Tuesday 16 August 2016

Less is More Week #289 - Something French

This week's challenge over at Less is More is 'Something French' - and also one layer to boot.

For once, a NBUS stamp set came straight to mind - but could I find it?! I'd seen it recently but there was a good half hour of rummaging before I remembered one last place where it might be hiding. Sure enough, there it was! I bought the stamp set in New Mexico back in 2012 from Hobby Lobby and this is its first outing - shame on me!

So this is what I made:
I used:

- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style

- Penny Black's 'Mimi in Paris' stamp set. First I stamped 'Mimi' using 'Tuxedo Black' ink then stamped her again onto a scrap of paper and cut around the right hand side to the outline of the image to make a mask

- stuck the mask onto the card front and then stamped the Eiffel Tower before next stamping the 'le cafe' sign

- coloured the images using Pro markers and also 'grounded the table, chair and tower with a light touch of Ice Grey Pro marker

- rounded off the bottom left hand corner

- as we know, Pro markers bleed through card stock so I just cut a slightly smaller sized panel and stuck it in place inside the card (phew - still counts as one layer, we did have this discussion a while ago I remember)

And that was it - one CAS card for Less is More.

This card is also for the Penny Black Saturday Challenge for August where the current theme is 'Favourite Technique'. In truth I have a few favourites but stamping is right up there - always!

And wow, it also qualifies for Penny Black and More for August where it's 'Anything goes with a stamp right now'. One of my favourite challenges and I don't play there often enough - I hope using more than one stamp is OK Brenda?

Di
x

35 comments:

  1. Oh Di, this is so cute! Perfect for the LIM challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really cute Parisienne lady, and I love the little heart between the legs of the Eiffel Tower. A great idea to add a liner to the card to cover the bleed through, and also the corner shaping. A wonderful CAS card Di. x



    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to know that I'm not the only one who misplaces a craft item and I'm happy you were finally able to find it because this card is just so darn adorable! Love that sweet little beret-clad Mimi enjoying her afternoon coffee. Your coloring is beautiful and this CAS card is perfect for the challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh la la Di, what a perfect image and CAS creation.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great techniques resulting in a SUPER CUTE card. Totally adorable. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Di,
    what a super cute stamped card.
    That stamp is very lovely, and your colouring is fab.
    Love the rounded corner.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm the same Di...I waste so much time often looking for something which is often on my desk! Mr Mojo didn't go awol...this card is a beauty...stamping and masking to perfection. Such a great theme and colouring. I agree if there is one thing I adore it's stamping....digital just doesn't really do it for me. Enjoy the sunshine. Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh she is fabulous and makes a brilliant card.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! Awesome stamp - you MUST give it more outings! It's perfect for our Less is More French theme challenge and looks both stylish and fun. Thanks for a fab entry!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pleased you found your stamp eventually - very Gallic!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oooo la la and a great CAS card, luv Sam x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cutie pie :)
    Adorable, Di. Glad you found your stamp. X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, this image is so cute!!! You have been so well to use it finally!!! So beautifully coloured! The CAS you have made with it is just amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab card...lovely image ...worth the rummage and it just goes to prove everything has its use at some time even if we do not use it straight away!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that is a very natty idea Miss to do a layer inside the card. Covers up everything nicely. Must admit I shy away from one layer cards. Great bit of masking going on her too. Hugs Mrs A. Norm sends his luv.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It's great to see you playing along at Less is More this week Di and what a perfect image and design. Totally appropriate, coloured beautifully and a brilliant one layer card. Thanks for sharing with us. Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Such a cute stamp and beautifully coloured. Makes me want to be in Paris sipping a cup of coffee!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super card Di, cute stamp too. I think I spend more time looking for things than I do crafting!

    ReplyDelete
  19. wee wee and ooh la la and all those other Frenchy sayings. Very nice.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sweet card, Di! Love these stamps! I think I have a French stamp set somewhere too...of course it has a cat hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable! Love that sweet little girl with her beret! xx

    ReplyDelete
  22. How sweet and lovely this card is.
    Hugs June x

    ReplyDelete
  23. So cute! Thanks for sharing at less is more!

    ReplyDelete
  24. My first thought was the same as Whispers. Oooo la la. Such a sweet image and cute card. I'm happy to know I'm not the only one who buys a stamp and puts it away. I could play NBUS all year!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Super ,cute and beautifully coloured, like the insert trick to keep it one layer. Tres chic xxx

    ReplyDelete
  26. oh lala so sweet card, lovely design.
    Thank you for sharing over at Penny Black and more;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  27. What a cute card and so lovely to see you at Penny Black and More. More than one stamp is definitely ok!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Apologies for being AWOL lat week I was in Spain on holiday!
    This is a total sweetie Di, just love it!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"
    Moins est Plus!

    ReplyDelete
  29. C'est fantastique! and so cute. Barbxx

    ReplyDelete
  30. Love this, Di. What a great little scene. And your new blog design looks fantastic too!
    Thanks for sharing with us.
    Anita x
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh la la, drinking a coffe near the Eiffel Tower - a perfect french scene!! Adorable!
    Thanks for your nice comment, Diana.
    Rosi x

    ReplyDelete
  32. Such a sweet card. Thanks for joining Penny Black & More @ Allsorts challenge. Good Luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  33. What an adorable image & your coloring is perfect, Di! Love the rounded corner! So glad you joined us at PBSC!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much if you take the time to comment!

This is a public blog. Those leaving a comment on any post on this blog or entering a piece of artwork into a linky do so in the knowledge that their name and blog link are visible to all who visit this blog and in so doing have published their own personal details and consented to my use of that personal information should they be selected as a winner or to accredit work.