Time for another Cuttlebug Mania Challenge and the theme this time is 'New Home'. Blame me if you don't like it :)
NB! Edit to say that the new challenge wasn't yet up and running. Jannie has now sorted it out!
You do have to use a manual die cutting/embossing machine for Cuttlebug Mania entries (it
doesn't need to be a Cuttlebug but it must be manual, not electronic). And, you can't mix the two, it must be all
manual please. Then make your
entry, link into the challenge, link to the challenge in your own blog
post and and make sure that you also say what products you used for any
Details of our sponsor can be found over on the Cuttlebug Mania Challenge blog.
This is my DT card:
- 4" x 6" white card blank
- a piece of SU's 'Real Red' card stock, trimmed slightly smaller than the card front then embossed using SU's 'Elegant Dots' folder and glued in place
- a piece of white card stock, stamped using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink and the main stamp from Woodware's 'Bless This House' stamp set
- coloured the image using Pro markers then die cut around it using a Spellbinders 'A2 Distressed Rectangles' die
- used one of the two sentiment stamps from the Woodware set and Memento 'Tuxedo Black' to stamp 'All the best in your new home'
- die cut the sentiment using a smaller die from the Spellbinders 'A2 Distressed Rectangles' set
- glued the image and sentiment panels onto the red embossed card front
- final touch, a tickle of clear 'Wink of Stella' on the pinky-red roses, red front door heart and the birdies red heart shaped wings - it's just added that extra bit of interest for when it's turned and catches the light
We'd love to see you over at Cuttlebug Mania and the challenge runs for two weeks. It's always useful to have a new home card on hand, I've been caught out a few times in the past when a 'we've moved' card has arrived here out of the blue and it's been a scramble to make a New Home card!