've explained how the coming two weeks will work in the Playground? Please just say if it's left you confused.

The Snippets Challenge will run for two weeks and the Playground gates will close at 11am UK time on Saturday 2nd January 2106. The gates will open again at midnight UK time on the same day.

Maximum of three entries and please say in a comment if you wish to play and be a possible winner of the prizes. Remember, there's the prize today and others will appear over the next two weeks so keep your eyes peeled.

Do say in this post if you only want one or other part of the prize today (the stamp or the die) but both are up for grabs as one prize of course and will only be split if the first name out only wants one or other of the items, in which case I'll do a second draw for the other part of the prize. And please also remember to link back to the Playground in your blog post to be eligible for the draw.

Mr Linky is below - please let me know if you have any problems linking, it's easy for me to sort out so don't struggle on alone :) 

Latest in the 'foot saga' - finished the latest course of steroids and from Friday the doc now has me on a pretty high dose of NSAIDS to continue the inflammation reduction, plus painkillers still - and also pills to protect the stomach 'cos of being on anti-inflammatories for a few weeks now (not that I was having problems).

On Friday night at long last (after weeks!) I had a full and almost pain free night's sleep (10pm to 7am) - something tells me I needed a really long sleep there! :) Fingers are firmly crossed for increasing mobility (whilst being sensible) in the run up to Christmas. Almost scared to say too much too soon so let's just leave it there. 

Edit: I waited until Hettie (Sam) had confirmed that I could say here that, very sadly, her lovely Mum passed away on Friday. I know that you'll all want to join in with sending Sam your love and thoughts at such a sad time.

Di
x

81 comments:

  1. Just seen I wun the quacky duck! Thankyou soooo much. I will take great care of him. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything crossed for you that your foot recovers soon - remember to take it easy! Love your card - the curved Merry Christmas die is perfect for the cute little penguin.

    WOW Di! You HAVE been doing lots of planning for the Playground over the festive season. Congratulations on trying to keep everyone in order over the last four years and thank you for all the generous prizes you give.

    Thanks for choosing my card as one of your picks of the week. As I said in my blog, I CASE'd the snowman and incorporated it in my own design, but it is a really cute way of making a snowman. Well done to all the other playmates who made one of the picks and I hope Mrs A enjoys her prize.

    I'm a Yes Please for prize A.

    PS I've got my glass ready for a drop of the mulled wine. I hope Parsnip hasn't drunk it all before I get there! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for highlighting my card Di and congratuations to all the other showcased cards and to Mrs A for winning last week. I love that cute penguin and the curved sentiment die is a beauty and what a great idea to use red for one of the words and then the three little red gems complement it so prettily. So pleased that there may be just a little improvement in your condition Di and keeping everything crossed that you will be a lot better by Christmas. This next two weeks sound very exciting and it is very generous of you to give away lots of prizes to celebrate your four years! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I will just be playing for fun over the fortnight as I have won Quackers. Amazed that your gorgeous card took less than an hour to make. I've spent the past hr colouring an image in. Mind you it is a Stamping Bella and those spindly legs and arms have done my head in.
    Glad to hear your footy is improving. Even a little bit is a big step in the right direction. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Quackers will be on the way as soon as possible! The only reason my card was made so quickly was 'cos I'd been lying in bed planning it out for days on end!

      And you might just regret not playing along for any of the prizes at all this fortnight Mrs A - you have no idea what's coming along! Feel free to change your mind :)

      xx

      Delete
  5. Oh Di, I need to come over there and wave my magic wand over your foot to make it well again! I wish I could do that for you! Dang, you've been dealing with this for much too long, and I sure hope you find some relief pronto! Your card is adorable and I love that little penguin perched on the snow drift! He's too cute with his little red scarf :) Congrats to Mrs A for a great win and for all of the other wonderful notables this week! Yes please, I'd love to be entered into the prize A :) Now please take good care and get some much-needed sleep! Zzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely card Di, that penguin is such a cutie.
    Glad to hear you are feeling a tad better (no jinxing here).
    Count me in for the prize, great for next years Christmas creations : )

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Di, glad to here you have had some sleep, I know how precious it is when your feet/foot is playing up... I would love to win the gorgeous stamp and die you have used (so YES), your card is wonderful... I have three more homemade crackers/bon-bons to make Megan

    ReplyDelete
  8. So glad you're feeling some improvement, Di, & hope it keeps getting better! Beautiful picks & I adore your card--love the curve in that die! I'll hopefully get some cards made as it will be very quiet around here & I'll play just for the die from today's prize.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Missed last week, again.....even though it is still last week in the colonies...at least where I live! :) So glad you were able to play in the craft room a bit and what a sweet card you made!! Yes, please, to this week's prize drawing!!
    Stunningly gorgeous picks this week, and big congrats to Mrs. A!
    Have a lovely Christmas, everyone!!!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Morning Di and first off how good that you eventually got a half decent nights sleep, that in itself can make a world of difference to how you feel so hope the improvement continues. And yes do take those pills for your stomach otherwise I can confirm from experience that will become a problem area after all the meds.

    Thank you so much for including my make along with the other picks this week and well done to the others.

    I hope to join in this week, but as you probably know I am a tad busy at the moment as I picked up Mrs A's pesky Elf on my way home from the Nativity rehearsals Friday..............I had to do something to redeem myself from the donkey disgrace...........I know all brought on myself with the white wine incident.

    Needless to say Elfy has led me a real merry dance so far and today's not even started so goodness only knows what the day holds in store. I would have taken photos of him bunjy jumping off the stable roof using a lead rope but my camera seems to have gone missing and we can all guess who's at the bottom of that mystery.

    At least the weekend respite will give Mrs A a chance to play with her win, but be warned you are getting him back tomorrow.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh too funny B! Am busy locking all the windows and doors here against that pesky elf! Only hope he doesn't sneak in through the letterbox! :)

      xx

      Delete
  11. So carried away with takes of Elfy that I totally forgot to say it's so good to see your lovely card.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning dear Di and I am SO glad to hear that you have had at least 1 night's sleep...thank goodness and I have my toes crossed that you keep improving. What a lovely festive challenge you have planned you are SO generous and as I said before I am so glad I found this lovely playground where kindness and crafting friendship really shines out. What a lovely card you made, that curved die and the little stamp are great, please count me in. Thank you so much for mentioning my little publishing news...my Mum bless her went out and bought Craft Stamper and took it to her WI...she probably bored all her friends senseless ;0) Your other picks were brilliant, so much talent out there in the playground. We have the kids all coming for bruch today as we won't all be together over Christmas so for me it's Christmas day today! Huge hugs and keep getting better xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a sweet card you made Di...the penguin is adorable and what a fun die....never seen it before! And as always your picks are gorgeous ...off to visit as many ladies as I can. And a big yes to both prizes you mentioned!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Just playing for fun with this one - think I'm clear on the information about the playground for the two weeks and will probably make one or two more along the way. Pleased to hear there is a slight improvement in the foot saga!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A fabulous card Di - I'll be joining you in the playground soon and would love a chance of winning your prizes. I'll keep my eyes peeled for your future posts.
    Take it easy with your foot and hopefully it's now on the mend.
    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous card - very sweet and some wonderful picks :-)
    I am glad to hear that you have improved a bit and I hope this continues.
    I think I am understanding of the Playground plans and I would like to be included in the Prizes. :-D

    Hugz
    IKE xx

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello Di.
    Cute card. Happy to hear you are making some headway back to full health :)
    Sorry not been around much lately. Not been well myself... but could be worse!
    FIRST GIFT SHOWN - NO THANK YOU.
    Happy Christmas, my lovely friend. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. PS. Should have said PLAYING FOR FUN, but got confused. I've reread the post again and think I'm clear now!!!
      Each post has the option of a 'yes please' or 'no thanks', correct?
      BUT... any entries all go to the ONE link?
      Brain fog day. x

      Delete
    2. That's right Donna! xx

      Delete
  18. Really glad to hear the foot is improving and you're managing to get a good nights sleep, but don't get overdoing things.

    Love your Fabulous card - great layout and super little penguin. Beautiful picks this week and congrats to Mrs A.

    Will get snippeting later but say 'no thanks' to this first prize xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Superfun card, Di!! I just LOVE this memory box die and you have made a fabulous card with it and with this cute penguin!They pop-out very well from the background!
    I entered in the challenge for today and love so much both the prizes, so YES, please, I would like to be included in the draw for both them. Thanks.
    Big congrats to Mrs A for her won!! :)
    The picks of the week are brilliant, great inspirational works.
    Sorry for your foot's healt, I wish you a quick recovery and a Merry Christmas full of serenity!

    ReplyDelete
  20. FAB make and pick this week and CONGRATS to Mrs A on winning last week's prize. I have no entry today but will be back asap with one though.

    SEASONS GREETINGS to the entire playground

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  21. And, on an entirely more sombre note, my sympathy to Hettie (Sam) and family on their loss

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  22. LOVE your fun card Di and I love all your picks too! Great creations! Have a wonderful Christmas and a great upcoming New Year! Thanks for the inspiration in 2015, can't wait to see what you come up with in 2016! Hazel xx
    My Card Attic

    ReplyDelete
  23. LOVE LOVE LOVE your cute penguin card with the great die cutting and paper piecing Di.

    Brilliant picks . . . such amazing talent here in the Playground. Congrats on Mrs A's win too. Well done that woman!

    I've bought along another Festive card . . . but am playing JUST FOR FUN for the current prize thank you.

    Hugs and deepest sympathy going out to my li'l mate Sam on her loss.

    Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  24. Nice card made with the lovely goodies Miss! I have resisted the wine as I think all wot I drank yesterday went straight to me legs.. (and it was only 2 glasses - honest!)
    Too many clever clogs in this playground looking at them picks... might need to spike their mulled wine with somefink...............
    Must say tho' Parsnip looks very smart in his waiter waistcoat and I see he is using the (head dress??)tea towel that that damn elf stole from one of the wise(?) men during the nativity play whilst Brenda's back was turned - hope Quacky Duck keeps him in check when he gets home.
    Yes please to the scrummy prize Miss!

    and this here {HUG} is for Sam. x

    ReplyDelete
  25. Stunning is your card Di and l'm so pleased your foot is getting better and congrats 4yrs since you took over the playground how quickly the time has passed..........another array of wonderful cards by all and many congrats to Mrs A enjoy your prize Ooh and parsnip do you think he can be trusted to give out the chrismas goodies back of the bike shed maybe he will run into Mrs A Elf and that only spells trouble..........lol take care sending lots of christmas wishes xx

    ReplyDelete
  26. Fabulous card Di - love that cute lil penguin!
    Love all of your picks from last week's challenge...always such fabulous inspiration to be had on here!
    Count me in for prize A :0)
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  27. Hello Di, nice to find you sounding more cheerful - though that could be the meds talking - hope that you continue to improve so that you can enjoy Christmas. Love your card - both the stamp and the die are terrific so count me in for both, or one or the other, whichever if any happens. Your picks this week are lovely - obviously your blue phase :) Congratulations to Mrs A - she's going to love that duck! Hugs, Elizabeth (glad to be back) xx

    ReplyDelete
  28. That Duck is going to be in so much trouble in Mrs A's hands!!!!
    I do hope that your foot continues to improve.
    Thank you for your kind messages.
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  29. So pleased you've managed a good nights sleep at last, you probably feel much better in yourself because of that.
    Thank you for all the info on your festivities, sounds an exciting two weeks, I'm so pleased to have recently found your blog, so much inspiration from yourself and everyone that enters a card, I really enjoy looking at them all.
    I love your card today, particularly the MB die and would love to be entered into the draw for it please.
    Many thanks.
    Janice x

    ReplyDelete
  30. Lovely card Di,penguin is so cute!
    Yes please for prize.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my goodness, your penguin card is adorable and fun...and that inlaid sentiment looks fabulous! So happy you were able to craft a bit and hope it took your mind off your painful foot for at least a few minutes. Congrats to Mrs. A on her win and to all the week's picks! These cards are all beautiful and creative! I say yes please to this week's prize with the cute Lawn Fawn stamp and merry Christmas die! Hoping you are on the solid road to recovery now Di!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Some stunning picks again this week and a fabulous card from yourself, I would have picked that one for a prize.
    I thought Parsnip was Baby Jesus, but saying that Jesus did change the water into wine so it does fit, I will be sending him a 5ltr bottle of stilled water and waiting to see how he does with that! Hope no-one takes this the wrong way.
    Glad to hear that the Meds are helping, praying that you are so much better, if not totally cured by Christmas.
    I am wondering if you are posting some of your old recipe's again to give hints to Len as he may be cooking the Christmas dinner, if, unfortunately, you are not recovered enough by then.

    Love

    Kath x

    ReplyDelete
  33. Awesome card Di, I love the cute penguin! Have a very Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  34. 4 years...... Wow, that's amazing and you do a wonderful job Di of making people smile all year round. I hope to be round the shed for a tipple over the festive season, so please tell Parsnip to save me a drop.;). I wish you a wonderful Christmas, a foot that doesn't hurt and all the very best for 2016 X X

    ReplyDelete
  35. Hi Di. If I do get to enter the three cards which hopefully I will, then I would like to be entered for just the die. Thanks. (hope this is what you want us to do as seems funny to be saying yes before putting in an entry). x

    ReplyDelete
  36. OOOh love your card Di...fabulous die and such a cute penguin. I would love to be entered in the draw for this prize please.(both elements). Hope you get some ease on that there foot of yours! xx

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hello Di!
    Hope your foot continues improve! Love this stunning creation with an awesome die and cute penguin, a perfect festive scene!
    Omg! I love this awesome die and Lawn Fawn stamp, so count me in!
    Congrats to Mrs.A as a winner and so many stunning picks!
    Wishing you A Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
    Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I do hope your foot is getting better - poor you.
    Well done to Mrs A on winning the prize. I'd like to be in any prizes, not sure I fully understand the process, but I will keep an eye on the blog for further destructions!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Well so caught up with everything else that I totally forgot to say how super cute your card is.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Wonderful card Di! Super cute penguin and I love the script. Amazing picks this week!

    ReplyDelete
  41. So glad to hear you've had a bit of an improvement Di, I hope it continues for you! Yes please to be in the draw for your goodies, and a Very Happy Christmas to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  42. Fantastic quick and simple card that looks like it took much longer! Playing for fun on this one. Can't wait to see what other treasures you are pulling out!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Phew, just read it all and I think I understand! You certainly have been thinking about this and it looks very well planned out! I hate to think that you are still suffering with that foot and I am glad to hear there is some improvement - let's hope it continues! First of all, huge congratulations on 4 years of hosting the Playground! That's awesome! I've only been blogging for 2 1/2 years so I'm impressed! Secondly, your card is gorgeous and I think I might have to CASE it - love everything about it! Third, congrats to Mrs. A! Next, congrats to all the picks - I enjoyed looking at your cards and projects! So nice to see that Michelle has joined the Playground! Finally, that would be a big YES to the prize!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Lovely card Diana and I would love to a chance of winning your prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  45. First I want to wish you a very Merry Christmas and a blessed New Year...and I truly hope and pray you will be feeling better very soon!!! I also want to thank you for choosing my tag to spotlight...I am so honored and happy happy you liked it!! Your fun giveaway sounds like lots of fun too and I hope to pop back over daily...we just had our huge family Christmas on Sunday and now I am somewhat FREE...yippee....okay you can count me in, yes please.....I am hoping ot have a few giveaways myself in 2016...thanks for all you do, you are the BEST!!!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Congratulations to Mrs. A for winning and to your spotlights also. As always a lovely and interesting collection.

    Your little penguin card is super and yes please to the prize. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  47. Happy Holidays Di... I came by to drop of a Holiday Card and to say Hello. " Yes " I would love to be in the draw for this wonderful prize.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Love your card, Di! Glad to know that you are feeling better. I am excited about what prizes are coming up next! I will have to get on with blogging and get my cards in soon! Yes, please count me in! However, if I am lucky enough to be picked, I'll just have the pretty die as I already had the Lawn Fawn penguin stamp! X

    ReplyDelete
  49. Hi Di, hope this finds the improvement continuing. And I hope you are going to be able to recline on a sofa sipping wine while somebody else cooks Christmas dinner! (It's a known fact that any negative effects of combining wine and medications don't apply on Christmas Day). I've finally managed to get my "throw every snippet within arm's reach" card that's been in the planning stages for days together, so here it is and at last I can say yes please to the lovely die.
    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  50. Lovely penguin card, Di! Congrats to Mrs A and the gorgeous picks. Yes please to super prize. Hope your foot is continuing to improve and that Parsnip is looking after you Xx

    ReplyDelete
  51. Mmm mince pie and mulled wine for me! Good to see you managed a card and a little crafting. It looks like a really useful die so yes please. I've so enjoyed being part of the playground and am wishing you all the best. If good will could make you well you'd be skipping about by now.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Yay! I have joined in! I would love to be entered to win the fab prizes please - I love them both! Your card is gorgeous too and your organisational skills are impressive as well! Happy Christmas! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  53. Love the die, Di, (no pun meant) and will say no to the stamps and the ones thus far shown above .. as have ones really need to use.. will comment if really want them on the post..

    Am praying for you and your Christmas time and of course dear Hettie's .. must pop her an email.. although she is probably feeling inundated .. will pray for her and all suffering with loss at such a time been there and it is very very hard.

    Sending big hugs and sorry and am in such a hurry - every blessing of the real peace of Christmas for you and your family,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  54. As usual Di, you are super generous and incredibly organised (if my usuall annual mayhem is anything to go by!). The very best Xmas wishes to you and hoping you have a fun-filled healthy 2016 xx

    ReplyDelete
  55. Happy Christmas Di - hope the foot doesn't give you too much trouble. Yes please to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  56. The gifts are wrapped and I found a few minutes to play, so I'm in the pot for this one.
    Wishing all the playground participants a lovely holiday.

    ReplyDelete
  57. A very Happy Christmas to everyone. Enjoy the festive season. Hope to enter very soon and yes please to the prize

    ReplyDelete
  58. Happy Christmas everyone. I am going to say yes please, in the hope I'll get chance to enter, once I've re read the rules, as me brain's a bit frazzled lol xxx

    ReplyDelete
  59. I hope you had a wonderful Christmas!
    Your card is gorgeous, this die is great.
    Yes for the prize, please.
    Hugs, Tina

    ReplyDelete
  60. Just uploaded this week's snippet make ... happy with any of the prizes offered, should I be lucky enough to win

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  61. I hope you all have had a sweet Christmas! I entered another work today. Hope to publish another soon
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  62. Hi Di, hope you are on the mend and that you've had a wonderful Christmas. Would love to win this prize , your card is fabulous. Gorgeous showcase from the playmates too, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  63. Hi I would love to win any of the prizes. I hope you are feeling better and had a great Christmas. Take care. Hugs Jackie

    ReplyDelete
  64. Beautiful entries, yes please on any of the prizes.

    ReplyDelete
  65. I am so happy to hear that you are doing better and that Parsnip is behaving himself so you can rest! Yes please to these prizes and happy holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  66. Back for the third and final time! Keeping my fingers crossed too!

    Hugs, Sarn xxx

    ReplyDelete
  67. Finally got here with my first snippet xx

    ReplyDelete
  68. Awesome picks as always Di! I hope you are not in too much pain now, I know just how horrid that is at Christmas and wouldn't wish it on my worse enemy let alone a lovely friend!
    Yes please for this prize please!
    I will check out the ones I've missed next. I hope you and Mr L had a lovely Christmas and have a great New Year in 2016 Karen xx

    ReplyDelete
  69. Great card - I always love penguins - they are just too cute! Awesome parade of showcased cards, as usual! You have an impressive array of prizes lined up this year - I won't say no to any one of them :))))

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh, I really have some catching up to do. I was up north at my parents for holiday season (well, actually I was there 2 weeks, lol) and now trying to get back in 'normal' life.

    Gorgeous card, as usual. I already have that cute stamp set (not sure which size, though) so in case I am the lucky winner I would like to have only the die...and another winner for the stamp set.

    Hope you have had a wonderful holiday season. Will be now starting to check the new posts from you (I already had a sneak peek that there are some goodies for us)

    Hugs,
    Eemeli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummm...maybe it could also be "yes please" for both of the prizes :) I would give the stamp set to my crafting friend who will have her Birthday on 1st of February.

      Delete
  71. Hello Miss Di
    I hope that you have had a wonderful Christmas and your foot is on the mend.
    I know that I say it every week but this weeks highlights are AMAZING. Your penguin card is adorable!
    'YES PLEASE' to this prize and I'm off to put my name in for the Penny Black stamp - oooow how exciting!!!
    Hugs Eve xx

    ReplyDelete
  72. Wow, I have entered three works in this challenge! :D

    ReplyDelete
  73. Hi Di,
    Thank you for your comment at my site. I hope I have done it right this time. And yes, I would like to win the "Merry Christmas" die.
    Hugs, Liv

    ReplyDelete
  74. Hello Miss and Parsnip. Happy New Year to you both and Uncle Lenny!! I am finally back in the Playground. I see I have some catching up to do! Wonderful prizes. I am sure if I were to win it would cheer me up a little!!
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  75. I have just added my 2nd entry (Christine Smith) and didn't think to put 2nd next to it - sorry! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  76. Hello Di... hope your foot is mending; I'm about to catch up on all the subsequent posts, so that may be answered for me very soon, lol. Love your card, never seen that die before, it's fab. So that's a big "yes please" to the die and the stamp set too: I don't do a lot of stamping but it's such a joy to find a holiday set that "works" for Christmas in Australia - "Happy Holidays" cuts it much better than "snow much fun" for example and while we don't get much snow (err, try NONE in Perth, lol) we do get the odd penguin - the fairy penguins are our grandkids favourite animals at the zoo, and I'm torn between them and the meerkats :)) Donna x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.