A lovely colour theme this time over at Less is More, to use the colours shown in a peacock's feather!
You certainly don't have to focus on a peacock per se, just the colours will do fine. But, I have a few peacock images and also some peacock feather ones too that I could have stamped and coloured using Twinkling H2Os and almost went down that route.
However, there was a new die lying here on the desk right in front of me just begging to be used. Then, in the snippets folder I found a glorious piece of iridescent turquoise, violet and blue piece of paper. So many times recently I almost crumpled that snippet up and threw it away - so glad I didn't 'cos this was the resulting card:
- 4.25" x 5.5" white card blank, tent style
- piece of white card stock, embossed using Cuttlebug's 'Pinking Stitch' embossing folder and trimmed to exactly fit the front of the card
- using the peacock die I worked out just where I wanted the peacock to perch on the sentiment then, using Memento 'Tuxedo Black' ink, a sentiment from the free peacock embossing folder and stamp kit (Simply Homemade 66) and the Misti I stamped the words
- then glued the embossed and stamped panel to the card front
- covered the back of the iridescent paper with Stick-It and then die cut the peacock using the die which came free with Simply Cards and Papercraft Issue 147
- stuck the peacock in place and added a tiny litle gun metal coloured pearl for the eye
Interesting fact, I thought the sentiment was wrong and that it should be feathers - plural. But I checked on line and the most prolific use is singular - who knew? I didn't!